Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Bulls further into the mire

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 167 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:42 PM

This doesn't look good for them at all, I wonder if anyone else will step in to take them over?

http://www.loverugby...-deduction.html

#2 phildog

phildog
  • 292 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:40 PM

Sorry, don't care, let 'em go to the wall, the RL would already have said as much if it had been a championship club. They've had 19 years of Sky money, world club championship etc etc and can't get it together. No more RL money, sink or swim, that goes for London too, and now that the french clubs have backed out of the Challenge Cup, don't EVER invite them again and yet the RL and loud voices are advocating bringing another French club (Toulouse) into SL. How many times and ways can I say this....NO NO NO NO NO.....

#3 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:11 PM

Trip to Odsal next season then providing we finish in the top 9.

What a mess.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#4 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,888 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:13 PM

Not sure why you'd advocate clubs going to the wall. Both my grandad and dad supported Bradford Northern who have a lot of heritage and a big place in RL as a club, and the Bulls have dedicated fans who love the club just like we do at Batley. RL without a club in Bradford is bad for the game. Sorry, but silly post IMO, phildog.

#5 Sir Jekyll Stocking

Sir Jekyll Stocking
  • Coach
  • 885 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:07 PM

I think what Phildog may be saying is "Why do Bradford deserve anything other than what's coming to them?"

Sad for the supporters and the heritage of the game, of course, but if the club has catastrophically overspent in relation to monies coming in, what more should be done by the RL "Community" (and I guess that means folk like you and me)?

Those who dropped a few coins into the "Save Halifax" buckets perhaps may feel obliged to do similar for Bradford, but it wasn't all that long since many did. When does it stop?

From a Bulldog financial point of view, it may be beneficial for Bradford to survive, but be relegated into the Championship (providing, of course we don't ourselves get relegated) - the Bulls will bring more supporters (cash) through the turnstiles than London or the French (although personally I'd much prefer the latter to be relegated).

Not much we can do, however, other than watch and wait.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

#6 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,558 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:46 PM

Their back been run by the administrator
So that should result in another points deduction.. Clearly said bulls had entered administration and come out under New management.

#7 London Dick

London Dick
  • Coach
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:11 PM

Let's hope they raise money by getting their season ticket bus and sell them in Batley again. We lost a generation of fans to their razzmatazz and see our area and Keighleys as rich picking grounds.you reap what you sow. Wakefield sold players etc of to ensure survival. Bulls tried administration to get rid of debts to remain competitive. Let them suffer their fate but if they beat London and wakey lose at Wigan they will be third bottom after three games.
"If you want us to be the best and if you want us to beat the rest, a BISSA donation is what we need"

#8 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,033 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:53 PM

Sorry, don't care, let 'em go to the wall, the RL would already have said as much if it had been a championship club. They've had 19 years of Sky money, world club championship etc etc and can't get it together. No more RL money, sink or swim, that goes for London too, and now that the french clubs have backed out of the Challenge Cup, don't EVER invite them again and yet the RL and loud voices are advocating bringing another French club (Toulouse) into SL. How many times and ways can I say this....NO NO NO NO NO.....

That's a very bitter rant Phildog. Did you forget to include Lancashire clubs, Humberside clubs, Dewsbury, the Welsh and Australia too?

Edited by Blind side johnny, 27 February 2014 - 01:55 PM.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users