Bradford Bulls deducted 6 points & purchasers withdraw

• Please log in to reply
242 replies to this topic

#21 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 5,053 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:27 PM

They got 6 point deduction in 2012 for Admin so what did they expect?

I think he is a bit more peeved at how the RFL handled the negotiations rather than anything else; it sounds (if his version of events is correct) like Administration could well have been avoided and ultimately the points reduction. It'll be interesting to hear the RFL's version of events.

Edited by GeordieSaint, 25 February 2014 - 04:27 PM.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#22 dude02

dude02
  • Coach
  • 387 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:29 PM

So, at the end of this season SL is likely to loose one of its biggest clubs and one of the two expansion clubs. That's not good news at all.

#23 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Bad day for the bulls and for the sport

#24 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,865 posts

Bleak. But to be honest, maybe the best thing would be for them to go down and start again with a clean slate. Limping on from one season to another (see also London) with a new set of owners each time is helping no-one.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#25 Red Devils PAW

Red Devils PAW
  • Coach
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:30 PM

That statement is a fairly brutal put down of the RFL...

More a complete evisceration.

If Marwan Koukash can be fined 3k for what he said at The Lowry Theatre that little lot must be worth Rooney's weekly wage.

Can only feel for the players,coaching staff and supporters.

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it

#26 PREPOSTEROUS

PREPOSTEROUS
  • Coach
  • 682 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:30 PM

They got 6 point deduction in 2012 for Admin so what did they expect?

Terrible news for the fans and players but the statement about a 6 point deduction making relegation a certainty is laughable.

Indeed, fortunately London and Trinity will see Bradford survive with or without a points deduction. The response from BB2014 Ltd is nothing more than posturing to force the RFL's hand.

#27 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:31 PM

I think I'll change my profile picture now.

:(

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#28 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,789 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:36 PM

Indeed, fortunately London and Trinity will see Bradford survive with or without a points deduction. The response from BB2014 Ltd is nothing more than posturing to force the RFL's hand.

The thing is, he tried the same trick to try and force Omar Khan's hand and look how well that has worked. You can't just quit everytime something goes against you. If this is his only tactic then good riddance.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#29 snoopy

snoopy
  • Coach
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:37 PM

If they hadn't beaten Wakey it might have been a problem but now i don't think it matters. They will claw back the 4 pts on Wakey no probs. If they can win at Wakey they surely can win the return at Bradford. As London are waiting for their new signings to come and will be for quite a few weeks still so its very unlikely they can match Bradford this weekend so they will be only 2 pts behind then. If the financial restrictions make them release more of their better players making them weaker than Wakey and London then thats a different ball game. Sad situation for the fans all the same.

Edited by snoopy, 25 February 2014 - 04:38 PM.

#30 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,832 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:38 PM

I don't think the statement is a great one tbh. They have spat their dummy because they haven't got what they wanted.

Talking about professional embarrassment, fans suffering the 6pt penalty, half funding being shared by others, level playing field etc. may be worthy moans, but at this stage that is what they are. It is like when you are putting a complaint in you add everything you can to make it worse, even though some of the things are a little weak.

The governance around the meeting seems interesting and would be good to understand more, but it sounds a little like clutching at straws. Would be good to get some good inside journalism on this.

#31 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:39 PM

"I believe that we have been forced into making this decision, due to the Rugby Football League's proposed sanction of a six-point deduction, making relegation almost a certainty."

The squad they have is still not that bad. They beat London this weekend they will only be 2 points behind London, and potentially Wakefield and Catalans too.

#32 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:39 PM

I'm sure the players are more interested in where their wage will come from now.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#33 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,626 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:41 PM

I'm sure the players are more interested in where their wage will come from now.

Probably from the clubs they will transfer to.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#34 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:43 PM

Probably from the clubs they will transfer to.

I knew I should've bought my season ticket on credit card.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#35 londonrlfan

londonrlfan
  • Coach
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:43 PM

Feel fr the fans and the players, although this has just made our game on Sunday even tougher. They'll be looking for a big response to this and the points deduction makes a win even more vital for both teams. 

#36 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,626 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:45 PM

I knew I should've bought my season ticket on credit card.

I'm sure the Bulls will continue,just with a few more fringe players getting more game time.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#37 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,156 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:47 PM

I'd like to hear the RFL's version of that sequence of events that led to administration.  If it's correct then that's really not good and the type of scenarios that result in nasty and expensive law suits.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#38 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,865 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:49 PM

I don't think the statement is a great one tbh. They have spat their dummy because they haven't got what they wanted.

Come on Dave - you know very well that throwing a tantrum and taking your ball home is what's known as 'shaking up the RFL'.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#39 brooza

brooza
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:51 PM

In 2012 they were deducted 6 points and finished 9th, so relegation is hardly a certainty

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#40 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,848 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:53 PM

In 2012 they were deducted 6 points and finished 9th, so relegation is hardly a certainty

Too true. We've got a decent squad.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users