Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

lions supporters today

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mickburkes boots

mickburkes boots
  • Coach
  • 123 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 09:00 PM

Thought the supporters really got behind the team today,and great improvement in the don't panic situation staying in the arm wrestle,think with better use of our wingers today could have pushed the scores closer, think Sheffield was big in the middle today, great support though

#2 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:04 PM

It was always going to be a big ask today for the lads, but they gave their all in their bid to stop a top side who were much faster most of the time. Every man gave 100% and you can't ask more than that.

Well played lads, you lionhearts.

#3 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 580 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:40 AM

I still think we need to get a bit of singing going though... it must lift the guys on the pitch a bit to hear a chorus of C'mon You Lions or Take Me Home!! Happens away but not much at home.

#4 lancaster Lion

lancaster Lion
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 04:52 PM

To be honest I was disappointed with the attendance of only 548. I think we all need to make an effort to encourage others to attend. Why not invite a friend or ex Lion fans to come to the North Wales game in March. With a larger home crowd the atmosphere would improve and that may help the Lions on the pitch.

#5 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:02 PM

It's difficult to attract supporters to Leigh other than diehards.Not sure how yesterday's attendance compared to last seasons fixture.

#6 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 249 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:36 PM

Last seasons encouter on 17th Feb had 515 attending according to an old programme.

#7 Peewagg

Peewagg
  • Players
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:38 AM

Can't understand why our fans are scattered about. Sit together and make some noise! Remember the Challenge Cup game at the then JJB, or the play-off wins at Fev and Crusaders? We made one hell of a din!
(Ahh. Sweet memories of 'The Barn')

Edited by Peewagg, 26 February 2014 - 08:38 AM.

#8 mickburkes boots

mickburkes boots
  • Coach
  • 123 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:55 PM

I love the passion with the lions supporters unique

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users