Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Featherstone Rovers VS North Wales Crusaders

Matchday Predictions

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#41 rossco123

rossco123
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:09 PM

Lowfield 99% of your fans were a credit to your club .you sound like a politician to me always finding a way to blame somebody else, if adults can't be trusted to be responsible by themselves they will tarnish the name of your great club time and again.

#42 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:29 PM

Lowfield 99% of your fans were a credit to your club .you sound like a politician to me always finding a way to blame somebody else, if adults can't be trusted to be responsible by themselves they will tarnish the name of your great club time and again.

Look i dont really care how our fans behave, i care how i myself behave and i drank plenty and didnt say anything wrong to anyone, came home and had a good day, thats all i care about, what does get to me though is bars taking money off drunken people, serving them more drink then complaining later how they behaved

#43 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:30 PM

Whats up with dropping the stats man?.

?????? Think you have misread post - never suggest the stats man needs dropping

#44 rossco123

rossco123
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:43 PM

Ok so your fans turn up already drunk what happens when they get refused drinks in the ground, would they just accept that and behave themselves. I think we all know that would probably make matters a bit heated don't you think

#45 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,196 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:03 PM

Ok so your fans turn up already drunk what happens when they get refused drinks in the ground, would they just accept that and behave themselves. I think we all know that would probably make matters a bit heated don't you think

You are correct, it would have fuelled the situation and made matters much worse.
Im Fev and im proud

#46 genesis

genesis
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:18 PM

I'm sorry , but you have to realise that you are in a bigger league now , Youre next visitors will bring 80 fans . so don't slag us off for bringing 400 + Who ok got a little out of hand but filled your pockets. To be honest if you don't want to be in our league and whinge about it then get religated

#47 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:26 PM

The way the Crusaders fans stayed to applaud their team was exemplary after such a defeat; A friendly and very welcoming club;

#48 dogthebountyhunter

dogthebountyhunter
  • Coach
  • 436 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:29 PM

Lowfield appears to be one of those that have, and will continue to give Rovers a bad name. Grown adults should realise that swearing and being abusive in front of children is wrong... Unfortunately from what I can see, a larger that normal minority have always ruined Featherstone Rovers which is unfair to the genuinely nice people that support the club.

Imagine if in 1895 they had internet forums.............rugby league would not exist!

#49 genesis

genesis
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:33 PM

I agree, the folk that I met where true fans and I had a good chit chat in the Turf, Just a shame one or two may have tainted our club. but that's rugby and a part I love. Lets be honest we all song along to the songs. Well I did.

#50 rossco123

rossco123
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:35 PM

Whether teams bring 10 fans or 500 fans the ones that behave will always be made really welcome, but not idiots we would rather they stayed away thanks,,

#51 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 708 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:41 PM

I'm sorry , but you have to realise that you are in a bigger league now , Youre next visitors will bring 80 fans . so don't slag us off for bringing 400 + Who ok got a little out of hand but filled your pockets. To be honest if you don't want to be in our league and whinge about it then get religated

I don't think anyone was slagging off Featherstone Rovers; I welcome all rugby league supporters to the Racecourse and was genuinely excited about one of the biggest and best teams in the Championship visiting and yes we do welcome the large away support to the ground - for one thing it makes a great atmosphere when both sides have good support.  Our club is proud of it family oriented values.  The supporters always refer to each other as the Cru family. We have good support from families and we want to keep it that way. If supporters can't go to a game without 'effing and jeffing in front of children then they need to take a long look at themselves.

Of course we want to be in the Championship but that doesn't mean accepting unacceptable language. As Mureen said - its about respect.

#52 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:23 PM

Lowfield appears to be one of those that have, and will continue to give Rovers a bad name. Grown adults should realise that swearing and being abusive in front of children is wrong... Unfortunately from what I can see, a larger that normal minority have always ruined Featherstone Rovers which is unfair to the genuinely nice people that support the club.

So by having a different opinion to you i give the club a bad name then

Edited by LOWFIELD, 03 March 2014 - 11:42 PM.

#53 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,032 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:29 PM

Look i dont really care how our fans behave, i care how i myself behave and i drank plenty and didnt say anything wrong to anyone, came home and had a good day, thats all i care about, what does get to me though is bars taking money off drunken people, serving them more drink then complaining later how they behaved

What an absolutely cretinous series of posts you've made on this thread. Whether someone has drunk 'a few too many' or not, behaving like an animal in front of other people who may be offended is unacceptable and utterly moronic. What your club should be doing is rooting out those who clearly embarrassed Featherstone Rovers on Sunday and caused the uproar from Crusaders fans - not condoning their behaviour because they they were allowed to carry on drinking by bar staff. I've rarely seen any bar person turn away a customer for being a little tipsy - it just doesn't happen, and I suspect that you already know this. If you can't take responsibility for your own actions after you've had a few pints, then you don't deserve to be a in a sports stadium - or any public place, for that matter.

