Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Featherstone at the Racecourse

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Converted

Converted
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:44 PM

First visit to Wrexham, looking forward to it.

Where's the best place to park?  Is there a decent car park on site?

Maesgwyn Hall 3mins walk to the turnstyle, good price on the beers all welcome.

Wrexham Lager well recommend !!!

#22 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 709 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:23 PM

First visit to Wrexham, looking forward to it.

Where's the best place to park?  Is there a decent car park on site?

I think there's parking in the Glyndwr University next to the ground on Mold Road.

Theres parking at Maesgwyn Hall, opposite (I think they charge)

If your early enough you may bag a space in the Turf, but parking is very limited.  There is parking in the streets off Mold Road too - Lilac Way, Primrose Way and Maesgwyn Road

#23 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:29 PM

Maesgwyn Hall 3mins walk to the turnstyle, good price on the beers all welcome.

Wrexham Lager well recommend !!!

Thanks

#24 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:30 PM

I think there's parking in the Glyndwr University next to the ground on Mold Road.

Theres parking at Maesgwyn Hall, opposite (I think they charge)

If your early enough you may bag a space in the Turf, but parking is very limited.  There is parking in the streets off Mold Road too - Lilac Way, Primrose Way and Maesgwyn Road

Thanks

#25 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 709 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:45 PM

Thanks

No problem. Have a safe trip and enjoy your visit to North Wales Crusaders.

#26 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,198 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:00 PM

Looking forward to visiting you on Sunday, please disregard the negative comments about us from supporters of other clubs, every club as it's morons and "people in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones". Our club as worked tirelessly to get us were we are now and to raise our image, cannot wait for some good humoured banter and a chat with the fans, so see you in the pub. 6 coaches travelling at the last count, plus cars, should make for a good day out!!

Edited by Maureen T-k, 28 February 2014 - 05:06 PM.

Im Fev and im proud

#27 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 709 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:11 PM

Looking forward to visiting you on Sunday, please disregard the negative comments about us from supporters of other clubs, every club as it's morons and "people in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones". Our club as worked tirelessly to get us were we are now and to raise our image, cannot wait off some good humoured banter and a chat with the fans, so see you in the pub. 6 coaches travelling at the last count, plus cars, should make for a good day out!!

Hi Maureen,

I'm please that there are so many of the Featherstone faithful making the trip. I for one have only encountered the Featherstone fans at Grand Final days and I have to say never had any problems with the Fev supporters.  Perhaps you may intimidate other clubs by travelling in such numbers!!

Keep an eye out for the men in kilts (mine is Welsh tartan) - there are two or three of s who have decided that wearing kilts is the way to go -  introduce yourself and join in the fun and singing.

#28 clwydianrange

clwydianrange
  • Coach
  • 125 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:54 PM

Looking forward to visiting you on Sunday, please disregard the negative comments about us from supporters of other clubs, every club as it's morons and "people in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones". Our club as worked tirelessly to get us were we are now and to raise our image, cannot wait off some good humoured banter and a chat with the fans, so see you in the pub. 6 coaches travelling at the last count, plus cars, should make for a good day out!!

Maureen the last time I saw Rovers live was when Leeds beat us in the semi final at Odsal in, I think, 1978. Could be wrong as the memory diminishes with age. Welcome to the Racecourse its a great place. I'll be the bloke in a broad yorkshire accent chanting for the Cru. You're going to beat us but you won't have it all your own way. We're quietly building a good team here.

#29 MTBDoug

MTBDoug
  • Players
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:51 PM

No bonus point but also no walkover. Well done lads.

#30 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,219 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:11 PM

Well played Cru, particularly the 1st half. Good game, enjoyed the visit.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#31 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,198 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:12 PM

Hi Maureen,

I'm please that there are so many of the Featherstone faithful making the trip. I for one have only encountered the Featherstone fans at Grand Final days and I have to say never had any problems with the Fev supporters.  Perhaps you may intimidate other clubs by travelling in such numbers!!

Keep an eye out for the men in kilts (mine is Welsh tartan) - there are two or three of s who have decided that wearing kilts is the way to go -  introduce yourself and join in the fun and singing.

Hi Maureen,

Nice to meet you today, really enjoyed it, had a good chat with other cru fans I met. Good luck for the rest of the season.
Im Fev and im proud

#32 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 709 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:25 PM

Thanks Moureen. Its always nice to put a face to a forum poster. 

Best team won today - no arguments from me. A fine second half performance particularly from your 10 and 7 and a magnificent kicking display from the guy nailing all his conversions.

