Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Featherstone Rovers VS North Wales Crusaders

Matchday Predictions

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#61 The Grinder

The Grinder
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:58 PM

I think its only fair to include observations from Featherstone supporters in the review. There have been comments passed to me regarding he seating arrangements and the effectiveness of the stewarding as well as one or two Cru fans gesturing towards Featherstone fans. If we want to improver the fans experience at the Racecourse then we have to take all views on board.

Gogledd,

Be carefull not to go down the segregation route, I had a good conversaion talking to a couple sat behind us (Cru fans) it would be a shame to lose this interaction between supporters from different clubs.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

#62 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 668 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:08 PM

Gogledd,

Be carefull not to go down the segregation route, I had a good conversaion talking to a couple sat behind us (Cru fans) it would be a shame to lose this interaction between supporters from different clubs.

Segregation is not something I'm in favour of and I have made my views know to the club. I also like the interaction with other supporters throughout the day including in the stadium. My view is that fans like to sit/stand together to chant but there shouldn't be any restriction on fans wanting to mingle. The university end of the Racecourse Mold Road Stand (where most of the Fev fans were) was designated as the 'away end' but there was no restrictions on where people sat and I hope this will continue.

#63 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 224 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:01 PM

After all those comments, I am pleased that I did not attend. I have supped plenty in the past, but always in the right place. IMO, sport, of any nature and alcohol simply do not mix, causes nowt but problems.

#64 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:32 PM

There's always been chants and noises made. I used to travel extensively alone in my younger days to watch Fev away, (because of my job I lived in Leeds at the time), and never had any trouble. Why? Because I never wore my Fev shirt. That way I could mingle at any end and watch the game with impunity. I used to applaud ALL good moves and tries and had friendly chats with all about me. Even at Cas. The art of diplomacy. Mind I was alone and I kept well away from the noisy mob which existed even in those days and there was a bit of aggro.  People generally speaking are OK.

#65 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:45 PM

After all those comments, I am pleased that I did not attend. I have supped plenty in the past, but always in the right place. IMO, sport, of any nature and alcohol simply do not mix, causes nowt but problems.

Agreed.  I like nothing more than having a skin full, but can't ever imagine doing it at the Rugby.

Besides any behaviour issues, those who do drink plenty at a game must miss half of it going to the bog and back.

It's an important source of revenue for most clubs though, so it's a difficult circle to square.

#66 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:46 PM

The Cru club did nothing wrong; It was swearing that was the issue and that can be heard even if there is segregation; The only minor issue I had relating to the hosts was their chanting of "stand up for the crusaders" whereby their fans stood up and blocked the view of others; As I said this was a minor irritation for visiting fans otherwise I really enjoyed my visit to Wrexham;

#67 genesis

genesis
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:46 PM

well to be honest about this whole sad affair. I myself had a great day out and met many nice folk. I did stay away from our drunken idiots, well you do don't you. But to all you in North Wales I wish you the best and thanks personally for  a teriffic day.

#68 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:22 PM

Segregation is not something I'm in favour of and I have made my views know to the club. I also like the interaction with other supporters throughout the day including in the stadium. My view is that fans like to sit/stand together to chant but there shouldn't be any restriction on fans wanting to mingle. The university end of the Racecourse Mold Road Stand (where most of the Fev fans were) was designated as the 'away end' but there was no restrictions on where people sat and I hope this will continue.

Are you going to do anything about your players finger gesture to the fans??

#69 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 668 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:32 PM

Are you going to do anything about your players finger gesture to the fans??

the review of the event means just that. All incidents will be reviewed including any reaction by our supporters and our players. I am sure that it was only one of the Crusaders players reacting to 40 or so people chanting about his physique unless you have any other information.

I'd be interested to know what Featherstone are doing to curb the foul and abusive language heard at the Racecourse.

PS if you check my previous post I have passed on comments from yourself and other Featherstone fans regarding stewarding and reaction to the chanting from our fans.

#70 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:57 PM

the review of the event means just that. All incidents will be reviewed including any reaction by our supporters and our players. I am sure that it was only one of the Crusaders players reacting to 40 or so people chanting about his physique unless you have any other information.

I'd be interested to know what Featherstone are doing to curb the foul and abusive language heard at the Racecourse.

PS if you check my previous post I have passed on comments from yourself and other Featherstone fans regarding stewarding and reaction to the chanting from our fans.

irrelevant what the fans chanted to him, the finger gesture was given to all fans women and children inclusive. Any pro-semi pro player worth his salt wouldnt react to whatever any fan shouted at him. You have the brass neck to tell us not to bring the potty mouths next time, as though WE can do anything about it, but fail to mention the disgusting act of 1 of your own players in front of women and children

Edited by LOWFIELD, 08 March 2014 - 05:02 PM.

