Charlo gone

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#41 Plan of Attack

Plan of Attack
  • Coach
  • 775 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:18 PM

I hate to say this but it would not suprise me if Wigan had a say in who your next coach is . Look at what happened with swinton and Warrington when their coach quit

#42 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:26 PM

I hate to say this but it would not suprise me if Wigan had a say in who your next coach is . Look at what happened with swinton and Warrington when their coach quit

The exact same thing had crossed my mind to be honest. Although I don't think Wigan would decide it would be more of an appointment made through our link up

#43 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 810 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:29 PM

I hate to say this PLAN OF ATTACK but TOWN are not on DR with WIGAN, and would not have a say in what happens at our club,do you think they have been on the phone telling CARLO he as to pack in come on man

#44 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,775 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:33 PM

We have no link up with Wigan . Not that we know . The Swinton analogy isn't accurate here I don't think.

Edited by DavidM, 18 February 2014 - 09:34 PM.

#45 bangbang

bangbang
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:44 PM

Dave Clarke
Rip the bludgers heads off!

#46 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:46 PM

Is he glad all over?

#47 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,789 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:52 PM

Is he glad all over?

No but the other four are.    :P

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#48 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:56 PM

Dave Clarke

No! no disrespect Intended

#49 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:08 PM

In my opinion our BOD's choice of new coach will say a lot about what we want to achieve this season. The only local coach I would like is cresta. I don't know of anyone else that could improve us who is local (cumbria). If we bring in from out of the county then lets wait and see.

#50 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:13 PM

Or it might say a lot about what they can afford.

#51 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:24 PM

why what extravagance have we spalshed out on to skint us??? We havent got thacks or actons wages and travelling expenses or dowes wages to pay have we. Or calderwoods expenses & wages. I am not suggesting we are flushed but come on.

#52 nec

nec
  • Coach
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:28 PM

Locally Gary Murdock or Cresta

Otherwise Steve McCormack or Sean Long

My guess is McCormack but I'd love to see Long get the gig

Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

#53 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,424 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:34 PM

You would hope well have someone in to take charge for Swinton in 11 days time.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#54 troutmaster

troutmaster
  • 836 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:45 PM

Well it might be a long shot but,Paul deacon has been recommended to take up a coaching job to upgrade his potential to one day take over has Wigan coach.Now its not beyond the possibility that paul deacon could end up at workington town to fulfil is ambition to one day take the reigns at wigan,but another one who could do a good job for town is sean long,i realise he is a loose cannon but,that cannon when let loose can destroy the opposition and thats the cannon we have been missing for years.Finally we come to paul crarey,the two sessions that he had with town were so enlightling,the players were in awe of the fella.He is the kind of coach that lets the players express themselves but is quick to rectify any mistakes with them but in a school teacher manner,it was really nice to see a coach on the training field with so much poise but,so much quality and that is what has been lacking for a few years.I have got to big up charlo and oggie,they took on the job wiwth so much good intent and they certainly acheived it,i am not going to go through their what they have done for our club because town fans already know.I have known martin for a lot of years,has a player and a coach and charlo nots so many but i have got to thank them for their loyalty to our club and to us fans and i wish them both all the best for the future in whatever they pursue.Cheers lads.
Posted Image

#55 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:03 PM

Well I would imagine that some of the signings last season were brought in I the assumption that gates went up and then that failed to materialise. For that mind I would say we probably have a similar budget to the year before only difference being the younger players from that squad would want more when they re-signed which has taken up the extra budget. I can't remember who we had that season but can't remember anyone other than Thackray really.

#56 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 852 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:06 AM

Another long shot, Peter Walsh.

#57 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 852 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:08 AM

With Jimmy P as his 2nd in command.

#58 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 852 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:09 AM

And Mark Mully as bag man!

#59 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:01 AM

Darren Holt wouldn't be a bad choice, I thought he did a magnificent job at Barrow last year with a poorer squad than ours. I couldn't believe it when Barrow sacked him, even more so after he had been diagnosed with cancer, does anyone know how he is doing ? 

#60 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:18 AM

From what I've heard I don't think some of the players would be too keen on that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users