Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Charlo gone

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#101 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:32 PM

Yes me! Lets get out of fantasy land here

We're relying on Wigan to bail us out of the brown stuff whoever the coach is wont matter to them

We obviously have no budget for a big name Warrington spend more on supplements than our budget so lowes long etc won't happen

The best players have clubs there's no star man out there sitting on his ###### waiting for us to approach him

We're mentioning cresta and I can tell you that Ian Rooney and Gary Murdock are outstanding local coaches as good as he is and far more ready for the role than Rob Purdham. Your comment is disrespectful and shows your lack of knowledge outside of what goes on at Workington town 4 me!!

And the best signing Town could make now locally would be Karl Dixon to play half back

my comment was not meant to be disrespectful to anyone.however you ask anyone on here or other fans who don't post on here if they think a local amatuer is what is required given what we are up against this season amd I am confident you would get the majority saying no. We need a coach that can attract a few players preferably forwards from out of the county. Lets see who applys before we plum for a local coach.

#102 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:43 PM

Now that Charlo has gone we need somebody who has coached at this level or above and has the ability to work with the team we have and develop therm and make sure we are safe at the end of the season..

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#103 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:59 PM

my comment was not meant to be disrespectful to anyone.however you ask anyone on here or other fans who don't post on here if they think a local amatuer is what is required given what we are up against this season amd I am confident you would get the majority saying no. We need a coach that can attract a few players preferably forwards from out of the county. Lets see who applys before we plum for a local coach.

I agree I just think that we've missed the boat on securing the forwards we badly need unless Wigan supply them!

Paul Rowleys got sacked by Leigh, Clive Griffiths had a decade out of the game and Fev plumped for a guy with only youth development experience and Barrow a guy who coached Millom to mediocrity, I agree I to want a big name who is a step up from Charlo also as you say lets wait and see who applies and more importantly what there salary expectations are
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#104 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:20 PM

I agree I just think that we've missed the boat on securing the forwards we badly need unless Wigan supply them!

I just wonder if thats the reason behind Charlo going at this particular time. He has had a game to see how we would go without replacing our props sufficiently and on the basis of that, and seemingly no new such forwards in the pipeline, has concluded he's on a hiding to nothing and would struggle to get the squad as it stands into the top nine.

O for a SaveliO or two!

#105 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:18 PM

I just wonder if thats the reason behind Charlo going at this particular time. He has had a game to see how we would go without replacing our props sufficiently and on the basis of that, and seemingly no new such forwards in the pipeline, has concluded he's on a hiding to nothing and would struggle to get the squad as it stands into the top nine.

O for a SaveliO or two!

they are my thoughts too oneday. Did he see the writings on the wall. The concern from that is was he also aware that the chance to still bring some in wasn't there

#106 Death to the Rah Rah's

Death to the Rah Rah's
  • Coach
  • 468 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:25 PM

as good as some of our local coaches are, now is not the time to blood them in the professional game at Town. That's got nothing to do with their ability, more to do with contacts in the professional game (or lack of them) as the club requires an experienced coach and experienced players if we are to survive this season

#107 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:50 PM

as good as some of our local coaches are, now is not the time to blood them in the professional game at Town. That's got nothing to do with their ability, more to do with contacts in the professional game (or lack of them) as the club requires an experienced coach and experienced players if we are to survive this season

good post DTTRR's