No Mullally

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,551 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:57 PM

Gone on a months loan to the Bulls. Guess it might get extended for all season with them being short of players.

#2 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,654 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:11 PM

Is this permitted I would of thought his parent club would only be able to send him to us.

Guessung ok bulls showed baloo a few crispy ones and the exciting mulally will recieve more experience at odsal

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#3 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 425 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:08 PM

This really is a big problem with duals. There is no protection for the Championship club. Sure, you may have other options from the Giants, but Mullally, from what I've seen of him, is a hard act to replace. Last season at Leigh, whilst we had a number of D/R's from Wigan, only Tom Spencer qualified to appear in the play-offs.

This season, we have been lucky enough to have a BOD who have put money in, and Paul Rowley has been given a big enough squad, to help avoid the use of D/R's - fingers crossed! I noticed from your squad list on Sunday, there is a heavy reliance on D/R's. I'm not criticising your club or coach, it's just a fact of life for Championship clubs - which is a great shame, all round.

Will Mullally be better off at Bradford? Well, setting aside the issue of whether he'll be financially better off ( ;) ) I suppose he will be better for regular SL rugby. If he's not selected regularly, then he won't be better off. One or two D/R's arrived at Leigh last season, and were 'surprised' (shocked) at the speed and physical nature of last season's Championship.

Hope you get a decent, more permanent replacement.

#4 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:30 PM

Is this permitted I would of thought his parent club would only be able to send him to us.

Guessung ok bulls showed baloo a few crispy ones and the exciting mulally will recieve more experience at odsal

If it's experience of standing under his posts waiting for conversions

More chance of him getting at Bradford than Batley ;)

You'll turn up a little gem

You always do ;)

#5 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 534 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:59 PM

Said it if not once but many time D/R is not good for the championship it devalues our league and the sooner our descition makers realise this the better. More BULLDOGS please.

#6 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:05 PM

Owning club use DR's to suit them due to no notice to open or terminate the deal. Loans are a 4 week minimum. Looks like Donnie are doing a Swinton this season

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users