match reports

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:56 PM

Let's not get carried away and take each game as it comes. 

Are you saying we shouldn't take each game as it comes ?

Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#22 Heckler

Heckler
  • Coach
  • 421 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:10 PM

Here's a link to the Hornets fanzine http://theseladscanr...sbury-rams.html. They've obviously not seen Tommy G play recently given his form late last season and so far this season.

#23 RALFERS08

RALFERS08
  • Players
  • 71 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:47 PM

Really looking forward to the first away game of the season on Sunday. Beating Fev last weekend doesn't mean the Rams are suddenly odds on to win the league as many have rightly pointed out. However it does mean that confidence and team morale will be high and winning is the greatest habit to have in sport.

#24 marko

marko
  • Coach
  • 207 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:50 PM

This is the first season in years,i genuinely feel optimistic about a top 5 finish.But as everyone is saying,lets take one game at a time.i feel come 4.30 tomorrow we,ll have a clearer picture of our chances this year.

#25 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:18 PM

Let's hope the journeyman lump Tommy Gallagher reads the article and shows them how if the is.

#26 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,759 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:55 PM

He scored the first try but we're still trailing 6-4 at HT.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#27 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:08 PM

Likes his snap tommy g but scored 5 distance tries at the mount so I wouldnt knock him personally

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#28 YOUNG UN

YOUNG UN
  • Coach
  • 767 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 05:20 PM

He scored the first try but we're still trailing 6-4 at HT.

Finished up quite nicely though. 42-12 victory not to be sneezed at!

#29 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:30 PM

Against a team with 5 saints in. 2 of them
Scored rochdales 2 try's and mark Flanagan and That prop walker also played. A good win in end. Interesting on radio Leeds, glen wasn't too impressed with the last 2 wins completion rates in first half. Says we need to improve on this as defence as won us the last 2 matches. Think first half our completion rate was only 40 percent. Second half was obviously a lot better

#30 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 06:44 PM

What if we could improve on the first half performances ? Defence awesome again today and second half unbelievable. Hard to single anyone out again today, but Brown was outstanding going forward and Rob Spicer must have tackled everyone in their team at least 3 times. If we can improve the completion rates in the first forty we could give anyone a game !

#31 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 444 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:11 PM

Very professional performance by the boys today.
Rochdale were very ensthuciastic first half and they kept plugging away.
The boys wore them down in the end though and fitness told and the class of Thackeray and Brown told to.

#32 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:21 PM

What if we could improve on the first half performances ? Defence awesome again today and second half unbelievable. Hard to single anyone out again today, but Brown was outstanding going forward and Rob Spicer must have tackled everyone in their team at least 3 times. If we can improve the completion rates in the first forty we could give anyone a game !

When you play a decent team they will have blown you away first half and it will be game over ;)

Edited by Wakefield Ram, 23 February 2014 - 07:38 PM.

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like

expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#33 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:39 PM

When you play a decent team they will have blown you away first half and it will be game over ;)

You mean a decent team like say Featherstone.

Think the team to beat will be Leigh, another half century today

#34 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,759 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:48 PM

Let's not start complaining or we'll begin to sound like some of these clubs who believe that it is their entitlement to win every time. Just remember that last season we were bemoaning the fact that we were only a first half team that couldn't score points in the second half to save our lives. I know the team that i would rather be watching, don't you?

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#35 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:52 PM

In my opinion, one man's defence let us down today. Louis Sheriff was too casual at times. Their first try was scored because he hesitated instead of tackling Dawson (having put that, the other players should have stopped the attack initially) and the second was scored because he was too casual in collecting a kick. Morton covered the ball as best he could to allow Sheriff time to get it. I think in the first half a lot of the players seemed to take things a little casually.

You could see that the Hornets players visibly tired in the second half and we capitalised on that as could be seen from the number of tries we scored. We scored some excellent tries with good passing, especially when Brown broke from halfway and had back up on flanks, for Thackeray to score. Morton scored a good try in the corner via a swift pass from Pryce (but who passed the ball to Pryce because that was even better). Morton then made a try. As he was being tackled into touch he released the ball for Pryce to collect and touch down.

Tough one next week at Donny and we do need to improve on our first half play if today's performance is anything to go by.
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#36 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 444 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:55 PM

Like featherstone last week then Piggy's mate hmm don't think so.

#37 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,759 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:57 PM

I wasn't there today but Sheriff hasn't really impressed me so far. What has happened to Jordan Grayston, who I understood to be an outstanding full back? I do hope that we're not going to have a team that "picks itself" despite the winning start. Players need to feel that there is competition for a starting place.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#38 MirfieldRams

MirfieldRams
  • Coach
  • 143 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:49 PM

Sheriff did look uncomfortable today for some reason. I think there maybe a couple of changes for Donny and he would be one for me, along with Nash to the bench for Aizue or maybe Lillycrop on bench.

Surprised by our first half performance against one of the teams expected to struggle. We were executing some strange plays near there line, instead to just applying pressure and getting repeat sets at worst. We were playing like it was last 10 mins of the game and we were 2 scores down.

Kicking game early on was poor, but improved second half, as did the fluent running game. Thought Brown looked different class when he came back on second half. Macca (Aizue) was his normal bulldog self, as were Heppy, Spicer and Gallagher. Fantastic second half team performance

Anybody know what happened to Hemingway, what was his injury?
  • db likes this
Up The Rams

Mirfield Rams

#39 Shipley Ram

Shipley Ram
  • Coach
  • 284 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:56 PM

Said just a broken nose on Radio Leeds. He'll be fine for next week
RUGBY LEAGUE IS MY RELIGION.
CROWN FLATT IS MY CHURCH.

#40 MirfieldRams

MirfieldRams
  • Coach
  • 143 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:12 PM

Cheers Shipley Ram. First time I've seen someone limping with a broken nose but maybe just a little groggy.
Up The Rams

Mirfield Rams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users