New coach

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Fat lad

Fat lad
  • Workington
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:30 PM

Sean long leaves London broncos coaching staff thoughts off longy being in control?

#2 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 668 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:10 PM

Hope not, hes mental and deffinetly not someone we want, awesome player but we dont want that here at Town!

#3 Bearintown

Bearintown
  • Coach
  • 303 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:39 PM

It would be a brave man to appoint Long after recent events- but it might be an inspired choice -or....
As my ole lad says you stand or fall by your decisions.

#4 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 890 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:46 AM

I wonder if Garry Schofield would throw his hat in the ring, loves it up here.

#5 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:01 AM

The reason Long left London was because they wanted to change his contract to a part time one, he said there was too much travelling involved for a part time contract. That rules him out then doesn't it??
Maybe a SL assistant coach will throw his hat in the ring. The likes of Briers or Deacon who may have SL ambitions may see it as the ideal step.

Edited by The Voodooguru, 19 February 2014 - 08:03 AM.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#6 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:28 AM

Peter Roe? Was in the running for the Barrow job.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#7 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:32 AM

I honestly think we need a proven head coach, not an assistant wanting to step up. Nows not the time for risking anything. Let's get cresta in.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#8 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:22 AM

I honestly think we need a proven head coach, not an assistant wanting to step up. Nows not the time for risking anything. Let's get cresta in.

Yeah he would have my vote too - if he'll do it.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#9 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,948 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:18 PM

I'm not sure Cresta would be interested. He's got a nice job with no pressure as Head Coach of BARLA with overseas tours etc

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#10 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:29 PM

I'm not sure Cresta would be interested. He's got a nice job with no pressure as Head Coach of BARLA with overseas tours etc

hes already said he's not interested mate.

#11 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 668 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:19 PM

A lad at work knows Crarey , he txt Crarey asking about the Town job and Crarey said "No he couldnt commit" he showed me the txt too.

#12 homeandawayer

homeandawayer
  • Coach
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:49 PM

Out of the coaches i've seen since the early eighties i'd say other than the obvious Walsh and Ashton that Gary Murdock was the best at getting the best team performances and best from individuals.

It depends on the players you inherit or can sign but to me that shows that you can have a SL or international experience but the best man for the job is the one who's got proven man-management skills and can inspire the people around him.

Attached Files

#13 Fat lad

Fat lad
  • Workington
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:16 PM

Over seas coaches are intrested aswell according to NS

#14 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:29 PM

Over seas coaches are intrested aswell according to NS

well done to the BOD if that's true they are obviously spreading the word far and wide.

#15 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:38 PM

well done to the BOD if that's true they are obviously spreading the word far and wide.

totally agree. A decent Aussie would be welcome, especially if he's got good contact from down below.

#16 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,631 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:47 PM

totally agree. A decent Aussie would be welcome, especially if he's got good contact from down below.

You`re always thinking about penises, dirty swine.

Edited by dkw, 21 February 2014 - 02:48 PM.

#17 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:05 PM

You`re always thinking about penises, dirty swine.

hahahaha

#18 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:47 PM

I think Peter and Butch look like being in charge for the next 3, maybe 4, matches now.    Obviously they are there for this weekend and if we are advertising the post in Monday's papers then you have to give at least a week for applications so that takes care of the Swinton match and then by the time the applications are sorted and interviews arranged that could take in the Barrow away game.    After that we have the Challenge Cup fixture.   Two very crucial games in there with teams we will be fighting against to stay up, so let's hope that the two lads can get it right and they get the full support of all the players.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#19 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:03 PM

Gee , looking at it that way , the new coach could face a bad situation by the time he gets in if it goes the wrong way ... Or take over from guys who've started his job for him if it goes right and have got us some momentum . Pray it's the latter . I can't help feeling though that it's what we have on the pitch that ultimately will tell , and that's what we need to work on still .

Edited by DavidM, 21 February 2014 - 04:06 PM.

#20 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:10 PM

And another negative is surely we can't bring in any new faces when we don't have a coach in charge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users