Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Fax Today

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:42 PM

Sorry will use one thread

Edited by jt, 23 February 2014 - 05:45 PM.

#2 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:45 PM

Well a win is a win but not great viewing

Aside from a 15 minute spell at start of game and at end of game we were average at best, but we dug in and got the result

Thought Cording stood out today, but was baffled by some of the descisions by JB today with the forwards - our best two last week in Bossy and James started off the bench and only got about 10 minutes game time which was suprising

Like last week, we appear to be missing that little spark that a Kain or Briggs or even Etu might bring to the team but these three are not far off and maybe all 3 may start next week against the Crusaders

#3 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:57 PM

Thought we were lucky today to get the win but we needed the 3 points and we got them

Hope after 2 games the coach can see we have problems at half back and are no where near as good as last season

Have to agree with your comments regarding the forwards

When is Briggs and Kain back we need them and we also need a organiser to replace Finn because on the showings so far it is something we lack on the field

#4 Rarefrith

Rarefrith
  • Coach
  • 548 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:46 PM

Little amount of positives today aside from the win, not impressed with us so far in the first two games. Both Fev and Fax looked levels below their standards of the last four or five years today. Uaisele, Briggs/Kain, Hardman have to come back in at the first opportuniny. Saxton wouldtill play most weeks for me also. Not surewhat our pattern of play is so far. Last week I thought we were dumb and unadventurous, this week were went wide to early with barely any deception, decoy runners or drawing of a man before passing. I don't think the forwards did enough tough stuff, James and Bostock should have had far more game time.

I'm not having Bussey at 6, its ridiculous. That was the worst Fev Fax game for years standard wise. We need to improve massively.

Still have huge doubts about Bastian and still don't agree with his appointment, hopefully I will eat my words as the season goes on.

#5 GARY....S

GARY....S
  • Coach
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:57 PM

Absolutley baffled by mr Bastions substitutions today

"somebody pinch me I must be dreaming"

" TK ROVERS TO THE MAXX "

Posted Image

#6 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,953 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:46 PM

Still have huge doubts about Bastian and still don't agree with his appointment, hopefully I will eat my words as the season goes on.

wouldn't be the first time Liam! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#7 Rarefrith

Rarefrith
  • Coach
  • 548 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:05 PM

wouldn't be the first time Liam! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ha ha, you happy with what you've seen first two games?

#8 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 709 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:08 PM

Nowt like expecting everything to happen straight away is there , new coaching staff new players , get a reality check for god sake getting worse than man u fans

#9 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,953 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:13 PM

Ha ha, you happy with what you've seen first two games?

I'll judge at the end of the season when I have far more info, we have key personnel available and new players have got used to each other.
We'll be reight.
Ï

#10 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,953 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:14 PM

Nowt like expecting everything to happen straight away is there , new coaching staff new players , get a reality check for god sake getting worse than man u fans

couldn't agree more Glyn

#11 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 709 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:24 PM

Why moan now , theres a lot of experimenting and tinkering to be done with a new coaching team, and a largely new strong looking squad ,,before we hopefully click when it matters , so get used to it not being perfect just yet . An i thought i had no patience Robin

Edited by dydo, 23 February 2014 - 08:27 PM.

#12 Rarefrith

Rarefrith
  • Coach
  • 548 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:42 PM

I'll judge at the end of the season when I have far more info, we have key personnel available and new players have got used to each other.
We'll be reight.
Ï

We shall see....

#13 bigjohn

bigjohn
  • Coach
  • 975 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:42 PM

In need of someone to lead us around the pitch because we looked like a ship without a rudder today, Finn would have had a field day today against that Fax side, our kicking game was very poor at best..

#14 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:43 PM

I understand what people are saying but when you bring players in to replace the players you had they should be an improvement or else there's no point in changing and from the friendlies it looked like they had gelled to me My worry is if we are to achieve our goal at the end of 2015 can we afford to not get in the top 2 this season

Edited by jt, 23 February 2014 - 08:44 PM.

#15 Rarefrith

Rarefrith
  • Coach
  • 548 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:43 PM

Thanks

#16 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 709 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:46 PM

Youre welcome , as for wel see to Robin , its almost as if you want us to fail in order to prove a point

#17 Rarefrith

Rarefrith
  • Coach
  • 548 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:49 PM

Youre welcome , as for wel see to Robin , its almost as if you want us to fail in order to prove a point

No, I don't think we have as good a coach as we've had or as good a scrum half. Huge losses, that will see us just step down a level from where we have been. Hardman, Uaisele, Kain/Briggs will make an improvement though no doubt.

#18 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 709 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:56 PM

No doubt they will help WHEN their ready as for departed coach an scrum half , they hardly set the big match scene on fire did they with a lot of people who are moaning now quick to state how stale we looked in finals an how Finn was un noticable and predictable in them .

#19 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 309 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:56 PM

I agree...I stopped coming on here for 18 months because of some of the absolute tripe some fans posted on here....I am again losing the will to live. If people think that making lots of changes for the next game will bring immediate success they are delusional. There has been two extremely tough games and that team today were up against a tough side, some extremely one sided refereeing and they showed great character and grit to win that game. The coach like his decisions or loathe them will not be making wholesale changes next week. I think that he will tinker slightly as in theory we have a few supposedly easier games coming up in the next few weeks. Briggs and Kain are supposedly playing for the reserves in midweek, so highly unlikely either will play next week
I personally wanted hardman back in the side but how can he drop mendieka ? Etu Euisele isnt here to sit in the stands but surely he will play next week...but I thought helliwell was very good today.......

#20 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 709 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:59 PM

Well said , should make em all go on a level 3 coaching course thatl reighten em

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users