• 251 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:35 PM

I think we better start Fracking.

#302 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,149 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:12 PM

I don't think we are hearing the truth from any "side" in this. Just don't trust any of 'em. Anyway, it's a done deal. 

#303 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,034 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:24 PM

I think we better start Fracking.

This could well be a very nice effect for the British government. A few months with limited hrs of gas supply would do wonders for frackings PR.

#304 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,826 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:29 PM

I think we do far more consultancy than arms deals these days with the former Warsaw Pact countries that aren't in NATO.  Technically, we're not selling them any arms but we're giving them the expertise and knowledge to do more than enough.

The big point that's being avoided is where the line in the sand is that cannot be crossed before we intervene in ways other than "we're not selling you stuff any more".  I have no clue about that, would we sit back and let Ukraine be swallowed up by Russia on a very vague pretext of "defending ethnic Russians"?

That expertise and knowledge has firmly been turned off... won't be seeing any 'fancy' Russian uniforms on these shores for a while...

As for the line in the sand, no idea; one thing is certain, relationships between the West, Russia and other nations around the world will have really soured on the back of Crimea's annexation today; big changes are afoot...!

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#305 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,673 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:45 PM

It's been reported that one Ukrainian military officer has been shot dead and one wounded, while other soldiers have been taken away. 

Edited by Saint Billinge, 18 March 2014 - 07:46 PM.

#306 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,826 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:11 PM

This crisis has opened up a huge chasm between Russia and the rest of the world (bar a small number of locations like Serbia and Armenia); not heard rhetoric like this in a long time and the Europeans beginning to turn away from Russia as a reliable partner. Interestingly reading in between the lines, it is pretty clear on the UN Secretary General's thoughts on the issue. I wonder what the future will hold...?

Edited by GeordieSaint, 21 March 2014 - 04:12 PM.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#307 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,178 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:11 PM

I am just trying to draft a notification to my Russian team members in the Moscow office to let them know that the project we are working on (sponsored by a US client) may get pulled if the US pushes forward with wider ranging sanctions.

These Russian folk are not the easiest to deal with at the best of times and telling them it's business as normal but if their beloved leader continues with his invasion of Ukraine we may have to revisit this, is not the easiest thing to convey without coming across as a bit blunt.

I am tempted to ask the Ukrainian team members to break the news to them....but they are currently not talking to each other.

28m391z.jpg

#308 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,826 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:21 AM

These Russian folk are not the easiest to deal with at the best of times and telling them it's business as normal but if their beloved leader continues with his invasion of Ukraine we may have to revisit this, is not the easiest thing to convey without coming across as a bit blunt.

Did anything come of this?

This crisis has escalated dramatically over the last week or so...

#309 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,929 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:46 AM

Full scale invasion?

http://edition.cnn.c...isis/index.html

Fides invicta triumphat

#310 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,290 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:57 AM

Its not an Invasion.... they were just lost.... no wait they were just on holiday....

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#311 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,178 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:58 AM

Did anything come of this?

This crisis has escalated dramatically over the last week or so...

No decision made so far, the US company who is paying for the work has stopped talking about Russia in meetings and as far as I know there are no US government led directives to stop work in the country. If we lost Russia from the project it would be a big hit and timelines delayed massively.

28m391z.jpg

#312 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,220 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:11 AM

Russia will take Eastern Ukraine and possibly divert its gas pipeline through it. The rest of Ukraine will dump itself on the  EU, which will have to fund its continuing corrupt economy.

The French and Germans will keep their beneficial commercial agreements with Russia and, as usual, snigger about the lot of poor old Britain.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#313 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,872 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:05 PM

Its not an Invasion.... they were just lost.... no wait they were just on holiday....

Heard that reason, one can only presume it didn't translate well!  Either that or Russian PR need to learn the art of saying less not more!

#314 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,078 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:00 AM

No decision made so far, the US company who is paying for the work has stopped talking about Russia in meetings and as far as I know there are no US government led directives to stop work in the country. If we lost Russia from the project it would be a big hit and timelines delayed massively.

When you say that, you really mean you might have to get a smaller tea trolley and sweeping brush don't you?
;)

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#315 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,220 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:28 AM

The city of Donetsk was founded by a Welshman (I hadn't known this).

http://www.walesonli...ukraine-6289244

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#316 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,178 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:05 AM

When you say that, you really mean you might have to get a smaller tea trolley and sweeping brush don't you?
;)

Over $55million being spent on this one project. Expensive tea and brush.

We really do need those Russians to start playing nicely as this could get quite problematic.

28m391z.jpg

#317 mickhornet

mickhornet
  • Coach
  • 422 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:38 AM

Israel has just sequestered a 1000 hectares of Palestinian land in the occupied West Bank for further settle ments

No talk of sanctions there over a patent land grab.Double standards.

#318 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:31 PM

Israel has just sequestered a 1000 hectares of Palestinian land in the occupied West Bank for further settle ments
No talk of sanctions there over a patent land grab.Double standards.

Quite the opposite really! Israel will be rewarded with yet more military aid and political support from the US and no doubt the spineless UK and other EU governments will say nothing and look the other way.

#319 mickhornet

mickhornet
  • Coach
  • 422 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:33 PM

Quite the opposite really! Israel will be rewarded with yet more military aid and political support from the US and no doubt the spineless UK and other EU governments will say nothing and look the other way.

Quite so, Israel is untouchable. Its all about the nasty Russians. Gaza completely forgotten, the people left to their misery.

I wouldnt advise taking on the Russians,Mr Rasmussen is in cloud cuckoo land.It wont be long before the chocolate king is sacked.There was a demo in the Maidan against a Ukrainian General who left his troops

to die.

We should stay well out of it.

#320 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:40 PM

Quite so, Israel is untouchable. Its all about the nasty Russians. Gaza completely forgotten, the people left to their misery.
I wouldnt advise taking on the Russians,Mr Rasmussen is in cloud cuckoo land.It wont be long before the chocolate king is sacked.There was a demo in the Maidan against a Ukrainian General who left his troops
to die.
We should stay well out of it.

Totally agree! Ukraine will turnout to be another foreign policy blunder just like Afghanistan in the late 70's and all throughout the 80's and again in the 2000's alongside Iraq, Libya and Syria. We should keep our big noses out as like you say the Russian won't be pushed about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users