TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Sheffield

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:07 PM

Proud in defeat today
I think we deserved at least a bonus point
My m o m would be James Brown
Watson again was outstanding as was Penny
I think Nanyn had one of his best games for a while too.

#2 MiBoy

MiBoy
  • Players
  • 91 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:45 PM

Excellent performance today from 1to 17. Should have come away with at least a bonus point and if it hadn't been for the poor performance of the officials we would have done!!
Very encouraging and we will only get better and good to see the team have some fight and passion within it.

#3 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 386 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:49 PM

I agree, worth at least a bonus point - I though Cooper's tackling was tremendous, some poor decisions from the ref today. I think as the season goes on the team can only get better, Sheffield had to work really hard today and considering that the Swinton squad has had little or no game time before the season proper, they competed really well today.

#4 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 947 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:26 PM

Turkey was his usual poor self, poor vision and a little 1 eyed if you ask me!
I think we were robbed by the weather. 1st half into a strong wind with driving rain at times and we come in at half time with a small lead after expending a lot of energy. 2nd half the wind drops off and no rain!

Bonus point would be a fair result and some big games previously mentioned from some players.

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#5 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:36 PM

Also felt the performance deserved a bonus point. The last try following an opportunity to bring the ball clear was a kick I'm the teeth to be sure (and the referee played his part). Most impressive this season (so far) has been our ability to stay in the game and not crumble when conceding. We have played two teams now who will be in the mix at the top and stuck in there.

James Brown for me brought great energy from the bench and a lot of fight when it was needed. Whilst brambanis goal kicking was excellent we restricted a very good team to tries out wide which again showed great promise.

Enjoyed the game, enjoyed the effort and thought Andy Ackers looked very useful running from the play the ball. something which I think will develop.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#6 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:42 PM

Lets hope Mr Smith lets us keep his three players for a few weeks too !!

#7 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:00 PM

Forgot to mention Jordan burkes sublime break leading to james browns try
Looks like he should be at stand off to me

#8 mike the lion

mike the lion
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:25 PM

I agree Mark.Jordan Burke seems to me to be waisted at full back but the again I believe he prefers full back 

#9 mickburkes boots

mickburkes boots
  • Coach
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:43 PM

Thought well deserved 1 point today great first half by the lions, Eagles upped the pace in the second half and a couple of penalties and awful refereeing decisions cost us dear there goal kicking was the suckered blow great effort frombthe players today

Edited by mickburkes boots, 23 February 2014 - 08:43 PM.

#10 mickburkes boots

mickburkes boots
  • Coach
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:45 PM

Thought well deserved 1 point today great first half by the lions, Eagles upped the pace in the second half and a couple of penalties and awful refereeing decisions cost us dear there goal kicking was the sucker blow today great effort from the players today though

Edited by mickburkes boots, 23 February 2014 - 08:47 PM.

#11 Eagletarian

Eagletarian
  • Coach
  • 4,595 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:58 PM

Yes, I thought you deserved a losing bonus point today, Penny had hard luck just at the end of the game.....I think you will only get better as the season progresses, you seem to have thrown a good team, with lots of skill and spirit together.....Good Luck

Rugby League should be the opiate of the people (Marks not in Las Palmas)

Posted Image

#12 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:47 PM

I fear if Kevin keeps it up Mr Smith will take him back

#13 greengrass

greengrass
  • Coach
  • 205 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:36 PM

I thought the team played really well yesterday and improved from the Halifax game, we have played 2 teams who will be in the mix and we have give them both a good game.  We look like a team who is managed by Watto, we are organised well drilled and looks like there is good atmosphere in camp. 

I wanted Watto in charge of the team and got my wish and even though we have not won yet things look like they are heading in the right direction, I think we will get our first win on Sunday at Workington.

I am very impressed with Ackers at 9, he looks like a live wire from the ruck area and always using runners. As I am impressed with all the players who Watto as signed this season.

#14 Peewagg

Peewagg
  • Players
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:54 AM

Can't believe the amount of big hitting tackling made by our boys, especially by Jack Cooper, Josh Barlow and Daz. Would like to see a little more 'adventure' and speed going forward, with more use of the ball. Terrific effort by one and all, spoiled by Mr Tulley, who wasn't happy until Sheffield were enabled successive sets on our line, with inevitable consequences. I thought we were ROBBED of a bonus point.
I know it's early doors, but Workington is a MUST win game.
COME ON YOU LIONS!

#15 mickburkes boots

mickburkes boots
  • Coach
  • 132 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:14 PM

Think he may play 6 this week

#16 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:20 PM

Are Kevin & Rhys in too Phil ?

#17 mickburkes boots

mickburkes boots
  • Coach
  • 132 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:49 PM

Think they all trained suppose it's down to Ian an Marlon final selection

Edited by mickburkes boots, 28 February 2014 - 12:07 AM.

#18 mickburkes boots

mickburkes boots
  • Coach
  • 132 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:50 PM

dwyer trained also

Edited by mickburkes boots, 28 February 2014 - 12:08 AM.

#19 mickburkes boots

mickburkes boots
  • Coach
  • 132 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:52 PM

I'm working gutted won't be able make it sure they'll get the result Riggy

Edited by mickburkes boots, 27 February 2014 - 11:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users