TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Bobbie Goulding

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:40 AM

Says 'I'll be applying for the job - I love it up there'.
Thoughts anyone. ?

#2 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:44 AM

Where has he said that

#3 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:47 AM

News and star sport .

#4 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:48 AM

Just seen then

#5 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:48 AM

Halfback coach - well he should know about getting a team moving from the halves .

#6 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:30 PM

Why not?   I follow him on Twitter and he is a different lad now to what he used to be.     He still has many contacts in the game and was the French national coach not long ago so will have contacts there as well.    I'm sure he will be up to date on coaching matters, so, yes, why not?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#7 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:39 PM

And as I say , not just what's absorbed from all the coaches he's worked under , but that inbuilt knowledge of getting teams moving and being creative from the middle . We've had forward coaches . But im sure others will be in the ring to . Gary Schofield loves it up here to

Edited by DavidM, 20 February 2014 - 12:39 PM.

#8 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,227 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:00 PM

Touch,wouldn't, pole, him , with , barge

rearrange as appropriate

#9 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:24 PM

Like Keith says he has a book full of contacts, and has coached at international level. But the only question I would ask was if he was a bit too marmite, as some people love him and some seem to hate him. I'm sure he would bring Callum on a treat at half back tho.
It will be up to the BOD to judge from who applies. Goulding may or may not be the strongest applicant. Sometimes it just has to click between the BOD and the person who gets the whole Rugby League scene up here and the merits of having a locally based squad supplemented with top drawer travellers.

I wonder if the N&S have had a tip off as they seem to have contacted him out of the blue?!

Also it's a bit of a trek for anyone travelling from France for training though!!
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#10 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:37 PM

they,ve probably picked the goulding crack up off twitter he tweeted last year that he was after the haven job would be a good job for him mind

#11 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,851 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:40 PM

they,ve probably picked the goulding crack up off twitter he tweeted last year that he was after the haven job would be a good job for him mind

If its true about the way Haven treat him over the job offer then another plus to him coming to Town is he will already hate our nearest rivals.

#12 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:49 PM

I'd like Goulding a risk but one that could pay off
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#13 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:49 PM

Why what did Haven do??
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#14 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,349 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:50 PM

Big plus that !!! He has a head start ha ha !

#15 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:24 PM

Gave him the job then backed out but weren't man enough to tell him face to face

#16 homeandawayer

homeandawayer
  • Coach
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:25 PM

He's got a good coaching record and he's off the booze now. It's a bit of a concern that he hasn't got any of the jobs he's applied for since coaching France but i wouldn't be opposed to it. He's mad keen to prove himself as a coach so that's a plus.

#17 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,851 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:33 PM

Gave him the job then backed out but weren't man enough to tell him face to face

Yeah, exactly that. If true (and its all anecdotal) then they offered him the job then left him hanging for a few weeks while lining someone else up.

#18 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:42 PM

That's what I heard too

#19 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,851 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:17 PM

Just more evidence as to the classless way the club is ran.

#20 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:21 PM

Why not? I follow him on Twitter and he is a different lad now to what he used to be. He still has many contacts in the game and was the French national coach not long ago so will have contacts there as well. I'm sure he will be up to date on coaching matters, so, yes, why not?

I agree why not? Ok maybe there may be suprise applicants yet but he should certainly be considered.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users