Shame a few potty mouths let your fans down; we had loads of comments about foul language from the gang near the drummer.  We've worked hard to get families through the turnstiles and its a shame a few numpties spoil it for the majority.

#33 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:37 PM

Well done today had a great day at NWC ground and a good chat with some of you fans who were very pleasant and welcoming As you say shame some fans don't know how to sing without the language especially with kids there

Good luck for the rest of the season hope you don't go down as I will be back next season ( don't take it the wrong way but 5 relegated is a lot)

#34 clwydianrange

clwydianrange
  • Coach
  • 125 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:19 PM

Well we matched Rovers for half the game and with a bit of luck should have had a couple more tries. Very frustrating in the second half where we kept gifting them possession and putting ourselves under pressure. Nice atmosphere in the stand with both 'choirs' singing well. Thought the ref had a good game although he penalised us a couple of times when I could see no offence. However as he was a lot closer that me there's no complaints. Best team won.

#35 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:47 PM

Well played Crusaders..what a terrific atmosphere; The Tom Jones song made it a great starter and a few of your fans came up to me to congratulate the performance; I won't mention the obvious that spoilt it for a few of your fans; Your team is full of potential and gave us (Fev) a right scare; You will win more games than you lose believe me; Your fans were friendly and passionate about their team; Fully enjoyed my first visit to your ground;

#36 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:10 AM

Featherstone Rovers gave us a lesson in playing basic Rugby league very well. I never expected to win the game but I thought we had a good chance of a bonus point. I am really disappointed to lose the second half 30-0, but looking back, it was only absolutely fantastic defending that kept us in it in the first half. So why couldn't we do the same in the second half? Only Tommy Johnson and Toby Adamson come out of it with any real credit from me, maybe Jono too. Only an idiot would disagree with the best team won but I can't agree with you about the ref clwydianrange. I thought he was harsh on us. I have not seen the penalty count yet but am guessing it was about 14-6. I still have faith in the Crusaders management and I am hoping that this drubbing serves as a wake up call for us. When you go through a whole season you always win a game you are not expected to and lose one that you are not expected to and then you also have the one where everybody has an off day. I sincerely hope this was ours! When I look at the clubs in our league I can't see us finishing above Featherstone Rovers, Leigh, Halifax, Sheffield Eagles, Dewsbury or Batley. Maybe we set our sights too high. After all, we have just come up from a far inferior division and it will take time for our players to get used to the pace and for new players to gel with our long standing players. Keep the faith, and lets get back to winning ways next week. With regard to the bad language - it is a social problem and not just local to Featherstone. You will come across it from time to time. Just boo them like you did and let them know its not acceptable. I thought the vast majority of Fev fans were brilliant yesterday and it was good to see so many make the journey.

#37 rossco123

rossco123
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:22 PM

before we all press the panic button lets just remember who we were playing, they are a class side. We probably had our weakest squad to pick from with all the injuries and suspensions, no Reardon,massam,Middlehurst,moulsdale, roets and offerdahl ,they are first team players and would have made a he'll of a difference, the beast would have been handy on the bench as well.

#38 TommyCru

TommyCru
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:34 PM

After the first half yesterday I was very confident we would get a bonus point. We defended great although it was a little desperate at times. The second half was prime example of the level we have to get too to have a good final position in the league. We usually get stronger in he second half but yesterday that wasn't the case, far too many handling errors and Fevs being the strong team they are punished us!
We have to remember we had players out, Massem, Middlehurst, Moulsdale, Offerdahl etc. With a full strength team I really do feel we can give most teams in our league a game!

#39 rossco123

rossco123
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:41 PM

How many pancakes did everyone manage to eat tonight, especially you tommycru

#40 Mark H

Mark H
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:06 PM

I would firstly like to  thank Wayne at the Turf for his warm welcome to all Featherstone fans last Sunday and secondly to the rest of you Cru fans who welcomed our fans and relished your teams challenge against us.

I would also like to post my thanks to gogledd and clwydianrange for their likes on my 1st post earlier today,it was much appreciated but I would like to move on and concentrate on the positive of the wider Rugby League family in future posts. 

If my travels take me near Wrexham in the near future I will call in the Turf for sure and introduce myself and thank Wayne personally.

Clwydianrange your memory serves you well regarding the semi final at Odsal in 1978,Featherstone v Leeds,unfortunately ( but probably not at the time ) I was supporting Leeds in my youth those days,Leeds went on to beat St Helens 12-10 in the final.I also remember the semi final at Odsal that day was the same day as the Grand National,1st April, well it just had to be didn't it !!

Good luck for the rest of the season and I hope you are made to feel as welcome in Featherstone as Fev were in Wrexham

Forza Fev

Forza Fev