Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

decsion on faal and campbell

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:17 AM

Gambling is one of those subjects (like drugs) deemed to require support not punishment. I think both players are good enough to "support" and therby retain (possibly) their services for the future. Cambell is a top championship player and Faal shows flashes of his ability, as he did against the Cougars recently.

In 6 - 12 months when we have done the double over Dewsbury, gotten to the Semi final in the Challenge cup and appeared in our second consecutive play-off final all this will be forgotten - Bulldogs don't do glass half empty :bb:

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#22 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 219 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:54 AM

That's the spirit piggy always looking on the bright side!!!

#23 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:20 AM

Gambling is one of those subjects (like drugs) deemed to require support not punishment. I think both players are good enough to "support" and therby retain (possibly) their services for the future. Cambell is a top championship player and Faal shows flashes of his ability, as he did against the Cougars recently.

In 6 - 12 months when we have done the double over Dewsbury, gotten to the Semi final in the Challenge cup and appeared in our second consecutive play-off final all this will be forgotten - Bulldogs don't do glass half empty :bb:

In 6 - 12 months when we have done the double over Dewsbury, gotten to the Semi final in the Challenge cup and appeared in our second consecutive play-off final all this will be forgotten - :bb:Bulldogs don't do glass half empty

And if you only win two more games all season, I'd put my house on them being against the rams. :shout:

#24 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 208 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:42 PM

Standing by them but in what sence ? Are we paying them full contract payments ?? If this is the case how do we find other funds for replacments while neither will take part all season ???

#25 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:17 PM

Standing by them but in what sence ? Are we paying them full contract payments ?? If this is the case how do we find other funds for replacments while neither will take part all season ???

I think a previous post doubted KN would pay much if anything to anyone not considered available to play (unless injured). Early days yet and I am sure JK will be sniffing around looking for suitable replacements. I see the Rams have a lot of spare players :ph34r:  

#26 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,983 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:07 PM

I think a previous post doubted KN would pay much if anything to anyone not considered available to play (unless injured). Early days yet and I am sure JK will be sniffing around looking for suitable replacements. I see the Rams have recruited a full squad and won't be dependent upon DR this season 

Fixed your typo PM.

;)

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#27 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:49 PM

:lol: thanks BSJ

#28 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:52 PM

I think a previous post doubted KN would pay much if anything to anyone not considered available to play (unless injured). Early days yet and I am sure JK will be sniffing knickers and looking for suitable replacements. I see the Rams have a lot of quality players,where as Batley aint :ph34r:

I've amended both your type's

;)

#29 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 172 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:22 PM

Probably the whole of RL is looking to Batley at the moment to see what is done.

Super League has started. No one outside WF17 cares.

We stuck by George and will stick by these two. A decision I support.

#30 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,076 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:47 PM

Until they ###### off like George

#31 stevieb

stevieb
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:26 PM

I do think that they should of appealed at the lengths of the bans, especialy after the long & gleeson bans, but i also think its down to the players to pay the appeal fee, after all it was down to them being the idiots in this case and not the club

#32 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:05 PM

Is jc about 28. If so im guessing next year could be his last at this level. Cue hunslet

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#33 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:31 AM

They only got 2 month's each ban for the betting

The rest of the ban for was been stupid and been caught

;)

#34 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:56 PM

They only got 2 month's each ban for the betting

The rest of the ban for was been stupid and been caught

;)

The stupid thing is they used their own accounts.

#35 nedryan

nedryan
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:48 AM

There is still no sign of any permanent solution to replacing these two. Looks like we will be relying on DR heavily all season. Hope the Giant's squad stays fit and well if that is the case. Puzzles me though - we probably already have the smallest squad in the league - are we so hard up or are we still paying Faal and Campbell? I notice that Fax have taken in Tommy Saxton on loan from Fev for a month to cover Worrincy's injury so there are players around that we could have recruited. I would be much happier if we could have a more permanent solution than DR and wonder why we don't offer Blackmore loan terms

#36 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:21 PM

wonder why we don't offer Blackmore loan terms

Ritchie??

Noticed Graham Bonnet doing warehouse 23 in Wakefield on the 15th

Wooo a Rainbow reunion

Piggy - zippy
terminator - George
9 roller - bungle
;)

Edited by coolie, 02 March 2014 - 12:22 PM.

#37 ernieone

ernieone
  • Coach
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:38 PM

The club are doing there part in trying to sign replacements but at this time of the season there are not that many players without clubs. The Club have had talks with several players but do not want to panic into signing on players just to make the squad up.

"Batley Bulldogs, Championship Club of the Year 2011"

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

#38 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 604 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:29 AM

Which is the right thing to do. What about Wayne Rettie? Seems out of favor at Fax?

#39 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 208 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:46 AM

No thanx we gave him a chance then he showed no loyalty and went to fax just a mercenary imho give him a miss

#40 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:15 AM

No thanx we gave him a chance then he showed no loyalty and went to fax just a mercenary imho give him a miss

Jeez we must have the least forgiving supporters in the game. If any player leaves us he automatically becomes a traitor who must never be forgiven!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users