• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 richie keay

richie keay

Tipping Comp Winner

• Coach
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:54 PM

Well after last weeks disappointment it's very important that Barrow try and get a bonus point from this match. Selection should again be very interesting.

Ryan Shaw has to come into the 17 after missing out last week as will Matty Palmer and Jamie Butler because Briscoe and Bullock are both inelligible due to the Haggerty loan deal with Leigh.

Barrow from.

Backhouse

Brookes

Butler

Campbell

Dawson

Grant

Harrison

Jones

Low

Marwood

Morrison

Mort

Mossop

Nixon

Palmer

Shaw

Toal

Speakman

Turner

Wiper

Posted Image

#2 ian c

ian c
  • Players
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:54 PM

Leigh 30 Barrow 4 half time.

#3 ian c

ian c
  • Players
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:40 PM

Full time Barrow 8 Leigh 52.

#4 RAIDERSRUS

RAIDERSRUS
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:55 PM

Good job the weather levelled things out !

#5 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:07 PM

I reckon Leigh will thrash somebody this season......
Sorry, I'll get my coat.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#6 JC3

JC3
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:10 PM

Brierley destroyed us

#7 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:44 PM

shows the gulf in class between the have's and have not's in this league.

At least the lads never gave up and gave 100% ... but we are in for one hell of a long hard season and we need to improve and very quickly

At least the teams we are battling against got nothing today either

Edited by morty, 23 February 2014 - 04:46 PM.

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#8 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,719 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:57 PM

Guys, keep yer peckers up. You know the games you have to win and with the Leigh lads back in you will have every chance, We are a little bit special this year and hopefully will get better on the dry tracks. Keep the faith.

#9 mjc

mjc
  • Coach
  • 305 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:59 PM

Brierley destroyed us

They all destroyed us ! , In my opinion defensively we just didn't turn up don't get me wrong I was never under the illusion that we would win but I thought bonus point was do'able if we defended well an took the game to them,  sadly it was a bad day at the office and 1 to forget  we've just got to get behind the lads for next week and hope things get betta asap which I'm sure it will .

#10 RAIDERSRUS

RAIDERSRUS
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:01 PM

I never went to the game due to being on nights but my dad did. He simply said Barrow weren't good enough, plenty of effort but not good enough. A long hard season awaits, will be really hard to stay out of that bottom 5.

#11 mjc

mjc
  • Coach
  • 305 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:07 PM

I never went to the game due to being on nights but my dad did. He simply said Barrow weren't good enough, plenty of effort but not good enough. A long hard season awaits, will be really hard to stay out of that bottom 5.

It wiil mate but just got take as many points off the teams that are in the same position as us and hope its enough , fingers crossed it is

#12 JC3

JC3
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:08 PM

They all destroyed us ! , In my opinion defensively we just didn't turn up don't get me wrong I was never under the illusion that we would win but I thought bonus point was do'able if we defended well an took the game to them,  sadly it was a bad day at the office and 1 to forget  we've just got to get behind the lads for next week and hope things get betta asap which I'm sure it will .

True, dominated from 1 to 80. Thought Brierley was the main creator though. Can't believe 3 or 4 times he got away with running straight along the line and through a gap.

#13 Raider94

Raider94
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:28 PM

Unfortunately the games dont get any easier in this league, away to sheffield next weekend if we dont sharpen up in defence we will be on the wrong end of another pasting.

Tom Heighton

#14 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:49 PM

Unfortunately the games dont get any easier in this league, away to sheffield next weekend if we dont sharpen up in defence we will be on the wrong end of another pasting.

They will get easier today was probably the toughest test we will have all season at home

#15 richie keay

richie keay

Tipping Comp Winner

• Coach
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:02 PM

Well the defence that was rock solid in the 3 friendlies was totally ripped to shreds today by a brilliant Leigh team today, The performance by the Leigh scrum half Brierley was as good as I've seen from any player at this level for many years, he certainly has a blistering turn of pace and eye for a gap as his 5 tries demonstrated. Thought the 2 players that stood out last week, were players that shone again today; Harrison and Dawson. Nice to see Turner given a chance and repay the coach with 2 tries, but overall we have a lot of work to do if we are going to stay out of the bottom 5, another very difficult trip to Sheffield looms next week, followed by an absolutely vital home game against Town the week after.

Edited by richie keay, 23 February 2014 - 06:05 PM.

Posted Image

#16 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:47 PM

a well drilled leigh side today came up against an average barrow side imo. they looked like scoring on every play when in the last ten metres. not taking anything away from leigh but barrow can and have played better than what happened today in the last four games. they scored on errors made by us and we made it easy for them by not having any line speed at play ball. they managed to get the ball out quicker and we just got nailed on first man on too many plays. didn't expect a win today but players will have to pick themselves up and put a few wrongs right and im sure the win will come.

#17 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 316 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:58 PM

Bigger boys came!

#18 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:28 PM

It's been said that the strugglers all fell today. I agree Barrow were joined by Workington, Rochdale ,Keighley & Swinton. Had Haven played I think they would have failed. That's 6 teams of which 5 will go down. It's going to be a real dogfight.

Posted Image

#19 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,968 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:08 PM

With most of the 6 likely to lose home and away to the top 6 clubs it will come down to the mini-league of these 6 and the other 2 clubs.    Last year 15 losses was enough to secure 8th and 9th place and bonus points separated those two clubs, both had 11 wins but Town had 6 bonus points in 8th whilst Haven had 4 bonus points in 9th.    So, I would imagine if a team could keep their losses to no more than 15 and pick up a number of bonus points they should be safe.   If only it was that simple, eh!!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#20 Red Stripe

Red Stripe
  • Coach
  • 993 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:02 AM

I must have been watching a different game to some other people as I thought Harrison had a very poor game in defence with at least 3 of their tries being scored as a direct result of his missed tackles.

Mike Liversedge

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Match Day Thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users