League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Roughyeds fans trust

• Please log in to reply
236 replies to this topic

Poll: Roughyeds fans trust (29 member(s) have cast votes)

would you become a member

1. yes (21 votes [72.41%])

Percentage of vote: 72.41%

2. no (8 votes [27.59%])

Percentage of vote: 27.59%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 603 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:23 AM

can we have a definitive answer on this

www.companylawclub.co.uk/topics/limited_liability.shtml . The company is an entity in it's own right and is solely liable for any debts. Shareholders are free from any liability. As are directors unless there is any impropriety on their part.

Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot, 25 February 2014 - 08:34 AM.

#82 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,721 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:50 AM

so a trust that is given xx% isn't liable?

sorry if it sounds like i'm trying to dumb it down.....but i am lol

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#83 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 603 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:32 AM

so a trust that is given xx% isn't liable?

sorry if it sounds like i'm trying to dumb it down.....but i am lol

yep. You would be entitled to dividends equal to the share holding, that's all. Given the nature of the business that would be nothing as there would be no profits from which to draw a dividend. There would also be no say in the running of the business as it would be a minority holding, no seat on the board nothing. so ask yourself why bother trying to get a shareholding?

#84 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,721 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:49 AM

why does having a minority holding mean no seat on the board?

OLDHAM RLFC

#85 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 603 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:23 AM

why does having a minority holding mean no seat on the board?

Because the majority share holding decides who does what. so if 51% or above says no then it's no. The re is no automatic right to anything apart from a share in the profits by way of dividends. you could have 49% and still Have no seat on the board. Even if you were the biggest share holder. if 51 people holding 1% each all got together and voted you out then you're out.

#86 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 603 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:37 AM

oh, and that's just ordinary shares. some companies are set up with what's known as alphabet shares. Where you have A shares and B shares. A shares may entitle you to profits but no voting rights. Those are held by the B shares.

#87 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,721 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:54 AM

thanks

OLDHAM RLFC

#88 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,290 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:11 PM

Has the question of who owns the ground been resolved yet?  This could stop any donations from RO or the RFL trust.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#89 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 603 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:16 PM

Of course that doesn't necessarily mean no seat on the board. if you've got something to give such as a particular skill set or money then I'm sure room could be found. so if you start with the premise... what can we give the business that it's not already got?? if it's a regular income then I'm sure room could be found. But that doesn't mean you'd have A say in how things are run unless that was a condition of handing over any funds.

#90 cluedo

cluedo
  • Coach
  • 415 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:46 PM

Basic knowledge of RL , are you taking the proverbial? No reason why this team cant win promotion at all. Why wont they get promoted, surely if we go up it increases revenue with better crowds?

Why am I taking the proverbial, there was no reason why they couldn't win promotion last year or the year before, they didn't, this year York & Hunslet will compete for the the top spot ORLFC 3rd IMHO,

#91 eclecticsheep

eclecticsheep
  • Coach
  • 754 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:09 PM

Of course that doesn't necessarily mean no seat on the board. if you've got something to give such as a particular skill set or money then I'm sure room could be found. so if you start with the premise... what can we give the business that it's not already got?? if it's a regular income then I'm sure room could be found. But that doesn't mean you'd have A say in how things are run unless that was a condition of handing over any funds.

Go on then...I will ask..."How are things run?"

I had to show major restraint with this post it was to me so humourous...The discerning could probably guess what I imagined,(with absolutely no offence at all meant to TAOHAF) 

The clue is "wheres Wally?"

Answers on this posting please!

#92 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 603 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:44 PM

I was talking generally, not specifically. unless you have something that the current shareholders want then I wouldn't waste my time.

#93 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,721 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:08 AM

a trust using the scheme ive proposed would have something they want....MONEY

OLDHAM RLFC

#94 eclecticsheep

eclecticsheep
  • Coach
  • 754 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:40 AM

Money without any strings attached...Like the art of hand and foot states quite plainly, and I agree with him,(I wouldnt waste either my time or money!)  Status Quo maintained...That is the only deal on the table at Oldham.

#95 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:59 AM

The discussions and information that has come out of this are great and show there is some interest in doing something (in whatever way) to help the future of ORLFC. At the risk of repeating myself ad nauseum, the truth needs to be known from CH before anything could/would happen. Just as a pointer we travel to SW this weekend and still have no idea what our new shirts look like never mind the opportunity to buy one! Season tickets have not been issued as far as i am aware, if simple things like this cant be sorted in good time it just shows how backwards the club is as a professional outfit, so i doubt that any progress would be made on a "trust" front or any other,anytime soon. The blame for this must lie at CH's door. The fans must and deserve to know the truth. The ball is definately in the clubs court.

Cluedo, we lost in the GF on the day to a better team on that day (plus the other GF's). Surely you aint suggesting we lost on purpose because of some hidden agenda from the club? If you look at last season the defeat against Oxford and Hornets derailed us being Champs.We lost to NW away by 2 and hammered them at home. The places this season dont matter its all going to come to a GF anyway. We will definately be in the hunt. Go up this season and it opens many opportunities, which i fear the club wouldnt capitalise on going off the track record of bumbling along. Sometimes i truly do despair whats happening behind the scenes, i cant fault the players/coaches etc but the running of the marketing/merchandising/Club is a complete and utter shambles, the product on the park is great, everything else is a mess that cant be put right until the Club/CH tell the truth about debts/ground etc. Until people can make an informed judgement with the facts from all the parties so they can decide wether to invest/back an initiative we are stuck with a "Club" that is turning into an embarrassment to the name of ORLFC. As has been said above somewhere, no one will back a "dead" horse. CH its over to you...............................

#96 eclecticsheep

eclecticsheep
  • Coach
  • 754 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:52 AM

A post that embraces my own vexation with ORLFC....Well expressed!

#97 lalar

lalar
  • Players
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:55 AM

A post that embraces my own vexation with ORLFC....Well expressed!

+1

#98 thecrab

thecrab
  • Coach
  • 705 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:45 PM

yeah well put 34....but will we get a response from CH?  No we won't.

#99 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 195 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:58 PM

Erm no they wouldn't. It's a limited company and shareholders are not liable for any debts. Otherwise those of us who had shares in the old club would've had to fork out for the debts.

Quite correct Hand and Foot meant to say they would have a 25% stake in the club not the debts.

#100 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 195 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:23 PM

Under the present situation why would anyone want to invest in Oldham Rugby (19997) Ltd given the history of debt and appointments and resignations of various directors leaving just one director, who despite what he says does not appear to want anyone on board unless he stays and carries on  having a say in running the club.

His track record is not a success story and he is very limited with the information he gives out.

As long as that situation remains I cannot see the club going anywhere.

The club has a loyal band of supporters who are volunteers who are a credit to themselves without which the club would not survive.

If CH will not state what the true situation of the club his in regard to its finances, the situation of the ground and / or  what he himself wants for someone to  come in, take , have equal share in investment and running the club or even walking away himself then the future will forever be bleak.

So how will the future turn out.

CH to admit new investors and share everything

CH to sell everything and walk away.

The club to carry on without anything changing.

OR HOW ABOUT Potential Investors applying  to the Rugby football League to set up a second Oldham team with a different nickname playing in the same division and playing at Boundary Park.

A club that is run as it should be with open information to the fans (with a place on the board) and debt free.

Now that would be interesting with a cracking derby.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users