Photo
- - - - -

Roughyeds fans trust

• Please log in to reply
237 replies to this topic

Poll: Roughyeds fans trust (29 member(s) have cast votes)

would you become a member

1. yes (21 votes [72.41%])

Percentage of vote: 72.41%

2. no (8 votes [27.59%])

Percentage of vote: 27.59%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#221 donquixote

donquixote
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 04:44 PM

I have followed this debate with interest but I am still waiting for a post that begins:-

"I/we have spoken to CH and....."

Until that happens further comment is useless.

#222 clifford

clifford
  • Coach
  • 207 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:30 PM

On a similar note I rang the club wanting to buy some orlfc clothing but I was told that wasn't possible as the office is in oasis academy now

Are the club missing a trick not having a public shop

#223 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 204 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:33 PM

The long held dream of Oldham RLFC playing at Wembley in a Challenge Cup Final has now been replaced by a dream that one day the club will have assets and no debts. money in the bank and playing in a first class stadium.

The first as been a dream for over 80 years, how long will the second be before the dream becomes reality.

#224 Superdude

Superdude
  • Coach
  • 157 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:12 AM

All the hamilton lovers wont like it but.....we had a proud club, ch took over and has taken us into a downward spiral.Compared to other clubs positions in 1997 which club has been as badly managed. You ridiculous Hamilton lovers failed to support roughyedspud now we wait for administration as our salvation. ,

#225 john in oz

john in oz
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 06:57 AM

I have followed this debate with interest but I am still waiting for a post that begins:-

"I/we have spoken to CH and....."

Until that happens further comment is useless.

With respect, what a sensible post.
However, from what I see in many posts in many threads in this forum, speaking to the man may be easier said than done.
That is not to say that efforts to do so should be abandoned.
It is of some concern that (if it is indeed the case) Mr Hamilton doesn't want to clear the air with the club's loyal fans.
You would have thought it was in his interests to create a sense of community between the club, its players and staff and the supporters, instead of alienating (at least a portion of) the latter.

#226 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 630 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 07:52 AM

All the hamilton lovers wont like it but.....we had a proud club, ch took over and has taken us into a downward spiral.Compared to other clubs positions in 1997 which club has been as badly managed. You ridiculous Hamilton lovers failed to support roughyedspud now we wait for administration as our salvation. ,

WRONG again. Get your facts right. The once proud club was killed off by Jim Quinn. It was dead and buried well before Chris Hamilton came along. He couldn't take it over as it didn't exist. He started a new club unrelated to the old club. Get it right!!!

#227 clifford

clifford
  • Coach
  • 207 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 09:44 AM

Jim quinn sold watersheddings for a dream of stadium 2000. The rfl let oldham die. CH and 3 others set up a new club.

My dream of Wembley died in 97

#228 bigred

bigred
  • Coach
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:55 AM

As someone said a good few posts back in this thread. It appears that Mr Hamilton doesn't read this forum so he may not be aware of the strength of opposition building against him from fans who want a change of ownership and him out of the club.
We could maybe take a leaf out of the Coventry City supporters book here and organise a protest or boycott of the games. 
I know that Cov supporters are well organised with their 'SISU Out' campaign and the fans have voted with their feet and won't go to Northhampton to watch their team, with crowds down from 15.000 to around 1,300 home fans.
It's hurting the club financially and will eventually force the current owners into administration fully!
To my mind a similar path is the only way we will prise our club from the grasp of a man who is ruining it and yet can't let go.
The future has to lie with new owners, a return to Boundary Park (impossible with the current owner because they won't entertain him!) and an involvement from fans in some capacity.
I know some fans won't want to stay away and believe me it's hard. I found it difficult at first and still look for the results and hope for the best for the team, but I also want what's best for the future of our once great club and I can see when one individual is destroying it!
Time for change!

#229 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:45 PM

But who is going to rebuild the club?

#230 bigred

bigred
  • Coach
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:09 PM

We could follow the path Hornets have taken with a supporter owned club or place our hopes in others with the finance needed to come forward and invest.
The current position is no longer tenable and any of the above would be fine with me..

#231 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:14 PM

if people boycott Oldham Roughyed's, then put simply there will be NO Oldham Roughyed's to support or rebuild because the RLF are under no obligation to grant any new club a licence i.e. Bramley RLFC went out of business and they have never been permitted back into the professional ranks.

Boycotting the games is a short sighted strategy that will destroy professional rugby league in Oldham. (my opinion)

I have read this thread with interest but talk is cheap. People can post all day long about this issues concerning Oldham Roughyed's but until either 1) Private investor comes forwards and invests, 2) A supporters trust is officially formed and they buy shares in the club or buy's the club  3) A consortium is identified who are willing to provided investment or 4) The clubs goes out of business, then things are going to remain the same.

I enjoy watching both teams and I personally will continue to watch my rugby league team.

Oldham v Gateshead Sunday 13th April 2014..

Get down and support your team this weekend.......

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#232 bigred

bigred
  • Coach
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:27 PM

I think option 4 might be the most likely and start a new club.
Option 1 has been tried and ended acrimoniously (won't go into who was to blame - fact is it happened)
Option 2 would be my preferred option but the debts make it unfeasible and ridiculously he wants money for someone to take on debts he's responsible for accruing.
Option 3 similarly, who is going to hand over a pot of cash and take on those debts?
Fans are already voting with their feet and wallets. A boycott of games will enable the inevitable to come around quicker and then the fans can get involved.
I reckon there's a potential fan base of 3- 4000 and with Hamilton gone we would see a good few return even with the club still in a division as poor as the current one! 

#233 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 01:54 PM

I fully appreciate what you are saying and I agree in principle about what you are talking about, I completely agree about the fan base within Oldham  but put simply until someone comes forward and progresses your ideas about supporters trust ownership then this thread is just a soundboard.

I understand people are frustrated but unless ACTION is taken by disappointed past and present supporters, then nothing with change.

If people are so infused by the supporters trust idea then you must step forward and make an official approach to the club with regards to investment or a business buy out. legal advice is clearly needed.

The chief executive from FC United is available for consultations with regards to supporter trust ownership.

Someone needs to take the first step, if you want change. 

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#234 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,034 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:27 AM

i tried

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#235 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,034 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:13 AM

http://www.oldham-ch...ly-unacceptable

“On a personal note I asked myself, ‘Is it worth it? Is it worth the time, effort, hassle and stress, plus my total commitment to the club? 

“I came up with the answer, ‘No, it isn’t — not right now anyway

let the fans help then....simple

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#236 Shaw Lad

Shaw Lad
  • Coach
  • 371 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:12 PM

The only way Hamilton will walk away is if the RFL stop paying his wages. Other than that

were stuck with him and the bottom tier of semi pro RL for ever. This once great club is now

mentioned in the same breath as Gateshead, London Skolars and all other rubbing rag clubs.

Location. Shaw, t'uther side ert pennines.

#237 RoughyedRabbitoh

RoughyedRabbitoh
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:41 PM

Comical this thread.Love it and all who post here

#238 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,034 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 11:18 PM

bump...