#71 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,889 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 05:43 PM

If we hadnt have been chanting "you fat b......." to him in first instance maybe he might not have reacted as that is what he reacted to

Although it was meant in jest it was us who probably started it

I trust the relevent investigation, complaints, reviews have been completed - Think we should all move on now

Edited by elppaxr2i, 08 March 2014 - 05:57 PM.

#72 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:10 PM

If we hadnt have been chanting "you fat b......." to him in first instance maybe he might not have reacted as that is what he reacted to

Although it was meant in jest it was us who probably started it

I trust the relevent investigation, complaints, reviews have been completed - Think we should all move on now

Probably a dozen people were chanting that, his finger gesture was made to everyone. Be great to move on wouldnt it the fact we had to go to explain OURSELVES to red hall means others havent moved on

#73 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:25 PM

Probably a dozen people were chanting that, his finger gesture was made to everyone. Be great to move on wouldnt it the fact we had to go to explain OURSELVES to red hall means others havent moved on

Yes maybe a dozen or so were singing this, but it was for all to hear. I've tried hard not to comment today on this topic, but if I remember Dave, you were one of the people last week on Facebook urging people to move on from last Sunday. Let the people in power deal with the situation and let's stop a slanging match!!!

I didn't see the gesture either!!!

Edited by Maureen T-k, 08 March 2014 - 07:27 PM.

Im Fev and im proud

#74 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:39 PM

Yes maybe a dozen or so were singing this, but it was for all to hear. I've tried hard not to comment today on this topic, but if I remember Dave, you were one of the people last week on Facebook urging people to move on from last Sunday. Let the people in power deal with the situation and let's stop a slanging match!!!

I didn't see the gesture either!!!

But then i found out 1 of our officials had to go to Red Hall over it in the week, its irrelevant how many chant if the player cant handle that he would last no more than 5 mins playing amateur rugby

#75 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 668 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:58 PM

Once again - for clarity - ALL the points raised by Fev fans on here have been forwarded to our board of directors for inclusion in the review of the day - including foul and abusive language, our fans reactions, our players reactions and the stewarding.  I hope that any points raised will be addressed by our club as necessary.

#76 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 709 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:30 PM

To be honest its all gone a bit stupid , ive heard chanting including swearing to referees etc at loads of superleague games recently and ive never heard of anything being investigated , i also got called allsorts playing amateur and its hard when your in the thick of contact not to react , all blown up as usual where fevs concerned when the massive majority mixed well and had a great day out

Edited by dydo, 08 March 2014 - 08:49 PM.

#77 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:49 PM

Although it was wrong last week after been asked several times to stop the language I cannot believe an official has had to go to Red Hall ( if true ) I heard language on Sky sports the week about the ref and every time Warrington are on TV you here that fans chanting the obvious to them

#78 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 668 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:58 PM

Although it was wrong last week after been asked several times to stop the language I cannot believe an official has had to go to Red Hall ( if true ) I heard language on Sky sports the week about the ref and every time Warrington are on TV you here that fans chanting the obvious to them

To be honest its all gone a bit stupid , ive heard chanting including swearing to referees etc at loads of superleague games recently and ive never heard of anything being investigated , i also got called allsorts playing amateur and its hard when your in the thick of contact not to react , all blown up as usual where fevs concerned when the massive majority mixed well and had a great day out

Does that make it OK then?  Should our club ignore their numerous complaints from families who attended the game?

And its not where Featherstone are concerned Dydo; Our CEO has written to ALL Championship clubs explaining our position regarding fans using foul and abusive language at the Racecourse.  We respect the family values expressed by your chairman in his statement on your website and expect fans to respect the same values when they visit the Racecourse.

#79 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:27 PM

Does that make it OK then?  Should our club ignore their numerous complaints from families who attended the game?

And its not where Featherstone are concerned Dydo; Our CEO has written to ALL Championship clubs explaining our position regarding fans using foul and abusive language at the Racecourse.  We respect the family values expressed by your chairman in his statement on your website and expect fans to respect the same values when they visit the Racecourse.

Will your CEO be writing to Jono?????

#80 Number 7

Number 7
  • Coach
  • 144 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:41 AM

But then i found out 1 of our officials had to go to Red Hall over it in the week, its irrelevant how many chant if the player cant handle that he would last no more than 5 mins playing amateur rugby

Strange that!!! considering he's played amateur  all his life until joining the NWC!

Please stop grasping at straws to deflect away from the true topic, that being some of your fans let your club down. This has happened at other clubs and no doubt will happen again and again, some times worse than others but that's how it goes.

Don't get me wrong I'm no angel and the odd expletive does slip out mostly in frustration,  but to continuously chant and swear, as has been witnessed and  reported especially after being repeatedly asked to stop over the tanoy system, just can't be condoned by anyone and has rightly been condemned by your own  Fev fans. 

As for Jono I'm sure that the management team at NWC will look at the matter and do what is necessary.

Move on mate and let them that are dealing with it do their job and sort it.

Shan't be commenting any further.

New game, new day.

Regards 7 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Matchday, Predictions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users