Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Kick off times

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 bazbulldog

bazbulldog
  • Coach
  • 159 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:02 PM

At the Ron Earnshaw breakfast club on Tuesday, Paul Harrison asked for any ideas to help boost  attendances and asked if reverting to a 3 pm kick off would help,it doesn't matter 

to me what time we kick off but what does any one else think?

#2 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:11 PM

think its a yes from me  :sclerosis: , revert back to 3pm

#3 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:20 PM

Friday 7:30pm for local games i.e. Yorkshire. 3pm Sunday everyone else

Edited by Piggy's mate, 27 February 2014 - 05:20 PM.

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#4 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:22 PM

3pm sunday is better for me , 730 friday would be a no go unless it was my day off

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#5 Sir Jekyll Stocking

Sir Jekyll Stocking
  • Coach
  • 887 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:05 PM

2pm Sunday better for me (and those I bring from Calderdale).

Friday evenings would mean none of us come.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

#6 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 926 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:29 PM

dont mind 2 or 3 kickoff, 3 gives you time for shopping sunday morning and still get to the game, also 3 gives yer breakfast time to settle before going on lash. best way to boost attendances is some quality signings,

i would a loved to see tommy saxton run down slope in a batley shirt... :(

#7 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 232 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:41 PM

I like 2pm.

#8 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 661 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:48 PM

2pm for me. 3pm would mean I would miss most games. 5 of the guys that come with me would be in the same boat.

#9 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:35 PM

Friday night home games would get my vote.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#10 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:01 PM

Friday night home games would get my vote.

I think that would be an interesting experiment but would not probably be trialled due to our club's reluctance to use the floodlights. It would also have to be trialled for a whole season at least so that it becomes a regular part of people's start to the weekend. There is of course the clash with Leeds which may have an adverse influence on a crowd then

I would also be interested to know what else was discussed at the meeting, with particular reference to increasing the visibility of our team and club in the town, especially after the comments by Gary Coyle. If it really is as cheap as he says, I personally would be happy to contribute the cost of a number of banners for display around town, though I suspect it isn't the actual cost of the banners themselves, but the cost of displaying them.

#11 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 231 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:09 PM

3pm was ok for me 2pm means i miss a few matches due to working sindays . Im sure 3pm would help as 2 pm isnt that popular with most people . Also why not try to advertise in the white rose it attracts lots of people everyday

#12 Rab C

Rab C
  • Coach
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:27 PM

I was under the impression that the 2pm Ko suits JK and his media commitments?

Said it before, I'll say it again. To improve crowds the club needs to do some leg work.
1. Have more of a presence in the town, Tescos & J27 retail park a armed with the mascot, handing out kids free tickets with every paying adult. These places are rammed on weekends. But this has to be done in a regular basis. Not just one Saturday for a hour. Ideally every Saturday prior to a home game.
2. Get in the local schools. Plan to be at school spring/summer fair's/after school clubs again with the mascot dishing out kids free with every paying adult tickets. Kids are the future generation!
3. Link up with the bigger companies: Foxes/Kalon etc. give them ticket inventive's; say for ever 10 guaranteed tickets sold (cash up front) offer them a percentage off/reduction. Maybe a one off discount on the match hospitality, Lure these companies in and forge a link. Show them what they are missing.
4. Make more use of social media. Twitter/Facebook promotions, free ticket comps? Again it's about getting the brand out there and generating interest.

I don't understand why there wasn't a big push on season tickets sales/insentive, after the grandfinal appearance. It's obvious the club can't just expect the masses to turn up. The bandwagoners are out there, I saw them at Blackpool & Leigh. If only the club captured half of them on a regular basis, just imagine.

But also the team need to perform to back all the above up.

#13 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:37 PM

Said it before, I'll say it again. To improve crowds the club needs to do some leg work.
1. Have more of a presence in the town, Tescos & J27 retail park a armed with the mascot, handing out kids free tickets with every paying adult. These places are rammed on weekends. But this has to be done in a regular basis. Not just one Saturday for a hour. Ideally every Saturday prior to a home game.
2. Get in the local schools. Plan to be at school spring/summer fair's/after school clubs again with the mascot dishing out kids free with every paying adult tickets. Kids are the future generation!
3. Link up with the bigger companies: Foxes/Kalon etc. give them ticket inventive's; say for ever 10 guaranteed tickets sold (cash up front) offer them a percentage off/reduction. Maybe a one off discount on the match hospitality, Lure these companies in and forge a link. Show them what they are missing.
4. Make more use of social media. Twitter/Facebook promotions, free ticket comps? Again it's about getting the brand out there and generating interest.
I don't understand why there wasn't a big push on season tickets sales/insentive, after the grandfinal appearance. It's obvious the club can't just expect the masses to turn up. The bandwagoners are out there, I saw them at Blackpool & Leigh. If only the club captured half of them on a regular basis, just imagine.

