Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Ukraine

• Please log in to reply
306 replies to this topic

#301 HOLYMOLY

HOLYMOLY
  • Coach
  • 228 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:35 PM

I think we better start Fracking.

#302 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,653 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:12 PM

I don't think we are hearing the truth from any "side" in this. Just don't trust any of 'em. Anyway, it's a done deal. 

#303 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:24 PM

I think we better start Fracking.

This could well be a very nice effect for the British government. A few months with limited hrs of gas supply would do wonders for frackings PR.

#304 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,694 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:29 PM

I think we do far more consultancy than arms deals these days with the former Warsaw Pact countries that aren't in NATO.  Technically, we're not selling them any arms but we're giving them the expertise and knowledge to do more than enough.

The big point that's being avoided is where the line in the sand is that cannot be crossed before we intervene in ways other than "we're not selling you stuff any more".  I have no clue about that, would we sit back and let Ukraine be swallowed up by Russia on a very vague pretext of "defending ethnic Russians"?

That expertise and knowledge has firmly been turned off... won't be seeing any 'fancy' Russian uniforms on these shores for a while...

As for the line in the sand, no idea; one thing is certain, relationships between the West, Russia and other nations around the world will have really soured on the back of Crimea's annexation today; big changes are afoot...!

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#305 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:45 PM

It's been reported that one Ukrainian military officer has been shot dead and one wounded, while other soldiers have been taken away. 

Edited by Saint Billinge, 18 March 2014 - 07:46 PM.

visit www.raygent.co.uk for football and rugby league stories. 

#306 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,694 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 04:11 PM

This crisis has opened up a huge chasm between Russia and the rest of the world (bar a small number of locations like Serbia and Armenia); not heard rhetoric like this in a long time and the Europeans beginning to turn away from Russia as a reliable partner. Interestingly reading in between the lines, it is pretty clear on the UN Secretary General's thoughts on the issue. I wonder what the future will hold...?

Edited by GeordieSaint, 21 March 2014 - 04:12 PM.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#307 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 6,887 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:11 PM

I am just trying to draft a notification to my Russian team members in the Moscow office to let them know that the project we are working on (sponsored by a US client) may get pulled if the US pushes forward with wider ranging sanctions.

These Russian folk are not the easiest to deal with at the best of times and telling them it's business as normal but if their beloved leader continues with his invasion of Ukraine we may have to revisit this, is not the easiest thing to convey without coming across as a bit blunt.

I am tempted to ask the Ukrainian team members to break the news to them....but they are currently not talking to each other.

28m391z.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users