decsion on faal and campbell

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:52 AM

Thought the club was making a statment on campbell and faal. Ie were do we go from here appeal? Or release them from there contracts to free up funds for replacments does anyone know if or when this may happen . Just hope its not more dualreg faal no great loss due to him not showing much last season campbell big miss awsome finisher also prepared to take ball up and make the hard yards .

#2 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:30 AM

I thought they had made a decision that they would stand by them whatever that may mean. Not sure where they stand in terms of contracts etc

#3 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 915 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:31 PM

Thought the club was making a statment on campbell and faal. Ie were do we go from here appeal? Or release them from there contracts to free up funds for replacments does anyone know if or when this may happen . Just hope its not more dualreg faal no great loss due to him not showing much last season campbell big miss awsome finisher also prepared to take ball up and make the hard yards .

I understand it costs £500 each to appeal. Think we are all awaiting an ''official'' statement , can't think for a minute KN will pay the contracts with nil return this season, so what does ''standing by them'' mean. Can cover a multitude of possibilities.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

#4 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:41 PM

The appeal can surely only be against the severity of the punishment.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#5 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,726 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:51 PM

No right of appeal
So that's not gonna happen
And would be surprised if Batley bound them to any deal.
Batley could keep them fit all season
then come next season jump ship for a better deal...wouldn't be the first time he's done it to a club.
Campbell is a Batley asset.. Fael ain't

Verdict

Campbell on some kind of retainer for the season & fael released.

Their biggest crime

Getting caught ;)

#6 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:00 PM

Coolie for once u make sence stupidity of the highest order y do it but if u were to want place a bet get a friend to do it . Also agree with you faal release but campbell keeper . Also great result for your lads .

#7 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:05 PM

Still think it a bit harsh.A final and its odds on its going to be a lively start, with a penalty soon in the game.Now if it was put on Sheffield scoring first.In actual fact they were showing loyalty to themselves.

#8 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 649 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:24 PM

yes harsh punishment as what has been said before. Definately keep Campbell he's been great for us and it showed how much we'll miss him on Sunday.

Also great result for Dewsbury bet it was a great game.

#9 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,516 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:19 PM

As proffesional sports men did they conclude that they were safe to put the bets on.
There was a hint of others that joined the shenanigans were they undetected oe used others to place the bets.

The pair didnt seem in the same league as the lingard school but were they really that naive

Edited by 9' oller, 18 February 2014 - 04:25 PM.

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#10 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,726 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:26 PM

Cheers lads

The game was breathtaking
Never seen a team battered for 40 minutes
And had a chance to go 2-0 up at halftime
We can't top that performance surely this season... Hopefully it's not downhill from here

Wouldn't read too much into your result
Kear is no mug and will turn it around for you... The big 2 concerns for the heavy woollen clubs this season is at opposite poles this season

With Batley it's depth of squad & quality

With the Rams It's keeping all the players happy

Both problems will thru the season cause problems for coaches and fans alike.

#11 bulldogtrev

bulldogtrev
  • Coach
  • 411 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:22 PM

I understand it costs £500 each to appeal. Think we are all awaiting an ''official'' statement , can't think for a minute KN will pay the contracts with nil return this season, so what does ''standing by them'' mean. Can cover a multitude of possibilities.

How long would an appeal take? Batley need these two players replacing ASAP. I assume the club would not be able to replace them until after the appeal.  

Edited by bulldogtrev, 18 February 2014 - 06:23 PM.

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

#12 phildog

phildog
  • 304 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:23 PM

Sorry to be a stirrer; good or bad, useful or not, they broke the law of which they were aware. End of story, we need a full squad NOW, not in 12 months time. they must both go and be replaced quickly. Said right from the beginning that we had recruited poorly in the backs and has been proved already. Do something about it NOW, not down the line.

#13 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:45 PM

Both players knew the rules so deserve the bans I would still say the same if dewsbury players had been banned. Austin buchanan was banned for comments made on twitter. Players know what's expected of them.

#14 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:46 PM

Like i posted earlier why no statment from the club. They need to deal with this sooner rather than later by first relasing a statment on the website to let us know what we are going to do next its been nearly a week the players in question let everyone down with there actions on that day. We as a club need to regroup and start to either sighn new players or getseason loans in but need to do somthing .

#15 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,123 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:31 AM

I dont understand the need for the club to issue a statement to keep a few internet fans happy, this is nothing to do with anyone but the club, the players and the RFL, I'm sure that behind closed doors there are ongoing discussions with the club and the players and until such a time that something is sorted and set in concrete why would the club issue a statement of any sort, let them get on with doing their job.

#16 stevieb

stevieb
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:30 AM

I dont understand the need for the club to issue a statement to keep a few internet fans happy, this is nothing to do with anyone but the club, the players and the RFL, I'm sure that behind closed doors there are ongoing discussions with the club and the players and until to such a time that something is sorted and set in concrete why would the club issue a statement of any sort, let them get on with doing their job.

totally disagree, it is something to do with the fans on a website or in the stands, after all it is the fans coming through the gates that pay the wages and also the people like of Bissa that generate money, so without the fans there woudnt be a team,then there's the player's sponsor's what about them?

Edited by stevieb, 19 February 2014 - 12:44 PM.

#17 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,918 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:09 PM

I dont understand the need for the club to issue a statement to keep a few internet fans happy, this is nothing to do with anyone but the club, the players and the RFL, I'm sure that behind closed doors there are ongoing discussions with the club and the players and until such a time that something is sorted and set in concrete why would the club issue a statement of any sort, let them get on with doing their job.

The voice of reason!

#18 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:11 PM

Still think it a bit harsh.A final and its odds on its going to be a lively start, with a penalty soon in the game.Now if it was put on Sheffield scoring first.In actual fact they were showing loyalty to themselves.

Think you're dreaming there, mate.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#19 phildog

phildog
  • 304 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:12 PM

Probably the whole of RL is looking to Batley at the moment to see what is done. If the players are kept on, then it says that Batley condone the breaking of the law. To me it's a simple, obvious act. Also, after Sunday, it shows what many of us have already said-the backs are sadly lacking, and now are 2 down in number as well. And yes, people have paid to sponsor these players, so replacements should be sourced.

#20 phildog

phildog
  • 304 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:01 AM

Batley News states that the club are standing by Faal and Campbell. That seems to close the matter. Can't say I agree but there you are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users