Matchday Predictions

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#21 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 652 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:21 PM

Fev showed their class on the field while some of the supporters didn't in the terraces. Most of the fans were fantastic but don't bother bringing  the potty mouths back with you next time. We have had a tirade of complaints about foul language on our facebook pages. 

We've worked hard to get families through the turnstiles and don't need a few lame brains spoiling it for the majority.

Best team won on the day and the Fev second half performance was a lesson for our lads. Your 7 and 10 were particularly good.

#22 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,152 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:45 PM

Fev showed their class on the field while some of the supporters didn't in the terraces. Most of the fans were fantastic but don't bother bringing  the potty mouths back with you next time. We have had a tirade of complaints about foul language on our facebook pages. 

We've worked hard to get families through the turnstiles and don't need a few lame brains spoiling it for the majority.

Best team won on the day and the Fev second half performance was a lesson for our lads. Your 7 and 10 were particularly good.

You will always get the foul mouths. Even back in the 50's when I played amateur RL I was given abuse. Remarks about height, expertise, and quickness. It is always the biggest mouths that make the most noise and do absolutely nothing for the club

#23 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:49 PM

Spoke to a few Cru fans who said how they enjoyed the terrific atmosphere but thought a minority of our fans were disgraceful with their chanting and that they would be complaining to our club; Think Crusaders will upset a few good teams this season;

#24 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 652 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:52 PM

Spoke to a few Cru fans who said how they enjoyed the terrific atmosphere but thought a minority of our fans were disgraceful with their chanting and that they would be complaining to our club; Think Crusaders will upset a few good teams this season;

Its a real shame Phil.  The vast majority of the fans were absolutely fantastic and created a great atmosphere in the ground.  Lots of families with children have complained about a minority of foul mouthed louts who don't deserve to watch your fabulous team.

#25 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,815 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:18 PM

Weved no chance  av we for gods sake, we brought 7/800 fans we were all over your town drinkinging putting money your way all day and this is the shiiiiite we get. wish id  stayed at home and given you nothing

#26 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:37 PM

Weved no chance  av we for gods sake, we brought 7/800 fans we were all over your town drinkinging putting money your way all day and this is the shiiiiite we get. wish id  stayed at home and given you nothing

Nah nah nah Dave. I didn't go to the game today, but i'm still grateful to the landlord and his staff from a town called Ruthin (pronounced Rithin I think) , Me and the wife stayed in Chester a year or two ago and we went to Ruthin for a drink, we were able to drive back to Chester legally as we could not get served in Ruthin as the staff could not understand our English sccents. By the way does anyone know what Sasneig ####? means, because that's how a guy in a flat cap in the best room greeted us.

#27 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,158 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:07 PM

Dave your maths are really way off, at a guess we took approx 400 fans, people are only stating a fact that some of the foul and abusive language by a minority of our "fans" left a lot to be desired. It's nowt to do about how much money we spent while in Wrexham, it's about respect for others etc
Im Fev and im proud

#28 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 261 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:26 PM

there is no excuse for it

#29 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:56 AM

Getting back to the game - cant agree with the posts regarding giving Crusaders credit on the pitch

At times the game was played at Championship 1 pace with the constant slowing down for which they were rightfully punished for the constant rippings out of the ball and the second efforts, in the last 10 mins when it was all over a few sneaky cheap shots creeped in as well

Average in attack with their one opportunity leading to their one and only score which was a gift from us - Unbeaten in 18 months at home prior to yesterday so i am told, maybe i expected more from the Championship 1 champs - a massive wake up call for them for me

Off the pitch it was a great day allround and a great away turnout

Regarding us - The first half performance left a lot to be desired as creatively we were abysmal but JB clearly earned his crust at HT as we were a different team in the second half

Moore and Briggs looks like it could be a decent partnership based on yesterday, early signs are very encouraging, excellent that Briggs got a full 80 in with no reaction with his knee

Thought Bussey was going well at 9 till got injured but that might open the door for Kain now as well as Ellis coming back into the reckoning

The forwards ran it in well all game, thought Roche looked decent during his little spell

Etu tried hard yesterday and early signs are good, maybe the team tried too hard to get him over the line but he is a clear crowd favourite, in the second half he tended to drift inside most of the time and played the role of a battering ram a bit like Menzie Yere plays at Sheff, perhaps suited better in the centre?

As for Will Sharp he has got to be the bargain signing for us in the last few years, how he isnt at a SL club ill never know - the man is absolute class week in week out

Onwards to the Rochdale game now - i expect squad changes

Edited by elppaxr2i, 03 March 2014 - 09:58 AM.

