Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Charlo gone

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#21 bobg

bobg
  • Coach
  • 260 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:58 PM

It takes a big man to do what Gary has done, he has the best interests of the club at heart. I have a lot of respect for the way Gary & Martin picked the team up from nothing and with the support of a good BOD took us back to Rugby League respectability. Good luck for the future in what ever you decide to.

#22 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 519 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:59 PM

Darren holt

#23 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,678 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:01 PM

Had Charlo made his decision on Sunday?    Listening to Walshy on my way home he said Charlo had watched the game from the stand and he couldn't ever remember him doing that before although Oggy used to do it.    Whatever, I hope the players go out this weekend and play it for Charlo.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#24 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,791 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:05 PM

I think Steve McCormack must be favourite for the job if we are tying up with Wigan. He's currently on the coaching staff at Wigan looking after their scholarship lads.

SM not my preferred choice unless he is bringing players with him.

#25 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,315 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:09 PM

So Peter is in charge at present and maybe for Sunday ? If so I wonder if he'll play . And if he's kept on as asst coach

#26 anok4u

anok4u
  • Coach
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:10 PM

Defo don't want mccormack the only thing he achieves is bringing a club to its knees...
Big thank you to charlo,all the best for the future marra..
go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

#27 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,315 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:15 PM

Dave Woods may want to step up to the next level ? ( only kidding havenites )

#28 anok4u

anok4u
  • Coach
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:21 PM

Think of the pie bill David we could buy a prop with that money!!
go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

#29 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:33 PM

Big thanks to Gary for everything he has done for the club, and also for realising when it was time to let go. There will never be anything other than good will to both Gary and Martin for how they turned the club around. Some people may not agree with how he set a team up but nobody can argue with the results they achieved.

I'm sure I saw Peter Walsh in Asda yesterday......................

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#30 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,315 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:39 PM

Mmmm , and Craig Bellamy wasn't at the nines in Auckland ...

#31 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:41 PM

He was playing for Cardiff

#32 Fat lad

Fat lad
  • Workington
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:45 PM

Sean long?

#33 Garymaca07

Garymaca07
  • Players
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:46 PM

Ewan dowse wanted to be player /coach last season,,is this an option are we aiming too high, a big name coach will want good wages,and a good budget,don't think we have any,closer to home maybe.

#34 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,315 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:49 PM

You seem very keen on Shaun Long ? Hasn't he got his own problems ?

#35 Fat lad

Fat lad
  • Workington
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:53 PM

Gary Murdock is the best coach round these parts could do it on a part time basis

#36 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,315 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:57 PM

We don't want to break the bank of course , but maybe this is one appointment where we may need to push the boat out as much as we can as it's such an important decision . You're future depends on it . Will be really interesting .

Edited by DavidM, 18 February 2014 - 08:57 PM.

#37 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:01 PM

There will be no shortage of applicants for the job I'm sure. We seem to have had links with Cresta recently and I'm sure he would do a good job. It all depends if the BOD want to continue with the Cumbrian development links or want somebody with contacts in the wider game in this country or abroad.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#38 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,315 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:04 PM

Do you think we're talking a week or a month or what ? Wonder what the timescale usually is

#39 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 182 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:05 PM

well long has just quit london.......I think he will be the man if you can come up with the pennies......he loved it a fev and was sad to leave

#40 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,791 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:12 PM

We need somone who can attract a few quality players to come to us

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users