Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Roughyeds fans trust

• Please log in to reply
236 replies to this topic

Poll: Roughyeds fans trust (29 member(s) have cast votes)

would you become a member

1. yes (21 votes [72.41%])

Percentage of vote: 72.41%

2. no (8 votes [27.59%])

Percentage of vote: 27.59%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 lalar

lalar
  • Players
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:22 AM

We used to go in the Britt, is it still open?

#122 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:18 AM

Yeah good one Spud, great idea, yep the Britt is still open, we frequent it before home games :) What about the Britt on Hollins Road, 9th March, 12pm onwards? Any good to anyone interested?

#123 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 316 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:47 AM

What about midday on day of Hemel game? King George pub hollins road?

#124 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,532 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:06 AM

12 it is then....someone decide the britt or george?

everyone welcome as are all opinions,good & bad...infact i want fans there with a opposing view...its good for debate and weeding out the bad ideas from the good...

but most importantly...whether this is a good idea or a bad one..we're all oldham roughyeds fans....lets remember that.

Edited by roughyedspud, 28 February 2014 - 09:10 AM.

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#125 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:40 AM

Ok as OOTR said George might be easier to sit down etc, Ok decision made lets go with the King George lol.. Spread the word folks , see what interest is out there, also point out if people have fallen out with others or the club and are not attending the game they are still welcome to come and have an input and natter.

#126 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,532 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:02 AM

absolutely...

OLDHAM RLFC

#127 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,532 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:46 AM

ive posted it on my facebook...

add me @ simon spud wynn if i aren't already on my friends list..

OLDHAM RLFC

#128 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,532 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:52 AM

bump

OLDHAM RLFC

#129 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 188 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:31 PM

Interesting Harry, I aint a financial wizz but i would assume with no assets and probably debt, then the shares aint worth nothing as a LTD company.The only way i could see revenue being generated from that is if the majority shareholder sold a %age as an investment and relinquish x amount of shares. I might be completely wrong though.

The shares are worth something to CH otherwise he would just walk away. Its the value to him and what he would sell is shares at is what I was meaning.

No investor is going to come in and pay him a lot of money.

The club at some stage have to become solvent or someone one or some organisation may close the club down.

The debts are a problem which stand at around £200k. If some are directors loans would CH  step down if all the debts were cleared including directors loans plus the book value of the shares.

Only he can make that decision. 

#130 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,532 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:10 PM

good luck to orflc :(

OLDHAM RLFC

#131 herbie

herbie
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:30 PM

The meeting go ahead spud?

#132 Shaw Lad

Shaw Lad
  • Coach
  • 368 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:44 PM

good luck to orflc :(

Think a few where interested in the trust {myself included} until you mentioned

Hamilton still having the CEO job. Then has far has I was concerned it was a waste of time.

Location. Shaw, t'uther side ert pennines.

#133 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,532 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:22 AM

its not going to happen because theres far too many people,many more than i thought,who need their heads knocking together.....

and the way i was treated towards the end then it doesn't surprised me the club,orsa,RO struggle for "new blood"...being a fan for 30 years ain't enough apparently...

i put my idea in the hands of a few people yesterday and im in no doubt some of the ideas in that proposal will be carried out.....but it'll be carried out by the wrong people or persons (CH) ...good luck to whoever tries to take this forward though.....maybe i have to sit in "tea & bicuit" meetings for another 30 years before im taken seriously...i dunno??

as for CH still being CEO....he has to be because none of us has half a million to give him to walk away!

Edited by roughyedspud, 10 March 2014 - 04:23 AM.

OLDHAM RLFC

#134 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:58 AM

I am sorry nothing really came from this, I'd have loved to have attended but it just wasn't possible. But thanks for trying.

#135 eclecticsheep

eclecticsheep
  • Coach
  • 754 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:24 AM

I have a growing impression that in the overall circumstances affecting the game in NL1 in general, and ORLFC`s particular circumstances at this time means that whoever is faced with the task of taking this club forward is faced with an increasingly difficult costly and even unrewarding task...my guess is that possibly Rugby Oldham have realised this unpalatable fact and are not wanting to try to steer this foundering ship through the wreckage that the RFL and "other factors" have inflicted on the game in the lower leagues....You only have to look at the BBC crowd numbers in NL1 yesterday,(mitigating factors...kick and clap) to see that roughyedspud`s reference to walking away can equally be applied to the fans by the look of things.

So its a sugardaddy or SNAFU.....and that is a real crying shame for some of us...who have clung to the hope, (a folorn one it seems), that "regime Change" may prepare the ground for rebuilding and reinvigoration a scenario that looks increasingly unlikely in my lifetime...seventeen years and counting....

good luck to ORLFC  :(  no spud...God Bless ORLFC...That`ll do it.... :superman:

#136 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:59 PM

its not going to happen because theres far too many people,many more than i thought,who need their heads knocking together.....

and the way i was treated towards the end then it doesn't surprised me the club,orsa,RO struggle for "new blood"...being a fan for 30 years ain't enough apparently...

i put my idea in the hands of a few people yesterday and im in no doubt some of the ideas in that proposal will be carried out.....but it'll be carried out by the wrong people or persons (CH) ...good luck to whoever tries to take this forward though.....maybe i have to sit in "tea & bicuit" meetings for another 30 years before im taken seriously...i dunno??

as for CH still being CEO....he has to be because none of us has half a million to give him to walk away!

Would anyone in their right mind pay Half a million for a business with no assets and without any  realistic chance of getting very much back from your investment.

#137 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,532 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:03 PM

it was a throw away number harry

OLDHAM RLFC

#138 Gregory

Gregory
  • Coach
  • 102 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:04 PM

I contacted the club several weeks ago expressing a willingness to help out on a matchday, but didn't receive a response. Not very good PR

#139 Ex-scrumhalf

Ex-scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 104 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:23 PM

I feel a bit gutted for you mate because I know you were fully committed to this idea, and in my view it was, no it is, a good one. It just needs people to get their heads together, and work together, to make it happen, and that may mean some sacrifices on both sides in the beginning. As I see it CH is not going to walk away so he has to be, shall we say, helped on his way, somehow. We are not going to get him out at this early stage under any circumstances so it makes sense that as supporters we make a move into the club and work alongside him for the foreseeable future. That may mean the group sponsoring someone, you for instance, to become a co-director. However as time moves on it seems likely to me that with at least one foot in the door we may find ways of ousting him. But trying to get rid of him completely just aint going to happen unless someone has the money to pay him off. And that aint going to happen either. I'm on the side of a stealthy move in with a view to a complete takeover in the future when the supporters are in a better and stronger position. 

I keep saying the supporters instead of "we" because I was unable to go to the meeting yesterday, Sunday lunchtime meetings are out for me, so I don't actually feel part of it. However if you feel strongly enough then I would say don't give up and maybe think about an evening meeting that is given a higher profile perhaps through the Chron. I would gladly attend and back you up, as would a few mates of mine. We might be a bit over the hill but not so much that you would notice.

If you fancy this idea I'm sure that the Chron would oblige with a short article and if needs be, and I can't promise anything, but I do have a couple of contacts who might help us with the publicity.

Go for it! you're passionate about it, and as the little Chinese guy said even the longest journey begins with just one step...or something crappy like that anyway.

#140 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:31 PM

it was a throw away number harry

I know that but what his the point of anyone offering anything to buy any of the shares anyway or organise a meeting of any kind if he does not turn up.

CH has had plenty of time to engage in conversation  with the fans but has chosen not too.

He does not need to do and can sit tight and no one can do anything about it.

The fans can do and say what they want .

Only he can change things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users