Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

New coach

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:13 PM

I was thinking that . A shortterm loan or two of a SL type should be ok though if it's possible . That helps us which helps any new coach

Edited by DavidM, 21 February 2014 - 04:13 PM.

#22 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:21 PM

I was thinking that . A shortterm loan or two of a SL type should be ok though if it's possible . That helps us which helps any new coach

but the main one we all would love to get is Adam and I think there would be the opportunity of a season loan as he's not getting in at Salford anytime soon. And I can't see us being able to complete that sort of deal without a head coach. I would expect someone to be in for barrow at the latest.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#23 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:24 PM

Yeh , anything long term would need the nod of the new guy . Mmmm it's a toughie .

#24 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:36 PM

Got to give props to the board, at least there keeping us informed about the process. Obviously they can't give names out but just letting us know where there at is a very good thing.

#25 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:24 AM

Wonder if Carlo Napolitano (Italy World Cup coach) is classed as an overseas coach? Just wondering seeing as there's overseas interest. Not sure if he still lives in UK or not

#26 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:24 AM

Sydney I believe.

#27 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,705 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:06 PM

He's from Eccles isn't he?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#28 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:14 PM

Salford way . Hearing him in the WC you're waiting for this Italian lilt and then he speaks and you get this broad Lancastrian !!

#29 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:23 PM

Well he seems to be highly thought of as a coach on the way up and he's just finished 'the italian job' arf arf

#30 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:00 PM

Well Sean long should be 1 name crossed off the list, London have announced he left because he was asked to. Due to the fact he couldn't do his job in a professional manner. Massive red flag on that one.

#31 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 456 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:54 AM

The N & S states today,
"Workington Town hope to be in a position to compile a shortlist for the vacant coaching role at the club before the next game against Swinton.
The job has been advertised in today’s trade papers with a request for applications to be in by Thursday. The board of directors would then draw up a shortlist. "
They are targeting an early appointment.

#32 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,705 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:06 PM

The advert in the League Express says "Workington Town ARLFC" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users