TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Bradford Bulls deducted 6 points & purchasers withdraw

• Please log in to reply
242 replies to this topic

#41 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,504 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:54 PM

Looks like the RFL are doing whatever it takes to keep Bradford up.

#42 brooza

brooza
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:01 PM

"In addition, the governing body wished to place the club's licence into special measures, which, as successful businessmen, will likely taint our personal dealings while embarrassing us all professionally.

Anyone know what the "special measures" are?

"Should the meeting held at the Provident Stadium, on January 9, which was designed to draw a line under the club's ownership and was chaired by the RFL, had followed its course properly and professionally then none of this would have occurred.
"The meeting included a quartet of important stakeholders, including Omar Khan and his associates, the club's debenture holder, representatives of the current board and, of the RFL, Ralph Rimmer and Blake Solly.
"Without following proper protocol, the RFL closed the meeting while discussions were still taking place and stakeholders were allowed to leave.
"No documents were signed and, as such, this led to a disagreement in the weeks which followed between one stakeholder and the other three.

I'm sure the RFL had a reason for closing the meeting. If the fact that nothing had been signed meant that the parties fell out, the meeting obviously wasn't going anywhere

"It needs to be pointed out also that this is the first relegation season for a number of years and the club has been functioning on only half of the central distribution funding for two years.
"It is equally important to point out that every other club in Super League is currently sharing the other half of the distribution money.
"Our desire was just to compete on a level playing field with the rest of the Super League.
"But with the sanctions imposed and the points above, I hope our supporters can agree that this is definitely not a level playing field and could be argued as anticompetitive.

Those sanctions were for 2012 and 2013, so central funding is equal again this year

The club will be making no further comment at this time.

You've just said you're buying the club, so you can't speak on behalf of the club any more

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#43 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:04 PM

I think 6 points for going into administration is quite frankly a joke.

why??

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#44 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:04 PM

Too true. We've got a decent squad.

No, we've a decent team.

We don't have much of a squad and we obviously now can't add to it - because of the special measures, even if there was any money for that.

People called Romans they go the house

#45 brooza

brooza
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:07 PM

If it does will they get another points deduction?

My suspicion is that technically they've not come out of administration, so this 6 point deduction will no longer apply.

Next time they come out of admin, any sanctions will need to be looked at again. I wouldn't expect 12 points!

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#46 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,504 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:18 PM

Too true. We've got a decent squad.

Irrespective of how good a squad might be, can they perform given the circus going on in the background?

#47 Larry

Larry
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:31 PM

The comment about other clubs sharing their half of funds is really disingenuous. Other clubs chipped in with hard cash last time to try to keep them out of administration. Widnes chairman donated 10K of his own money and this comment is how he is repaid.

And on the 'one of the games biggest clubs' point. So were Widnes. Didn't stop the RFL punishing them when they went into administration with the refusal of a licence. Times move on.

If these prospective owners really cared, they would stick around. Clearly they don't.

#48 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:32 PM

why??

It's not a harsh enough penalty IMO. You should be deducted more points for not being able to run your club properly. They're obviously competing outside of their financial capability which I do not think is fair on other clubs. They've probably taken points off other clubs with a team they cannot afford, regardless of how good the team is. You should not make decisions within your club you cannot afford. Simple as that in my opinion and you should be punished more.

Not to mention the farce it causes for another people with people not getting paid people losing money ect.

#49 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:39 PM

It's not a harsh enough penalty IMO. You should be deducted more points for not being able to run your club properly. They're obviously competing outside of their financial capability which I do not think is fair on other clubs. They've probably taken points off other clubs with a team they cannot afford, regardless of how good the team is. You should not make decisions within your club you cannot afford. Simple as that in my opinion and you should be punished more.

Not to mention the farce it causes for another people with people not getting paid people losing money ect.

i agree, twice in 18 months is ridiculous, they should get 12 points deducted as repeat offenders. 

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#50 Leeds17

Leeds17
  • Coach
  • 103 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:41 PM

I feel for Bulls fans but I will put money on Bulls staying up, got to be Wakey and London to go down in my opinion.

-4 at this stage of the season is nothing!!!

#51 Bomb Jack

Bomb Jack
  • Coach
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:49 PM

I think 6 points for going into administration is quite frankly a joke.

It's the equivalent of 3 wins.

The same as Widnes and all other Teams that went into Administration previously.

Widnes - Super League's newest Club, and Cheshire's Original Glamour Club. Watch out Warrington, we're back !

#52 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,504 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:51 PM

The same as Widnes and all other Teams that went into Administration previously.

Except Wakefield and Crusaders who got 4.

#53 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 490 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:53 PM

RFL response to Bradford's press release:

http://www.therfl.co...-bradford-bulls

#54 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:00 PM

I think it should be more IMHO.

#55 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:12 PM

Totally agree 6 points with wakey and London imploding is nothing, throw them out with the new club in C1

#56 Loiner

Loiner
  • Coach
  • 331 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:17 PM

They got 6 point deduction in 2012 for Admin so what did they expect?

Terrible news for the fans and players but the statement about a 6 point deduction making relegation a certainty is laughable.

They're only two games in for god sake. For 2014 ltd to come out with that is laughable. The bulls have the players to stay up if they all stay fit,it shows a lack of confidence in the said players.

#57 a.n Other

a.n Other
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:18 PM

Time for a Halifax Bradford merger? Halifax Blue Bulls playing out of the Shay?

#58 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,457 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:23 PM

Except Wakefield and Crusaders who got 4.

Rules changed since?

Either way "three wins" was the amount being openly discussed for the past couple of weeks.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#59 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,831 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:28 PM

RFL response to Bradford's press release:

http://www.therfl.co...-bradford-bulls

ouch, quite blunt!

#60 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,831 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 06:29 PM

Rules changed since?

Either way "three wins" was the amount being openly discussed for the past couple of weeks.

Don't think it was rule changes, I think Crusaders and Wildcats got some leniency due to the amount of debt they were prepared to pay back.

Reading that RFL statement, it would appear that the new Bulls owners were not able to commit to pay back their debts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users