Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Fax Today

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:03 PM

No, I don't think we have as good a coach as we've had or as good a scrum half. Huge losses, that will see us just step down a level from where we have been. Hardman, Uaisele, Kain/Briggs will make an improvement though no doubt.

Mendeika was preferred to Hardman, and I can't see him losing his place after today's performance. Briggs 6, Kain 9 off the bench for me if they can recapture old form, but who will Etu replace, Hellewell or Chisholm?

#22 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:09 PM

based on today you would expect Euisele to feature on the wing in place of chisolm....if I was a gambling man.

#23 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 702 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:25 PM

Weve a nice few options this season with a strong squad , hopefully it will pay dividends after a long season as we shouldnt have to put players in with knocks who arnt 100% and keep key players fresher and fully fit

#24 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 209 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:34 PM

Gelling or whatever it may be called,is not producing the sparkle in the halves as we had last season. We are dealing with seasoned pros and they should know all the moves. The Fax half backs for a period in the second half, ran us ragged. Slick and fast movement. We never scoot and make yards from the ruck and our old failure of poor in field kicking is once again pretty obvious. 

Why wasnt Bossy given more game time. Adapting these tactics  is an utter waste of time having the lad on the bench. I have been one of his critics in the past, but I thought that he had a barnstormer today taking into account his length of time on the field. 

The rotation of the subs in the second half smelled slightly of desperation to me.

#25 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:43 PM

We looked ordinary when Ellis wasn't on the field, and perked up when he returned in the 2nd half. If Briggs returns as anything like his former self Kain could end up as interchange hooker.

#26 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:12 AM

i think when Kain has played there in previous seasons he has been a real threat....I think you could be right that may be where he initially slots in on his return, although I cant see that happening next week if they are playing in midweek for the reserves

#27 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:12 AM

Fax fans saying Fev are full time, pretty sure that isnt the case, seen Keegan Hirst going to work last week in Batley !!!!

#28 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:19 AM

Fax fans saying Fev are full time, pretty sure that isnt the case, seen Keegan Hirst going to work last week in Batley !!!!

30+ players ft with a £400k salary cap? Pay must be pretty poor! A few players are employed by the club in the community dept. The rest are all pt.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#29 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:25 AM

i think when Kain has played there in previous seasons he has been a real threat....I think you could be right that may be where he initially slots in on his return, although I cant see that happening next week if they are playing in midweek for the reserves

North Wales are an unknown quantity, especially with their game being called off yesterday. The week after against Rochdale may be a better bet, and we have the CC in a few weeks time, probably against an amateur club, which would be ideal to rotate things a bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users