Edited by TheTerminator, 03 March 2014 - 11:32 PM.

Posted Image

#54 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:41 PM

What an absolutely cretinous series of posts you've made on this thread. Whether someone has drunk 'a few too many' or not, behaving like an animal in front of other people who may be offended is unacceptable and utterly moronic. What your club should be doing is rooting out those who clearly embarrassed Featherstone Rovers on Sunday and caused the uproar from Crusaders fans - not condoning their behaviour because they they were allowed to carry on drinking by bar staff. I've rarely seen any bar person turn away a customer for being a little tipsy - it just doesn't happen, and I suspect that you already know this. If you can't take responsibility for your own actions after you've had a few pints, then you don't deserve to be a in a sports stadium - or any public place, for that matter.

Easy calling someone a cretin hiding behind a key board isnt it, Behaving like animals? lets not let the truth get in the way of a good story hey. Drunken fans shouldnt of got through the turnstile end of, drunken fans shouldnt of been served alcohol, But no ones money was going to be turned away by the hard up Welsh team was it

#55 Mark H

Mark H
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:16 AM

There's nothing wrong with going to a match and having a few sherberts and having a good time,but lets not bring the name of Featherstone Rovers down with it.Featherstone Rovers is ( in my opinion ) the greatest community club going.Just look at all the fantastic work that's going on all around this club at the moment with the backing it 's now getting,to the unbelievable voluntary work going into the stadium development of which I'm sure we are all eternally grateful of and all the work put in by the representatives of Featherstone Rovers staff out in the community and surrounding areas.

I remember the first game I came to at POR,it was Jan 1991 against St Helens,yes the one where Alex Murphy kept his team in the dressing room an extra five minutes at half time whilst the Fev players froze and they stuffed us in the second half,I have never laughed so much at the comical comments from the Featherstone comedians around me in the crowd.Now you might wonder why I'm rambling on but prior to this from being a 7 year old boy to into my early 20's I watched Leeds but from that freezing January day in 91 I was hooked on Featherstone and now genuinely could not give two hoots about the Rhino's because even with all the success they have had they lack the sense of community and soul that this club has.

When I speak to fans from other clubs and tell them I support Featherstone,you can see the sense of forbodding etched in their furrowed brows as the memories of visits to POR come back to them and for 95% of them a wry smile followed by the comment of 'I used to love coming to Featherstone to my team play yours' but for the other 5% it was a comment about a minority of fans behaviour!

So the club statement released about the behaviour of the minority and pulling up the individuals about this behaviour,is correct,proper and in the good of the clubs interests,because when we do get into Super League let the support be vociferous and strong but let it be respectful to all around us too.

Forza Fev

Forza Fev

#56 knottla

knottla
  • Coach
  • 104 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:48 AM

Well said Mark.

#57 ethelred the unready

ethelred the unready
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:25 PM

Lowfield, like each of us, is entitled to his opinion. In fact there is a place in the world for people like Lowfield - people who have the ability to offer balanced and unprejudiced views of events in contrast to the blinkered views presented by many who post on this and other forums, people who have the temerity to suggest that we should take responsibility for our actions.

The world needs people like Lowfield who can remind us from time to time of the difference between right and wrong, lest we forget!

Edited by Maureen T-k, 04 March 2014 - 02:59 PM.
Text speak

#58 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 708 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:18 PM

Easy calling someone a cretin hiding behind a key board isnt it, Behaving like animals? lets not let the truth get in the way of a good story hey. Drunken fans shouldnt of got through the turnstile end of, drunken fans shouldnt of been served alcohol, But no ones money was going to be turned away by the hard up Welsh team was it

For a point of clarity - North Wales Crusaders receive NO income from the bar sales or food sales within the Racecourse stadium. The stadium is owned by Glyndwr University and they receive the income from the concessions.

NW Crusaders do not receive income from any sales in the Turf or Wetherspoons or any other pubs that sold beer on Sunday.

The club do receive income from the turnstiles and your point about not admitting drunken fans is a fair one and will be included in the club's review, as will the lack of effective stewarding.

#59 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:09 PM

To be fair your stewards were very friendly and helpful don't know what they could of done to stop the language. Regarding stopping drunken fans in the ground is over the top as fans can still behave with a drink in them . The fact is a few went too far on Sunday with a bit of luck the club will sort it they know who they are don't over react your club did nothing wrong

#60 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 708 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:06 PM

I think its only fair to include observations from Featherstone supporters in the review. There have been comments passed to me regarding he seating arrangements and the effectiveness of the stewarding as well as one or two Cru fans gesturing towards Featherstone fans. If we want to improver the fans experience at the Racecourse then we have to take all views on board.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Matchday, Predictions