TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Charlton resigns

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Paul Ballantyne

Paul Ballantyne
  • Coach
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:59 PM

I was just reading that Gary Charlton has resigned as head coach of workington... Funny as it was only last week I heard a story of cresta going up the coast!!

#2 Plan of Attack

Plan of Attack
  • Coach
  • 794 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:14 PM

More likely he did not like being told by Wigan who he had to play in his team!

#3 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:16 PM

More likely he did not like being told by Wigan who he had to play in his team!

I don't think town would let Wigan do that tbh

Edited by scott, 18 February 2014 - 09:17 PM.

#4 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:42 PM

why would Cresta take on the Worky job which would involve one hell of a lot more travelling during the week when he had the ideal opportunity to be head coach at Barrow ... unless his time when Dessie was in charge has made him anti Raiders, which im sure isn't the case!

Oh and Scott Barrow looked into DR'ing with Wigan last season and the main reason that Holty didn't go down that avenue was Wigan stated that whoever was offered to Barrow HAD to play that weekend...............maybe they have changed that attitude..I don't know ???

Main thing is good luck to Gary Charlton whatever he decides to do next ... he and Martin Oglanby did Town proud

Edited by morty, 18 February 2014 - 10:47 PM.

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#5 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:59 PM

why would Cresta take on the Worky job which would involve one hell of a lot more travelling during the week when he had the ideal opportunity to be head coach at Barrow ... unless his time when Dessie was in charge has made him anti Raiders, which im sure isn't the case!

Oh and Scott Barrow looked into DR'ing with Wigan last season and the main reason that Holty didn't go down that avenue was Wigan stated that whoever was offered to Barrow HAD to play that weekend...............maybe they have changed that attitude..I don't know ???

Main thing is good luck to Gary Charlton whatever he decides to do next ... he and Martin Oglanby did Town proud

But town haven't linked up with Wigan we've got 3 players on month loans

#6 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:23 AM

I didnt say you had DR'd with Wigan Scott, just saying what happened last year with us.

Lee Morton

#7 bangbang

bangbang
  • Coach
  • 534 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:42 AM

One thing Cresta isn't and that is anti Raiders.
Rip the bludgers heads off!

#8 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 425 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:48 AM

That's not the way it worked when Leigh linked with Wigan.

Edited by AlanE, 19 February 2014 - 07:49 AM.

#9 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:49 AM

That's not the way it worked when Leigh linked with Wigan.

Alan apparently it was what Wigan wanted in the potential link up with early last season going by what Holty said

Lee Morton

#10 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:16 PM

DR means loss of all things that make up a lower club, passion pride and identity are all lost to survive- the soul disappears and the reasons fans had stuck with that club are all the things that are lost

#11 Paul Ballantyne

Paul Ballantyne
  • Coach
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:30 PM

With Sean long leaving London could he be heading to Workington?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users