• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 792 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:26 AM

From League Weekly 17th Feb 2014:

"Oldham have allayed fears over a supposed winding up order against the club.

An article in the London Gazette last week stated the club was subject to a petition from Her Majestys Revenue and Customs to be heard on March 10th 2014

But chairman Chris Hamilton said "Its wrong and it contains figures that are inaccurate and were also dealt with by the petition we paid in October.

We are disappointed this has been advertised because we had been in touch with HMRC to point that out."

Now, admittedly we can't say HMRC never makes mistakes, but, rare for them to make mistakes when they have gone that far down the process as to be issuing petitions.

If it is incorrect as CH states, why not let them take you to court, be found "No case to answer" and then sue the ass off HMRC for defamation.

Only asking, before you start the vitriol.

Kind Regards

The Baron

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

#2 herbie

herbie
  • Coach
  • 249 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:12 AM

Why are you asking? Would have thought you would be too busy looking forward to your clubs very brief stay in the big league to be worrying about small clubs like ours.

#3 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 792 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:15 PM

Why are you asking? Would have thought you would be too busy looking forward to your clubs very brief stay in the big league to be worrying about small clubs like ours.

You see Herbie, that reply is just typical. If you look back over my posts, apart from the occasional bit of banter, I have said on many occasions how I want ORLFC to survive. You really know how to foster and encourage friendship.

Ok, I won't bother about you lot again, just let you wallow in the mire of Sh*tebank. I will stick to looking forward to my clubs "brief stay" in the big league. You keep looking forward to ever getting there. Bridesmaid comes to mind.

Bye Bye.

#4 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:43 PM

you are a league below the big league sunshine....

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#5 DaveButt

DaveButt
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:59 PM

Yea but a league ABOVE you my mucker.

#6 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:07 PM

yeah...for like the first time EVER cupcake

Edited by roughyedspud, 23 February 2014 - 01:11 PM.

OLDHAM RLFC

#7 herbie

herbie
  • Coach
  • 249 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 01:57 PM

You see Herbie, that reply is just typical. If you look back over my posts, apart from the occasional bit of banter, I have said on many occasions how I want ORLFC to survive. You really know how to foster and encourage friendship.

Ok, I won't bother about you lot again, just let you wallow in the mire of Sh*tebank. I will stick to looking forward to my clubs "brief stay" in the big league. You keep looking forward to ever getting there. Bridesmaid comes to mind.

Bye Bye.

Sounds like a plan.

#8 lalar

lalar
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:16 PM

What's with all the jealousy over rochdale? When it came down to it, they beat us fare and square to rightfully gain promotion. I guess it's to do with local rivalry, but given the state of our ground and the ###### we are in, saddleworth and St Anne's are nearer to our level than hornets. Bitterness never gets you anywhere. I actually hope they have a good season and stay up.

#9 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:42 PM

Go and watch Hairnets then, see if you can spread negativity across the whole of RL. I actually went to the final and personally congratulated some Hornets fans on their deserved victory, bitter no, do i like them no, i always look forward to the derby its my favourite game of the season because of the rivalry and banter. St Annes and Saddleworth at our level, you obviously watch lots of RL ;) apart from the odd cup shock no Conference or amateur team could compete over a full season even in Champ 1. I hope they stay up if we get promoted lol, bring back the Derby! :)

#10 lalar

lalar
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:40 PM

Spreading negativity? Like everything is so hunky dory in our camp isn't it. The guy came on here and asked a serious question, the replies he got imo were just bitter jealousy. It's about time some of the rose tinted brigade realised the state of our club, yes the product on the pitch is entertaining but that doesn't disguise the fact that we are in a mess.

Edited by lalar, 23 February 2014 - 04:44 PM.

#11 lalar

lalar
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:49 PM

Let's concentrate our efforts on taking orlfc forward rather than attacking other teams fans. Hopefully the fans membership scheme will gather momentum these coming weeks. Has anyone been in contact with the man himself yet?

#12 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 792 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:59 AM

you are a league below the big league sunshine....

Herbie's terminology, not mine.

#13 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:03 AM

To be honest Baron, the point you made was very valid, as i said on the other thread, all these questions need answering from our esteemed leader. Until the truth comes out we are chasing shadows and going round in circles. Its up to CH to put the record straight on all the points thathave been raised on the recent threads, as i say i wont hold my breath, hope you have a good season, enjoy it and maybe next season hostilities will be resumed no matter which league we are both in.

#14 herbie

herbie
  • Coach
  • 249 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:02 PM

Why would anyone be bitter or jealous of Hornets? Well to be honest I am jealous of one thing,their stadium! What makes it even worse is if we were playing out of a similar ground in Oldham we would be in Super League!  Well we would be if Terry Flanagan replaced the current waste of space!

#15 ruffyed

ruffyed
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:53 PM

Have they got a stadium or are they relying on the goodwill of the stadium company to keep playing at Spotland ... thought that they lost their share of Spotland when the previous owners went bump .

#16 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:02 AM

their share got bought by the RFL iirc

OLDHAM RLFC

#17 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 792 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:57 AM

To be honest Baron, the point you made was very valid, as i said on the other thread, all these questions need answering from our esteemed leader. Until the truth comes out we are chasing shadows and going round in circles. Its up to CH to put the record straight on all the points thathave been raised on the recent threads, as i say i wont hold my breath, hope you have a good season, enjoy it and maybe next season hostilities will be resumed no matter which league we are both in.

Thanks for the reply Roughyed34, despite the vitriol from some members of your forum, I DO wish Oldham all the best for the forthcoming season, and hope at some point hostilities can be resumed. Have a good season mate.

Kind Regards 

The Baron

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users