Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

AJ Bell

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 eclecticsheep

eclecticsheep
  • Coach
  • 754 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:18 PM

I was very interested to read that Sale Sharks are pondering a return to Edgeley park due to a whole gamut of issues with their tenure at the AJ Bell stadium and the effect on paying customers through the turnstiles, If they do bail out would sharing the stadium with the red devils be a workable alternative to the LSV?

#2 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 573 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:11 PM

Couldn't be dismissed entirely further down the line, but id say unlikely for foreseeable future.

Edited by steve wild, 19 February 2014 - 01:13 PM.

#3 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:51 PM

Don't think i will be buying a parking pass !!!

#4 eclecticsheep

eclecticsheep
  • Coach
  • 754 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:06 PM

The only thing that passes in that car park is time...lots of it!

#5 Robthegasman

Robthegasman
  • Players
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:51 PM

I would very much doubt it,I don't think that Swinton Lions could afford the rent there.I once read that the rent for just ONE team was about £750000 per year,so using that yardstick it would probably cost Swinton Lions £375000 rent per year,and I would very much doubt they have that sort of money.

#6 eclecticsheep

eclecticsheep
  • Coach
  • 754 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:52 PM

So its a white elephant then?

#7 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 364 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:48 PM

Yes

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#8 Robthegasman

Robthegasman
  • Players
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:06 PM

Simple answer,the AJ Bell stadium IS a white elephant in precisely the same way that the Don Valley stadium was.That AJ Bell stadium will be a huge burden on those who have the most terrible misfortune(ie most of us) to live under the boundaries of Salford City Council and(and here it is a minority I guess as most of the Salford borough are on benefits a la Benefits St) pay the ridiculously high council taxes to fund this white elephant,and everything else associated with it.And of course this is the same council no doubt who will do everything in it's power to prevent Swinton RLFC from returning to it's rightful home.

Makes you"proud"to be born in Salford doesn't it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users