Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Hospital

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:15 PM

I've not been on here this week because I had a really bad asthma attack, & have spent :-Dthe week on CCU at the Whittington Hospital, North London, as I had taken my daughter to see her Nanny.
I did some BLS training on Monday, then deteriorated badly. At one point I thought I was going to end up on the Obit thread.
But I'm improving, & they say I am due for release Friday.

For those in the know, when I was admitted my peak flow was 105, normally it's 550-600
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#2 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:30 PM

All the best.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#3 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,764 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:31 PM

I've not been on here this week because I had a really bad asthma attack, & have spent :-Dthe week on CCU at the Whittington Hospital, North London, as I had taken my daughter to see her Nanny.
I did some BLS training on Monday, then deteriorated badly. At one point I thought I was going to end up on the Obit thread.
But I'm improving, & they say I am due for release Friday.

For those in the know, when I was admitted my peak flow was 105, normally it's 550-600

I used to get really bad asthma for a time when I was younger. It can be really scary. Thankfully, it is much less strong these days.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#4 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,424 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:36 PM

Sorry about that Bleep. I'm very lucky, had quite a few bashes,  scrapes and stitches but never spent a night in hospital

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#5 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:49 PM

Get well soon Bleepy mate!

LUNEW.jpg

#6 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,873 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:21 PM

Never had asthma myself, but have several friends who suffered from it and have witnessed many pretty bad attacks. When someone gets a bad attack the effects are pretty scary. One guy I knew unfortunately died at just 50 from a severe attack. So you have my sympathises. Get well soon.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#7 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:29 PM

One guy I knew unfortunately died at just 50 from a severe attack. So you have my sympathises. Get well soon.

I'm 51, thanks!

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#8 timtum

timtum
  • Coach
  • 2,643 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:52 PM

Are you out and recovered Bleep?  Best wishes.

In the South of France and fancy a banger?
www.mistersaucisse.fr
"Fine sausages for the discerning customer"

#9 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:23 PM

Best wishes to you Bleep get well soon

#10 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,897 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:08 AM

Get well soon mate!

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#11 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,424 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:56 AM

I went out for a few drinks last night and had, for the first time ever, an allergic reaction to a pint of beer. My eyes started watering and my nose was streaming. The beer tasted really good and other people were drinking it, so I don't think it had gone off. I initially thought I was struck by a sudden cold and I stuck with it for half a pint before I realised what the probem was.

I was fearing the worst ... a lifelong allergy to real ale ... :ohmy:

but, fortunately, further experimenting proved successful.

Phew, what a relief.

:)

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#12 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:08 PM

When you spend time in hospital as a patient or family of a patient you see how good the NHS is. With exception of te food and drink available.

#13 guess who

guess who
  • Coach
  • 4,020 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:02 PM

As someone who has had to go to hospital with asthma attack. I feel for you. It really can be scary.
Hope your getting better.

#14 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:57 PM

I am out of hospital now and back at Chez Bleep. Although not feeling 100%. Monday night was the most scared I've ever been. At one point I really thought I was going to die, as the doctor who was looking after me had gone to the other side of the hospital, and no-one else was prepared to give me a nebuliser. My O2 sats had dropped below 80% and I wasn't shifting any air/oxygen at all. Eventually the doc came back, after being bleeped three time and answering on the 3rd attempt, and all she told me to do was try and breath slower, the only way that would have happened would've been in my death throws.

Just been out for a walk around the block, and I feel knackered. I'm on more pills than an Italian Bobsledder. Anti-biotics, steroids, anti-hypertensives, my usual stuff and now 3 inhalers..

Thank you to everyone who showed concern, I appreciate it.

Edited by Bleep1673, 23 February 2014 - 05:58 PM.

#15 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,273 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:34 PM

I worked in respiratory research for a number of years and I remember vividly a testimonial from a lady who came to give a talk on severe asthma, something which she had suffered from from a very young age. I had never really appreciated just how bad it could get, she could barely leave the house because of her symptoms.

I assume that you have a local asthma clinic who can offer support? Hope you feel better soon.

28m391z.jpg

#16 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:40 PM

We sometime take our health for granted until something strikes us down. Good luck Bleep on seeing this through and that it all ends well. My sister-in-law has a horrible cough most days down to asthma. 

Edited by Saint Billinge, 23 February 2014 - 11:41 PM.

#17 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:46 PM

Tim, I do have a local respiratory / asthma clinic, I AM being referred there by my GP, although appointments do take awhile to come through.
Feeling better today, had an uninterrupted nights sleep which helped. GP has put me on even more pills, a steroid and an antibiotic,, so I should be fighting fit by weekend.

Come on the Lions

#18 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,273 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:54 PM

Tim, I do have a local respiratory / asthma clinic, I AM being referred there by my GP, although appointments do take awhile to come through.
Feeling better today, had an uninterrupted nights sleep which helped. GP has put me on even more pills, a steroid and an antibiotic,, so I should be fighting fit by weekend.

Come on the Lions

That's good as no disrespect to your GP but often they are not as up to date with current treatments as they could be. There's been a lot of new therapies approved recently for respiratory conditions, in particular a lot of combination therapies that combine treatments to give prolonged and more effective alleviation of symptoms (up to 24hr bronchodilation from one inhalation - not 100% sure if these are licensed for asthma as a lot of them were originally licensed for COPD).

The Lions tour finished a few months back, we won........!!!

28m391z.jpg

#19 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:03 PM

Not those Lions, Swinton Lions, of course

#20 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,783 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:10 PM

Best wishes Bleep. Suffered from asthma when I was younger, and even though I only suffered the odd mild attack it can be quite terrifying and escalate quickly into something more dangerous.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.