Kev Penny

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:19 AM

Just noticed his profile pic is on the Lions website, does this mean we will be seeing more of him in a Lions shirt this season?  I really hope so. :D

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#2 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:28 PM

I hope he gets a proper chance at SL. He's not been named in their 19 man squad again so hopefully we'll see him back for us this weekend. I don't see why Warrington haven't taken a chance and thrown him in the team, he's been nothing short of brilliant for us over the past 18 months.

#3 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:22 PM

Gene Ormsby has been called into the Wire squad for tomorrow nights game against Leeds.

#4 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:29 PM

Penny in my opinion is better than reilly monaghan bridge and definitely Ormsby

#5 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 331 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:47 PM

I suspect the good news for Swinton (and bad news for Penny) is that wingers are unlikely to get a place on the subs bench. Therefore he is more likely to be available for Swinton this season than sat a forward like Riley. He will have to either get in the first 13 or not be in the team. Therefore unlike forwards, where inexperienced players get playing time from the bench, Penny will miss out till he hits the first team.

I also note that Jordan Burke profile has also appeared which, again from a selfish (Swinton) perspective, is also good news.

Whilst wishing players to succeed at "higher" levels (Joseph, Penny, Sarsfield, Armstrong, Higson,et al) I would always like them to be in a Swinton shirt! (Ah.... the dilemma of a team that develops talent).

Penny (and Burke) will surely get their chances at Warrington and we will be prepared for that but in the meantime I will continue to enjoy them  :P

As for Ormsby he did seem to "beef up" towards the end of last season and was more likely to be found in the second row. Maybe that is what is attracting the warrington management.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#6 mickburkes boots

mickburkes boots
  • Coach
  • 128 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:35 PM

I suppose it's about playing week in week out and being patient and if the chance arises take it, but I do think the partnership with a another club gives opportunities for players to develop and play in a really tough division and get valuable experience

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users