#30 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,815 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:33 PM

Dave your maths are really way off, at a guess we took approx 400 fans, people are only stating a fact that some of the foul and abusive language by a minority of our "fans" left a lot to be desired. It's nowt to do about how much money we spent while in Wrexham, it's about respect for others etc

They didnt mind taken the £14 entrance fee off drunken fans though did they, they didnt mind taking money off already drunken fans to buy more ale neither. If there that concerned about language then shut the bars but we all know they will not do that because money spent is all it is to do with. Bet the landlord of the turf was rubbing his hands this morning

#31 PonteBlue

PonteBlue
  • Players
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:36 PM

Aye, agree with Maureen.

Think we have distributed tickets to local primary schools this week for the Rochdale game. Let's hope their first experience of the Rovers is a good one and they want to come back!

#32 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,815 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:39 PM

Dont take £14 of drunken fans to get in then old lad  its simple, get some security on the gate. You wont because that will cost you money, so before taking a moral high stance look at your own clubs failings.

No matter how drunk and abusive anyone was yesterday they would still have got in your ground, no matter how drunk and abusive they were yesterday they would still of got served ale. So if you want to attract more families try a bit harder

Edited by LOWFIELD, 03 March 2014 - 12:54 PM.

#33 frankb

frankb
  • Coach
  • 326 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:02 PM

The people at fault are the drunks who should not be drinking if they behave like idiots when they are drunk.

Am astonished anyone could blame anyone else rather than the idiots themselves.

#34 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,815 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:45 PM

The people at fault are the drunks who should not be drinking if they behave like idiots when they are drunk.

Am astonished anyone could blame anyone else rather than the idiots themselves.

If you got up to a nightclub drunk and abusive you wont get in simple, if you go to the bar in a pub drunk and abusive they wont serve you. Turn up hammered at Rovers and they wont let you in iv seen it a few times last year, seems at the Crusaders they will take anyones £14 drunk or not

Edited by LOWFIELD, 03 March 2014 - 03:48 PM.

#35 pont rover

pont rover
  • Coach
  • 468 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:32 PM

The club have posted a statement on the Official club site regarding the fans yesterday,sorry can't attach the link.

#36 Rover and out

Rover and out
  • Players
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:01 PM

Disagree with you lowfield, I like a drink but it doesn't turn me into an idiot and make start swearing and shouting abuse in front of families and children. If you're old enough to drink you're old enough to take responsibility of your actions. If you can't control yourself don't drink to excess

#37 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 215 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:13 PM

Hardman not being selected is due to disciplinary reasons alledgedly

Willing to give the coaching team a chance at this stage - apparently players are being dropped due to their stats from the stat man who we employed not being up to scratch from last weeks and previous games, if players are

Get used to the chopping and changing - its here to stay

Whats up with dropping the stats man?.

#38 sandalrover

sandalrover
  • Players
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:27 PM

I'm a pretty easy going bloke (in my own mind) who enjoys a pint but would like to think I know how to behave when I've had one.

I was at the match on Sunday and I was embarrassed by the behaviour of a small number of our fans.
For example -
" where the f#ck is Andy Kane."
" we're a right set of b@stards when we lose"
" sheep sh@ggers"
Whilst I may agree with the sentiment (particularly the first comment) I don't think it' puts the club in a good light to chant this at the match where families are present.
Of the small minority, a few we're falling down drunk. I don't think it's really fair to blame the host club for not being able to steward this, surely the onus is on the individual to behave in a socially acceptable manner.

I have no desire to start an argument on the points raised merely stating what I observed and how I felt.
Whilst posting I was impressed with the Crusaders both on and off the pitch. They gave us a good game in the first half and I found the fans and officials ( including the stewards) friendly and welcoming. I look forward to going back again.

#39 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:32 PM

Good to see the club taking action and contacting the people concerned If you cannot behave appropriate when drunk at matches don't get drunk simple as that there were many who had had a drink yesterday that were ok when in the ground so they wouldn't of been happy if they were not allowed in The club asked on a few occasions to stop using the language but it carried on you are doing the club you love no good at all it has to stop

Still had a good day though and thanks to NWC fans for making the game have a good atmosphere hope to see you soon

#40 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,815 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:42 PM

Disagree with you lowfield, I like a drink but it doesn't turn me into an idiot and make start swearing and shouting abuse in front of families and children. If you're old enough to drink you're old enough to take responsibility of your actions. If you can't control yourself don't drink to excess

But it does some and there are measures at nearly every club and social gathering to deal with them except in Wrexham it would seem. To carry on serving ale and taking money of some already drunken fans, then to later complain about there behaviour is hypocrisy

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Matchday, Predictions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users