New Programme (Feedback Please )

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:11 PM

Thanks to those who bought our new programme today which actually sold out.

We have programme meeting on Tuesday night so we would like to hear your feed back on it please.

We have spotted a couple of things we need to change already and there are still a couple of promised adverts to come yet which will replace some other items but if you could just let us know how we went on that would be good.

Thanks

Riggy

#2 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:47 PM

No comments yet all must be good then !

#3 Rugbyleague1

Rugbyleague1
  • Twitter
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:53 PM

Spelly's bit is really good!

#4 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 331 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:06 PM

Thought it was a really good effort so well done to all.

Just a few thoughts then as you ask:-

A squad page with pictures ( & bios) would be nice especially at the start of the season (following so many changes) - Also a chance to push the player sponsorship (?) - I think this is more important for the supporters who are not regular and feel more informed.

Also the big white page in the middle (pending future results) is just crying out for, say a proper team photo, and it could then shrink each match as the stats are filled in.

Merchandise? - I know we do not tend to have much but would have though we should be promoting the replica shirts and or 63 shirts

Good idea to suggest where Swinton fans should gather for away games as helps create a "presence" at away grounds and finally a great picture of Old Trafford as well.

Cheers - keep up the good work and practice your Welsh for the next home program!

PS - No expert in Welsh history but some Crusaders fans were particularly impressed with the Swinton shirt badge last year which was very similar to Coat of Arms of Powys Fadog (attached) and therefore connected with Owain Glyndwr! :O

85px-Coat_of_arms_of_Powys_Fadog.svg.png

Coat of Arms of Powys Fadog

Edited by Little Lion Man, 23 February 2014 - 10:11 PM.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#5 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:29 PM

Thank you Little Lion Man we will take on board your comments and see what we can do for you. We need to get some head shots of the players for the website so I will have a word with Pete (David Bailey) Green and see what we can sort for you.

The Old Trafford picture on World Cup Final day was only in as we are waiting for a full page advertiser to send in his artwork so that will vanish hopefully for the next programme.

Good idea about a team photo again we will look at it.

Thanks again

Riggy

#6 class of 63

class of 63
  • Coach
  • 251 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:31 PM

Great effort - gives all the info you need to know - so many options for additions - 'on this day' - 'legends of the club' - but you only have so much space - but lets all keep buying one

#7 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:05 PM

Thanks for your comments Class of 63

#8 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:28 PM

PS - No expert in Welsh history but some Crusaders fans were particularly impressed with the Swinton shirt badge last year which was very similar to Coat of Arms of Powys Fadog (attached) and therefore connected with Owain Glyndwr! :O

85px-Coat_of_arms_of_Powys_Fadog.svg.png

Coat of Arms of Powys Fadog

The Lion Rampant has been very popular throughout history whether as a feature in heraldry, royalty, national banners, pub signs or, as with the Lions, in sports.

Edited by Blue Monkey, 24 February 2014 - 09:46 AM.

#9 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 923 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:50 AM

Talking of merchandise (well someone did) I bring a lad I support and he wants a scarf and hat. How are we supplying these items these days and if Paul's reading this, when is the next batch of Trust hoodies being ordered please?

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#10 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:40 AM

Overall, an excellent and informative programme, especially when you consider it was produced largely by newcomers to the match programme scene.

However, there's one nagging little feature I'd like changed. And that is the front page where at the top it says (yesterday's programme) ...

SWINTON LIONS RLFC

V

SHEFFIELD EAGLES RLFC

Can we please delete the RLFC, as adding RLFC denotes the name of a CLUB when we should be giving the name of a TEAM?

The same is revealed on page 23 (not numbered) where the Shay match report is headed as...

HALIFAX RLFC 28   SWINTON LIONS 18

This is the name of a club and the name of a team.

Please can we use the team name/s in future.

Well, you DID ask for feedback

#11 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 580 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:56 AM

Talking of merchandise (well someone did) I bring a lad I support and he wants a scarf and hat. How are we supplying these items these days and if Paul's reading this, when is the next batch of Trust hoodies being ordered please?

Just read this after updating the Hoodie/Polo post.

Middle of this week I should be sending in another order so just PM me - see the other post for details of sizes and prices please.

#12 parky

parky
  • Coach
  • 281 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:56 PM

Excellent first programme from all contributors. Could we have notifcation/update either in Ians column or elewhere stating the latest news on injuries of players and there intended return to fitness. No mention of Craig Harvey and his shirt number.

#13 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:19 PM

It would be nice to see some career stats for former players.Ive often wondered how many tries Marlon Billy scored for the Lions

#14 LionessTaz

LionessTaz
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:47 PM

you need to bring in from edges remove the blue borders, work with column, make sure everything is in focus and clear cut... don't let things fall off the pages like adverts or wording to disappearing into the blue borders (did i say remove the blue borders) the edge of a page in programmes/booklets need a buffer edge of 5-10 mm...

And again I will offer my help for layout and presentablity.... Used to do adverts and page layout of brochures at previous work places.

#15 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 923 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:34 PM

Well you can't say faorer than that (with a blue border within 5-10mm of the edge)!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#16 lancaster Lion

lancaster Lion
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:46 PM

I thought it was a great programme with lots of interesting information. I pledge to buy a programme at every home game. I think the historical article was fascinating .Thanks to the team for working so hard on the first production.

#17 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:50 PM

I pledge to buy a programme at every home game.

Likewise LL

#18 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:54 PM

No mention of Craig Harvey and his shirt number.

Yes, whatever happened to classy Craig?

#19 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:15 PM

I'm not too worried that the programme isn't as glossy as in previous incarnations and I'm sure any rough edges will be ironed out with experience.  It contained all it needed to and had some interesting matierial to read particularly the Test Match Retrospective by Stephen Johnson.  I also look forward to more of Ian Jackson's well written articles on the Lions in the Great War.  I'm hopefull we will get more on the current crop of players too.

Well done to all who contributed and to the team who pulled it all together.

#20 Spelly

Spelly
  • Coach
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:40 PM

Spelly's bit is really good!

Thank you!

Spelly.

"--- and then on the eighth day, God created Rugby League."

Daily, my intense dislike of the Pinks, Rugby Yawnion, Manchester United, and far-right politics, grows ever larger, and will continue to do so forever more!

Question! What's the connection between Rugby League and Rugby Yawnion? Answer! There isn't one!

My girl-friend asked "If you had to choose between me and Swinton who would it be?" I replied "You know the answer to that one without even asking!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users