Bobbie Goulding

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#21 maripins

maripins
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:36 PM

Just more evidence as to the classless way the club is ran.

They are experts at classless.Think poor folk who lost money when they went bust! Like Bobbie Goulding ,Ged Stokes got a text message that he was sacked!!

#22 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 916 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:43 PM

Goulding for me rugby man yeah if he wanted to corn and knew our cash isn't top whack fair play but we need someone local!! Butch and ashy did well

#23 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:30 PM

They are experts at classless.Think poor folk who lost money when they went bust! Like Bobbie Goulding ,Ged Stokes got a text message that he was sacked!!

Don Gailer wasn't even in the country!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#24 Aubrey Boyce

Aubrey Boyce
  • Players
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:31 PM

I think you should be careful talking about sacking coaches after what town did to Stokes

#25 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 857 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:47 PM

Butch does 90 percent of the coaching, i would like to see him and peter lupton giving a go ?????

#26 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:55 PM

That's a reason not to give it to someone ... It's not a change is it ? We need new and fresh and a new reinvigorating challenge for the players

#27 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:04 PM

Don Gailer wasn't even in the country!!!!

it was dave woods who got the job

#28 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,723 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:10 PM

Butch does 90 percent of the coaching, i would like to see him and peter lupton giving a go ?????

board have said there looking for someone with experience to hit the ground running. That should really knock anyone within the club out of the running.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#29 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:32 PM

No disrespect to any coaches within the club or local amatuer coaches but at this moment in time town need someone experienced and with possible connections out of the county.

#30 town blue

town blue
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:57 PM

I would like to see Gary Chambers appointed if he's interested - he ended up doing a good job at Swinton last season by keeping them in Championship.

#31 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:03 PM

I say go for Bobby G, I think we now need to start doing what most clubs are doing, we have kept the purse strings tight for the last few years and not spent money we haven't got ( and well done to all), but if and I say if we don't stay up this year I really feel we will be finished, attendances will be down to a couple of hundred, better players gone, no chance of bringing in good travellers ( who would come up here for peanuts) we would struggle to even sign local amateurs. We now need to gamble a little, some people will disagree I know and I have said on a earlier post about panicking, but what do we have to loose.

I await to be shot down   :ph34r:

#32 bobg

bobg
  • Coach
  • 285 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:09 PM

Would like to see Paul Cullen in the frame.

#33 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,377 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:19 PM

It's a good job for anyone . Sure there'll be quite a few names interested . Whenever a vacancy comes up there always is . Finding funds to secure one is the key bit .We have a limited squad in quality and quantity , so the right appointment can make up that a fair bit . This is big .

Edited by DavidM, 20 February 2014 - 08:23 PM.

#34 Coachman

Coachman
  • Banned
  • 66 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:28 AM

Finding funds David, you have hit the nail on the head. Even local coaches like charlo and oggy were on decent money.

#35 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:02 AM

Bobbie is a fantastic bloke an coach and anyone been coached by him all say the same, it's just his past reputation people remember when jobs come up, the bloke has been off the ale for over 12 months, definitely worth a shot.

#36 homeandawayer

homeandawayer
  • Coach
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:18 AM

That's a reason not to give it to someone ... It's not a change is it ? We need new and fresh and a new reinvigorating challenge for the players

I'd like to see how Butch gets on as caretaker though , he did brilliantly last time and the rugby was great to watch.

#37 homeandawayer

homeandawayer
  • Coach
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:20 AM

I think you should be careful talking about sacking coaches after what town did to Stokes

Shoot me down but i support the fact that something had to be done , the guy just wouldn't take a hint and was dragging the club down.

#38 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,723 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:46 AM

I'd like to see how Butch gets on as caretaker though , he did brilliantly last time and the rugby was great to watch.

butch and Ashe done a great job, but we need new ideas and only a new coach will bring that. Some of our rugby is awful at times, just 1 man hit ups and it has to change to stand a chance this year. New coach, new ideas is the only way we will survive.

Edited by wonky, 21 February 2014 - 09:47 AM.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#39 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:48 AM

Maybe Bobbies assistant coach with the France national team would want to come with him!
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#40 homeandawayer

homeandawayer
  • Coach
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:53 AM

butch and Ashe done a great job, but we need new ideas and only a new coach will bring that. Some of our rugby is awful at times, just 1 man hit ups and it has to change to stand a chance this year. New coach, new ideas is the only way we will survive.

What i meant was Butch's style of rugby was so much different from the rugby played under his head coach and i'll be interested to see if he can do it again until a new coach is appointed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users