RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Ref for Halifax Thomason merged threads

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,841 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:32 PM

To me it was so predictable. When it was 12-20 to Fax and the penalty count was 3-8 in their favour after 7 consecutive penalties to them, I said to my friend "You watch....The ref will even up the penalty count and Fev will get back into the game!". Lo and behold the count ended up at 8 each! I could have made a fortune on in-play betting!

But its no joke: last week at Dewsbury, Fev had a massive penalty advantage in the first half, and full credit to the Rams for keeping us out, but the penalties started going the other way in the second half. Was this genuine, or a subconscious attempt  to even up the penalty count?

What could happen this season is that heavily beaten sides might be allowed back in the game to even things up to such an extent that they snatch a bonus point, which could decide their league position and how much cash they get next year! 

we were saying the same, he will start to even up the penalty count and hopefully we will do something. penalties played a huge part on sunday.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#22 JCrabtree

JCrabtree
  • Players
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:53 PM

What could happen this season is that heavily beaten sides might be allowed back in the game to even things up to such an extent that they snatch a bonus point, which could decide their league position and how much cash they get next year!

All the more important with more relegation spots. That bonus point against one of the bigger clubs their competitors for survival fail to get could make all the difference. A few may be crossing their fingers for certain referees.

#23 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 4,986 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:00 PM

Matt Thomason as been rewarded with officiating the Wigan V Wakefield game this weekend
Im Fev and im proud

#24 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:18 PM

I guess that is punishment from what I have seen of those two teams this season. Might be a bit slower for him. Relegation battle lol.

Edited by lingard, 25 February 2014 - 07:18 PM.

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#25 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Players
  • 99 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:12 PM

There is far too much interference by the refs in this country, stopping and starting play. This is one of the reasons why we will never compete against the Aussies. Their game has hardly any stoppages and the intensity remains high because of this. We stop start all game by the continually interfering of the referees.

If the refs had the b***s to penalise a regular offender, ie; holding down, high tackles etc using a yellow or a red, it would send a warning out and would result in a faster flowing game. The refs are frightened to death of the sponsors, their gaffers and the clubs. Red and yellows are now like rocking horse muck.

Edited by saddleworth, 26 February 2014 - 04:13 PM.

#26 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Players
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:20 PM

Sin binned someone in first half didn't he? I must admit the Ref wasn't too cracking but neither were Rovers. Comparing with our pre-season friendlies, we look fairly clueless. I hope it's to do with poor officiating because I think teams like Leigh and Sheffield will go to town on us. I was going to say that we need time to gel as a team, however, like I said from the pre-season friendlies, what's to gel?

Edited by ROVERS FOREVER, 26 February 2014 - 07:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users