Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Jam v Nwc

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 Coachman

Coachman
  • Banned
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:02 AM

Match off.
Not the great playing surface some would have us believe!

#2 Bearintown

Bearintown
  • Coach
  • 288 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:05 AM

What goes around comes around- and bites you on the ass lol

#3 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:10 AM

Oh dear. Karmas a ##### ain't it.

And the hypocrisy chief Bkm is desperately defending the decision which is strange given his take on our postponed match. The man (well, in body only) has no shame.

Edited by dkw, 23 February 2014 - 10:13 AM.

#4 ChunkyOnion

ChunkyOnion
  • Coach
  • 117 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:34 AM

Ha ha ha haven.....and poor Haven 94 has missed out on recruiting more for his minibus tour next week, he might have to hire a tandem

Edited by ChunkyOnion, 23 February 2014 - 01:44 PM.

Surf dudes with attitudes, (Kinda groovy), Laid back moods. Sky above, sand below (Good vibrations), Feelin' mellow. Won't give it up, Don't wanna stop....Don't wake me up, Don't wake me up if I'm dreamin', California dreams, Just let me lay here in the sun, Until my dream is done

#5 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:32 PM

Had to laugh when the reason for the postponement is the depth of the mud on the pitch. Kin hell it must be deep to be classed as dangerous to the players!!
How ironic after all the abuse thrown about over the DP surface. No doubt H4E will be ranting that it is a completely different kind of mud and we are all naughty boys on this site!
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#6 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:34 AM

Jampot fans arguing with each other over the postponement. Calling each other keyboard warriors. Big question is when will they ever see a game of rugby on that fantastic playing surface. #karma

#7 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:55 AM

Big falling out over this isn't there, probably because of the shame and embarrassment.

#8 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:22 AM

And they have even come up with a conspiracy theory now saying it was called off by match commissioner who just happens to be from Allerdale and that the pitch was perfectly safe to play on.....

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#9 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:30 PM

Ha Ha. Its fair to say that the match commisioner, who is from Allerdale but whos dad played professional rugby league for Whitehaven, who called the game is of the old school and would not call the game off unless it was a drastic state of affairs so the field at the recre must have been terrible yesterday!!

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#10 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:44 PM

Maybe there worried as with that fixture postponed its the end of March before there next winnable fixture!

#11 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,709 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:01 PM

Maybe there worried as with that fixture postponed its the end of March before there next winnable fixture!

Not quite, as they might get a home draw in the Challenge Cup draw tonight.   Unless they get one of the two byes for Championship clubs.

Edited by Keith T, 24 February 2014 - 01:08 PM.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#12 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:09 PM

League fixtures is what I meant Keith they could go 5 games without a win and then the pressure is really on them

#13 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:29 PM

Yeah theit next scheduled home game is 23rd march and thats halifax after visits to leigh and inform dewsbury and thats only if the rec is playable. So with a string of defeats and no income some of them need to focus on themselves instead gloating about towns score yestetday.

#14 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:32 PM

This could be a black year for Cumbrian rugby league if early signs are anything . We're all looking for a lift and a kickstart

#15 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,709 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:59 PM

The league is going to be split in to 3 sections this season.   The top 4 (Leigh, Fev, Sheffield & Halifax) a middle 4 (Batley, Dewsbury, Doncaster & NW Crusaders) and the bottom 6 (Town, Haven, Barrow, Swinton, Keighley, & Rochdale),    We finished 8th last season after 15 defeats as did Haven in 9th but we picked up 2 more bonus points than them.   If we assume that the bottom 6 will lose home and away to the top 4, that's 8 of the 15 defeats, so it's what we do against the bottom 6 and the middle 4 that will decide our finishing place.   Bonus points are more important this season than any season previous, not only must we try to gain them but also try to prevent clubs in our group from getting one against us. 

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#16 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 03:09 PM

Our first 6 games , and 7 out of the first 8 ( the other is Sheffield at home which if we were ' at it ' could give us something ) are against teams all outside the elite 4 - that's why we were saying the first couple of months was crucial . Get a good start as it only gets harder on the fixture list . We've lost two to the ' non elite ' , one of which is understandable but the other disastrous . Losing three on the spin and two at home is totally and utterly disastrous. ... Should that be fatal ?

Edited by DavidM, 24 February 2014 - 03:09 PM.

#17 Recre Rooster

Recre Rooster
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:34 PM

You need to worry about where your own team' s win is going to come from before you worry about 'Haven young Mr Gilmour

#18 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,242 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:42 PM

Let's be honest all 3 Cumbrian sides are in huge danger this year.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#19 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 532 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:48 PM

we sure are marra but it wouldn,t be the end of the world going down after all its gonna be 2 up 2 down when the split happens if we both make the top 9 this season we would probably both be odds on to get relegated right away anyway unless we massively improved our squads 

#20 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,709 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:10 PM

we sure are marra but it wouldn,t be the end of the world going down after all its gonna be 2 up 2 down when the split happens if we both make the top 9 this season we would probably both be odds on to get relegated right away anyway unless we massively improved our squads 

It's all about money donald and what you can get with say, £200k or what you can get with £75k.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users