Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Featherstone at the Racecourse

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 clwydianrange

clwydianrange
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:45 PM

This is the match I've been waiting for. As a young man growing up in the west riding in the seventies I spent many a sunday afternoon cheering rovers on. However this sunday I'll be cheering the Cru on. Our toughest test to date I'll go for 30-18 to Featherstone, crowd 1398

#2 rossco123

rossco123
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:38 PM

It should be a good atmosphere as Featherstone will bring plenty of fans cru16=38Featherstone and 1342 attending

#3 dogthebountyhunter

dogthebountyhunter
  • Coach
  • 436 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 07:54 PM

Yep, the most obnoxious supporters in the world coming to lord it over the 'sheep shaggers'!!!! I remember only too well when Celtic Crusaders played them previous. Horrible supporters, horrible club... worse than Widnes and Salford.

Imagine if in 1895 they had internet forums.............rugby league would not exist!

#4 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 615 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:11 PM

I think the Rovers fans will look forward to their visit to the Racecourse; many may not have been to our ground before so there may be the novelty of a first visit to North Wales.

I'll agree this will be our toughest test yet, but you have to play against the best to get a measure of how much you've improved.  I am hoping a week off hasn't dented out good start to the season and that we can get a decent result from the game.

A warm welcome to any Featherstone fans travelling. The Turf is the place to meet before and after the game, but also look out for the 2-4-1 carvery deal on the Crusaders website if you fancy it.

#5 TommyCru

TommyCru
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:45 PM

Huge test for the cru after having a week off. I can't see them getting the result but could be closer than some people think. Cru 18-26 Featherstone. Crowd of 1243

#6 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:47 PM

To be fair Lee, I know Featherstone have an unruly element, as do a lot of clubs, and I well remember my Wife being hit on the shoulder by a large stone that was thrown by one of their fans last time she went to Featherstone, but I have met a lot of decent Fev fans as well. I was made very welcome at Fev when Eccles played them in the Challenge cup and I acted as Eccles' time keeper. The club themselves could not do enough for us. I went to every game between Crusaders and Fev home and away and yes, there was friction right from the start (probably caused by the manner of their defeat at the Brewery field when Crusaders "stole" the victory from them with a try after the final hooter), but I like to think we are all starting again with a clean slate. I look forward to meeting the Fev fans in the Turf and I urge the Crusaders fans to take people as you find them.

#7 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:48 PM

Featherstone to win 30-22 and attendance of 1298.

#8 dogthebountyhunter

dogthebountyhunter
  • Coach
  • 436 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:20 PM

To be fair Lee, I know Featherstone have an unruly element, as do a lot of clubs, and I well remember my Wife being hit on the shoulder by a large stone that was thrown by one of their fans last time she went to Featherstone, but I have met a lot of decent Fev fans as well. I was made very welcome at Fev when Eccles played them in the Challenge cup and I acted as Eccles' time keeper. The club themselves could not do enough for us. I went to every game between Crusaders and Fev home and away and yes, there was friction right from the start (probably caused by the manner of their defeat at the Brewery field when Crusaders "stole" the victory from them with a try after the final hooter), but I like to think we are all starting again with a clean slate. I look forward to meeting the Fev fans in the Turf and I urge the Crusaders fans to take people as you find them.

I have no doubt our supporters will be very welcoming and hopefully this will diffuse them from the start. However, when it comes to a real hatred of expansion and anything that 'in't chuffin' Yawkshire' Featherstone is it!!!

Imagine if in 1895 they had internet forums.............rugby league would not exist!

#9 JCrabtree

JCrabtree
  • Coach
  • 120 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:01 PM

I'm looking forward to the trip to North Wales this weekend. You appear to be making great strides and I hope you continue to aid the development throughout Wales. A tight game with quality rugby (and a Fev win,) would be brilliant. See you all there!

#10 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:45 AM

Are you driving JCrabtree? Make yourself known in the Turf before the game. We have supporters club members who volunteer to greet visiting supporters on arrival and make sure they know all they need to know. Have you any idea how many fans you will bring? Barrow brought 2 supporters buses.

#11 JCrabtree

JCrabtree
  • Coach
  • 120 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:01 AM

Are you driving JCrabtree? Make yourself known in the Turf before the game. We have supporters club members who volunteer to greet visiting supporters on arrival and make sure they know all they need to know. Have you any idea how many fans you will bring? Barrow brought 2 supporters buses.

It appears we'll be driving, as we need to rush back. I know there are some buses coming and since you have just been promoted I think many are excited to come to a different ground and club, plus a lot of Fev fans enjoy giving teams their largest home gate of the year. It's a fair trek but I certainly expect a good number.

#12 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:25 PM

Fev supporters travel in numbers and negative remarks about the club may only reflect on your attendance; If people listened to the good points instead of extracting the worst of the hearsay they would be doing themselves a favour; If you ever have trouble at Post Office Road then report it; You will find that the club will bend over backwards to find the culprits; Heres to a great game and many are going to travel to your ground;

#13 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 615 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:00 PM

The posts from the vast majority of Cru fans on here, "Crusaders Til I Die" and our facebook pages have been extremely positive towards Featherstone Rovers visit to the Racecourse.

Our fans pride themselves on their friendliness and making RL a fun day out; I am absolutely sure that Featherstone fans will receive a warm Welsh welcome when they arrive in Wrexham.

A warm welcome to all who travel. Croeso cynes i pawb.

#14 widnesrlfc

widnesrlfc
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:36 PM

Yep, the most obnoxious supporters in the world coming to lord it over the 'sheep shaggers'!!!! I remember only too well when Celtic Crusaders played them previous. Horrible supporters, horrible club... worse than Widnes and Salford.

There is good and bad in all fans and most Widnes fans are decent.I have no gripe with Crusaders, and out of 5000 home supporters there is bound to be a few idiots. Anyway i hope the Widnes lads do great for you this year on dual.

Edited by widnesrlfc, 25 February 2014 - 08:37 PM.

#15 rossco123

rossco123
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:37 PM

I agree we have moved on since Celtic crusaders lets just leave the past in the past, negative posts on forums will just annoy a lot of good supporters

#16 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:19 AM

Whilst I agree with you about leaving out the negative posts rossco123, and I am sure that Celtic Crusaders doesn't mean much to the people who didn't watch them before they moved to Wrexham, but to me, it was one of the best times of my life and I made the 430 round trip to "home games" every other week because I made some great friends in South Wales, just as I have in the North, and you will often see me at North Wales Crusaders games still wearing my Celtic Crusaders shirt with pride. All the unsavoury things that eventually happened in Bridgend were nothing to do with the players, who were made scapegoats or the fans, who were fantastic.

#17 bradford rover

bradford rover
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:18 AM

could  any one tell me if there will be radio commentary on sunday

#18 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:25 PM

Have you any idea how many fans you will bring? Barrow brought 2 supporters buses.

Looking at facebook group - theres 4 supporters buses confirmed, 1 minibus from selby warriors and the club are taking names to run an official bus if they get the interest so theres definately 5 buses with potential for a sixth - lets not forget the car drivers coming either

#19 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:09 PM

Great news. Looks like the Crusaders choir might have some competition. Safe journey to you all. I drive from Eccles every home game but I might chance the train (Well, 3 trains actually) for this one so I can have a beer.

#20 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:29 PM

First visit to Wrexham, looking forward to it.

Where's the best place to park?  Is there a decent car park on site?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users