Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Swinton team 2014

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 mickburkes boots

mickburkes boots
  • Coach
  • 123 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:39 AM

Led to believe the guys dug deep last week against a very strong fax team and if 1 point can be picked up against the top teams and keep working hard could be a good season,keep it basic and use the players strengths and good defence think we'll shock some teams, let's make our home games our castle and sure we'll get better as season progresses,no reason why we can't or shouldn't make the play offs!!! keep the faith, phil

Edited by mickburkes boots, 19 February 2014 - 09:16 PM.

#2 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 912 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 10:21 AM

Well said!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#3 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:04 AM

Well said Mr Burke  see you Sunday i hope

Riggy

#4 mickburkes boots

mickburkes boots
  • Coach
  • 123 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:14 AM

I'm hoping my work colleague will swap Saturday for my Sunday but my wife and daughter in law will be attending otherwise and I'll have my phone on sport updates not the same though Riggy!Think I need a job with no weekends very difficult!

Edited by mickburkes boots, 19 February 2014 - 11:17 AM.

#5 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 323 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:11 PM

I am pretty certain that Halifax will be in a scrap at the top of the league and that we will not be directly involved in that and therefore the team performance did bode well for the season. The pitch was sticky but the lads stuck in there, tackled hard, and got some just rewards at the end with a strong finish and a couple of tries (perhaps a good advert for the "bonus point").  

My biggest concern was the scoring of quick fire consecutive tries which can quickly leave you out of sight in a match and Halifax scored tries in twos it seemed.

Been a while since I saw a scrum half completely covered in mud at the end of the game..... summer rugby eh?

Sheffield on Sunday will be as big a challenge as Sunday but hopefully (as this will be their first game) it is a good time to catch one of the top few teams before they get going.

PS - thought Jordan went well at full back and foiled a fair few breaks with his cover. Bet he was glad he was not facing Penny though...

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#6 mickburkes boots

mickburkes boots
  • Coach
  • 123 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:16 PM

Childhood friends kev and jord, roomed together in Australia, know each other's plays, both down to earth good guys, can't go and buy kevs speed that's for sure

#7 mickburkes boots

mickburkes boots
  • Coach
  • 123 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:16 PM

Well I will see you there, swapped my Sunday can't wait see yous there

#8 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:22 PM

I would play Jordan at 6 on sunday. 

#9 mickburkes boots

mickburkes boots
  • Coach
  • 123 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:09 PM

Think he will be Riggy my self

#10 TWD

TWD
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:35 PM

Think he will be Riggy my self

Russell full-back?

#11 Blakemore

Blakemore
  • Coach
  • 233 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:13 PM

Ritchie at full back
Daz said he's back

#12 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:42 PM

Great to see Jord back with us. I thought he had a really good 2013 despite his injury early on in the year. I have to admit, when he chipped over the 'fax line last week i wondered what he was doing! He'd picked it up from a charge-down and we had 6 more tackles. Needless to say, I'll trust his judgement next time! He also saved a 40-20 with great skill last week, thought it deserved a mention.

my team for Sunday would be as follows (considering the 3 lads dr lads haven't been named in the Wire squad for this weekend).

R. hawkyard
Penny
Nanyn
Evans
Worthington
Burke
Watson
Menzies
Ackers
Cooper
Watkins
D. Hawkyard
Barlow

Bowman
Johnson
Morrison
James Brown

i'd also like to see Peet and Walker but not sure if they'll be back from injury.

#13 mickburkes boots

mickburkes boots
  • Coach
  • 123 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:21 PM

Thanks for that hate it when I can't get to the games due To work So nice to get feedback, suppose judgement and luck really

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users