Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Coach

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#1 Fat lad

Fat lad
  • Workington
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:49 PM

News that stanky has put his cv in

#2 troutmaster

troutmaster
  • 840 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:57 PM

You do mean john stankevitch,was he coaching at Rochdale?.
Posted Image

#3 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:01 PM

Yes Barry , he put on his twitter site that he'd sent his coaching cv out .

#4 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,844 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:21 PM

He didn't say to Workington though!!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#5 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:24 PM

Indeed

#6 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,541 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:29 PM

lets hope it gets lost in the mail
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#7 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:55 PM

lets hope it gets lost in the mail

Why is he that bad?

#8 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:00 PM

I do know he comes across as a very intelligent and well spoken guy . Can't comment with much authority on his coaching credentials . Just having a quick look he had a brief and very successful spell at Widnes , and got Rochdale into the playoffs three times out of three with one of the lowest budgets in champ one . Took time out for family and business reasons .

Edited by DavidM, 26 February 2014 - 08:19 PM.

#9 town82

town82
  • Players
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:14 PM

I think a couple of people on this forum should put Their cv's in for the job.

#10 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:23 PM

Well a lot seem to think they know about running the club AND coaching so maybe if they applied they'd kill 2 birds with one stone and we'd be guaranteed some new signings and guaranteed to stay up.

#11 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,541 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:10 PM

Why is he that bad?

no he actually comes across as a very good coach, but I really don't like Rochdale, so obviously didn't like him when he was there.I think someone like that who's worked on a tight budget before is what we need. These ex players who've only had a couple of gigs at big clubs aren't worth the risk. Someone who knows the lower divisions is more of a realistic target for us.

Edited by wonky, 26 February 2014 - 09:31 PM.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#12 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,844 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:12 PM

I think quite a lot of people can be accused of that Geordie, including yourself, each time they pass an opinion but it's a forum where people can express their opinons.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#13 Coachman

Coachman
  • Banned
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:16 PM

Well a lot seem to think they know about running the club AND coaching so maybe if they applied they'd kill 2 birds with one stone and we'd be guaranteed some new signings and guaranteed to stay up.

Quote of the year so far! Lol

#14 troutmaster

troutmaster
  • 840 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:24 PM

thanks david.

Posted Image

#15 Ziggazagga

Ziggazagga
  • Players
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:16 PM

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

A young lad from Egremont, Steve Caton is in advanced talks to get the vacant role. I know a lot about the lad. First and foremost he is a diehard Town Fan, he would give everything for the famous crest. He wears his heart on his sleeve, and cares about the club, something which is needed in order to succeed. As for his rugby knowledge, it's up there with the best. He played at a high level before a serious injury stripped him of his dream of playing Super League with Town. Since then he has worked tirelessly in improving his tactical awareness of the beautiful game. He is currently working towards his Level 3 badge,so meets the required standard. Over the last few year he has been the head coach of Egremont U12s, he turned them into a force to be reckoned with, even going a full season without defeat, which is truly remarkable. He likes his teams to play with a stylish ball game but drills it to his players that defence is key.

This guy could take Town to the next level, easily the best candidate around.

#16 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:46 PM

Sounds more like Don Gailer!

#17 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:32 AM

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

A young lad from Egremont, Steve Caton is in advanced talks to get the vacant role. I know a lot about the lad. First and foremost he is a diehard Town Fan, he would give everything for the famous crest. He wears his heart on his sleeve, and cares about the club, something which is needed in order to succeed. As for his rugby knowledge, it's up there with the best. He played at a high level before a serious injury stripped him of his dream of playing Super League with Town. Since then he has worked tirelessly in improving his tactical awareness of the beautiful game. He is currently working towards his Level 3 badge,so meets the required standard. Over the last few year he has been the head coach of Egremont U12s, he turned them into a force to be reckoned with, even going a full season without defeat, which is truly remarkable. He likes his teams to play with a stylish ball game but drills it to his players that defence is key.

hahaha cheers for that!! 😂 . For ###### sake! Haha

#18 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:27 AM

Sounds more like Don Gailer!

Haha il Don Gailer ya!! ;)

#19 troutmaster

troutmaster
  • 840 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:49 PM

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

Haha,he got his rugby knowledge from his Dad.I know he had all 3 of the boys on the fields at the mont teaching them the skills needed for the game,our Thomas and Malcolm played for Cumbria has young lads and our Malcolm played for town,Steven played the game but he had a knee injury that put a stop to his game but successfully coaches the Egremont U12s and will know doubt go on to coach the first team if he chooses.Their dad is my brother and he use to use a Paramatta coaching manual so they had good coaching,our Thomas would have been a good player like our Malcolm but he decided to take up the guitar and that's another story :rap: ,but he would have played the game well in my opinion but, alas the music calmed the savage beast but he is a smashing lad are, are,Malcolm and Steven.Go on stevie lad..... :download: .PS.I would have no trouble in appointing Don gailer,he just managed the wrong club.

Edited by troutmaster, 27 February 2014 - 12:55 PM.

Posted Image

#20 havenandproud

havenandproud
  • Whitehaven
  • 125 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:21 PM

don gailer never managed the wrong club just wasnt capable of managing a team at our level,he was well out of his depth. 

haven and proud till i die

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users