All good ideas. One problem though - who is going to be in town, up at J27 etc., going into the local schools?

#14 Rab C

Rab C
  • Coach
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:49 PM

All good ideas. One problem though - who is going to be in town, up at J27 etc., going into the local schools?

Do the club not have community staff anymore? Theres a general manager in Iro, does he not get a salary? Directors? Players? Come on this Batley RLFC not an amature club relying on meat drawers. Yes I understand a lot of volenteers help out, but as I mentioned in the outset the club has to do some leg work.

#15 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:34 PM

Do the club not have community staff anymore? Theres a general manager in Iro, does he not get a salary? Directors? Players? Come on this Batley RLFC not an amature club relying on meat drawers. Yes I understand a lot of volenteers help out, but as I mentioned in the outset the club has to do some leg work.

Absolutely spot on. The club's lack of visibility remains appalling, yet there are salaried employees who - on the face of it, appear to be doing little in terms of improving the situation. In Batley town centre and the surrounding area there is absolutely NO indication whatsoever that Batley Bulldogs even exists. On the back of two major finals in four years, that's pretty staggering. Surely more can be done. As you say, we're a professional outfit - and a business. Although our finances are limited, more should be getting done in this area. Are those in pole position to boost our profile exploring the right avenues, and are they trained/qualified in how to do so? Given the fact that there isn't a single poster or advertisement on display in a town centre less than a mile from our ground, I feel that this is a question which must be answered. Maybe those concerned are working hard behind the scenes and I'm being overly critical? However, if they are, their current efforts are ineffective.

Edited by TheTerminator, 27 February 2014 - 11:39 PM.

Posted Image

#16 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:16 AM

We was the exact same last season at dewsbury but to be fair this season the club are working on Improving crowds and sponsorship. Robyn Morrison is marketing manager at the rams and so far as put bags of new things in place to improve crowds . We topped 2,000 v fev and although they was a big following from fev they was also a slight bigger home support than usual. This probably due to the fact we had a good pre season but we also had 4 junior teams playing at halftime, each who had parents and family with them. This will happen every week at the rams and helps add to the gate Aswel as potentially enticing them to come back to future games. On top of this Robyn and the club have,as of next week linked with the reporter to put free vouchers for under 12s in the paper for each week we have an home fixture. The club are also about to distribute flyers for free admission for under 16s with a paying adult and have asked supporters to help distribute them. Think roger ram and volunteers will be down town at some point dishing them out in dewsbury, hopefully with the cheerleaders and afew players. Robyn as also re kick started out community programme and will be getting qualified coaches from the first team into schools to teach local junior boys and will herself provide cheer lessons, probs for the girls. All these are ideas what's been announced and imsure Robyn will come up with a lot more. She's qualified in marketing and was parramatta marketing manager back when Glenn was in the nrl. On top of all this plus the big improvements were making on and off the field Aswel as having a maskot who constantly promotes the club in confident wel see a rise in our crowds this year. The club have also started using twitter Facebook and the website a lot more and day to day happenings and news from the club are always announced. Something that last season we didn't do which sounds like batley are now in the same boat

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 28 February 2014 - 12:21 AM.

#17 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:40 AM

3pm for me

#18 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 231 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:37 AM

Aving read the ideas of going to j32 and socil media like them all. Hope club take notice and puts these ideas into place .

#19 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 785 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:01 PM

jk films on a monday club didn't know until someone from sky told them and club looking to change expect something from a certain few in schools/ clubs and things as the they set up a batley foundation which is a charity in community

#20 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 231 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:17 PM

How is that the club didnt know this ? Why was he not asked and why not tell ur employers this then we would be still kicking off at 3pm and i for one might not miss as many matches due to working sundays with a 2pm finish .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users