Evans latest to commit future

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 League Express

League Express
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:22 AM

Evans latest to commit future

Luke Evans is the latest member of last year’s Oxford squad to have re-signed for the upcoming 2014 season, Evans who can play at either stand off or as a hooker endured a frustrating campaign when he broke his ankle in a pre-season warm up game against the RAF.
Before joining Oxford the 23-year-old played for Exeter University over the past four years and has also represented Wales in the student Four Nations.
On re-signing for the club Luke said, "I had a false start last season due to the injury sustained against the RAF in pre season. Happy to be given another chance to impress Tony Benson and the rest of the coaching team. It will be fantastic if I am able to put on the shirt this year and run out at Iffley Road for the first time. I have been working hard in pre-season training and will hopefully be given the chance to impress in the upcoming pre season games."
Tony Benson, Oxford coach said, "He had a really bad injury last year which kept him out for the season, but he has worked hard to get back to full fitness. He is strong in defence, is very powerful and is a skilful player. I'm looking forward to seeing how he develops this season."

League Express is Britain's biggest selling Rugby League publication
On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.
Follow us on Twitter @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users