:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#2 D34n0

D34n0
  • Players
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:32 PM

Anybody fancy an upset?

Edited by D34n0, 24 February 2014 - 08:39 PM.

#3 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:46 PM

Wath brow

#4 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 361 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:20 AM

There are some great games in the draw. Its just a pity that there are not more games with the Conference sides at home.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#5 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:48 AM

Egremont are my favourites for an upset but Normanton could do well. I might fancy Wath Brow if they were at home.

#6 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:52 AM

Kells
Egremont
Wath brow
Pilks
Are all interesting games with possibilities of upsets although as said above would be better with conference sides at home. For me though the tie of the round is pats v Leigh even though there's probably no chance of a giant killing.

#7 Should of been a 7

Should of been a 7
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:34 AM

Wath Brow's Chances would be bigger if the fullback could pass!!

#8 hull reporter

hull reporter
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:20 AM

Only one I reckon is egremont v oldham, wath brow have only just scraped thro against 2 lower teams no disrespect but not as good as there once was good luck to all teams

#9 Should of been a 7

Should of been a 7
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:45 AM

Wath Brow where Champion's 2 years ago and there was runners up last year!? how can you say they are not the team they once was?? 

#10 Davo5

Davo5
  • Coach
  • 507 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:10 AM

Yeah they are a fading force,average age of the team is around 23,played 2 decent teams in awful conditions without any friendlies.We do however lack any mercenaries who travel from club to club looking for a better pay packet,an advantage some hull teams have over us.
Getting back to the theme of the post,I don't think the Brow have a chance of turning keighley over on their own patch even if the fullback learns to pass!!

#11 hull reporter

hull reporter
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:32 PM

It's just my opinion same for west hull they've played oulton Leigh miners and thatto won all wiv no friendlys the big team in Cumbria is kells at the min who I'd say would beat both wath brow and egremont

#12 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 951 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:47 PM

Notice all the lowest ranked championship 1 sides haven't drawn any of the top ncl sides, Gateshead Gloucester, Oxford and Hemel. I think this probably prevents any upsets but agree that egremont probably have the best chance as their at home, ie in Cumbria not on their own pitch.

Is the draw deliberately set out so that these low teams avoid the strongest ncl sides? Looking at it I'd think so!

Is it by chance that the strongest ncl sides all draw the strongest championship sides, Batley v Kells, dewsbury v west hull, dockers v Halifax, keighley v wath brow, Sheffield v east Leeds, st pats v Leigh?

Wouldn't want half a dozen upsets by 'amateur' opposition now would we?

Edited by usain bolt, 25 February 2014 - 03:54 PM.

#13 legend killer

legend killer
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:12 PM

How are kells the big team in Cumbria?? Wath brow have been right at the top of the premier for along time now, they play in a league were every game is tough, I'm not bad mouthing kells because I think they are a good team but, they won a very poor league last season, granted they have turned over some big teams over at there own ground, but you can't say that makes them better than wath

#14 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 733 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:06 PM

I hope the supporters from Pilk Recs enjoy their visit to North Wales. Its not so far to travel and on decent roads too. Crusaders supporters usually meet in the Turf Holet on Mold Road, right outside the stadium, before and after the game. You be sure to receive a warm welcome from our fans.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

#15 One trick pony

One trick pony
  • Players
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:48 PM

Think the draw has fix wrote all over it! Why couldn't all semi-pro clubs be in the hat to be chosen to join the amateur side of the draw instead of just championship 1 clubs.... Basically don't want any upsets!! Shame for most amateur clubs who would push Hemel, Gloucester, Oxford, ect

#16 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:53 PM

When you say most amateur clubs , how many would you say IMO the cc should be seeded a little better . The top 10 amateur clubs should be in a draw with all champs 1 clubs . The next round should include championship clubs , I remember the days when only county cup winners were entered

#17 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 951 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:14 PM

When you say most amateur clubs , how many would you say IMO the cc should be seeded a little better . The top 10 amateur clubs should be in a draw with all champs 1 clubs . The next round should include championship clubs , I remember the days when only county cup winners were entered

I remember the days when the county cups were a worthy competition, the lancs cup became a farce.

#18 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:40 PM

Yeh me to , it's a crying shame to see a great competition lose its credibility

#19 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 951 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:09 AM

Yeh me to , it's a crying shame to see a great competition lose its credibility

It went downhill once the ncl 1st teams were pulled from the comp, became a competition that only perhaps 3, 4 maybe 5 nwc teams could win. From then on more and more teams withdrew from entering. The national barla cup gone same way. Somewhere along the line some decisions have been made by so called important people at the top, they've been detrimental decisions to the game for me, yet no one being left accountable.

#20 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,969 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:34 AM

I'm sure there's good reason, but its a shame to see St Pats v Leigh clashing on the Friday with Wigan v Hull KR, would imagine quite a fair few Wigan fans would have taken in both games that weekend given the chance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users