Team for Sheffield and predictions

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 RobinHoodHawk

RobinHoodHawk
  • Coach
  • 565 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:18 PM

Eagles winger Scott Turner got two tries - 5 in two for him.
Also two Scott Turners playing with two on their shirts - opposite each other.
Well done to Barrow and your loyal travelling faithful - you really wanted it more today.
Eagles - need to learn very quickly on that short and narrow pitch.
I'm not sure you can call Owlerton a dump- it is one of the smartest set ups I've seen. Plenty if bars , food, TV with time delay, welcoming , cosy and good atmosphere. Viewing is not great but go upstairs and watch in luxury otherwise.
Safe journey and always look forward to the journey and visit to Craven Park when the weather is much better.

#42 GETEMONSIDE

GETEMONSIDE
  • Coach
  • 287 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:49 PM

League table is

Leigh           9points

Dewsbury    9

Fev              7

Donny          6

Keighley       6

Batley           6

Fax               5

Town            4

Crusaders    3

Barrow         3

Swinton        2

Sheffield       1

Haven          0

Hornets        0

Can you revise the table to show Whitehaven at the bottom please? :biggrin:

Congratulations  on your impressive win today.

Always have been always will be the pride of West Cumbria!

#43 richie keay

richie keay

Tipping Comp Winner

• Coach
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:52 PM

Well done lads on a fantastic perfromance today, you've made my weekend and proved the doubters wrong including me, what the hell do I know anyway. You've also given me confidence that we can kick on now and avoid the drop.

I hope the players enjoued the coach trip home with a few beers because you certainly earned them this week!

Edited by richie keay, 02 March 2014 - 07:53 PM.

Posted Image

#44 Alias

Alias
  • Coach
  • 247 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:53 PM

Eagles winger Scott Turner got two tries - 5 in two for him.
Also two Scott Turners playing with two on their shirts - opposite each other.
Well done to Barrow and your loyal travelling faithful - you really wanted it more today.
Eagles - need to learn very quickly on that short and narrow pitch.
I'm not sure you can call Owlerton a dump- it is one of the smartest set ups I've seen. Plenty if bars , food, TV with time delay, welcoming , cosy and good atmosphere. Viewing is not great but go upstairs and watch in luxury otherwise.
Safe journey and always look forward to the journey and visit to Craven Park when the weather is much better.

Thoroughly enjoyed the day . To be honest I thought the ground was ok . Nice bar etc although a bit pricey compared to our own bar. One of our players commented the ground itself was great to play on so that counts for something . Well done to the lads today . Truly superb performances from each one of you . Well worth the 5 hour car trip ;)

#45 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:11 PM

well done team and all supporters who went down. im sure you defo make a difference for the lads when they run out. I was hoping for a bonus point so this  result playing last seasons champs is brilliant and going down there as well. lets carry  the performance into next week and get down there in numbers.

#46 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,866 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:39 PM

A very good totally unexpected win by your lads today, well done.    It should make for a good game next week with Town.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#47 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 421 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:53 PM

What a difference a week makes! That's the beauty of sport - you always get the chance to put things right, the next week. And how you put them right! Nice one!!

#48 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 885 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:58 PM

Well done Barrrrrrrrrrr on a great win today, lets hope for a good game next week ( town win tho ;) )

#49 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:43 PM

It's 2014 and I want to have a seat at a game.
At this level that should be an absolute requirement.
Sheffield are one of my favourite clubs and I know they are trying to do their best but in my opinion Owlerton is not nearly good enough.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#50 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:11 PM

Well done barrow on a brilliant win today, should be a cracker next week

#51 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:16 AM

Owlerton is a shocking place, I still have nightmares about a Leigh game there late Eighties

#52 Raider94

Raider94
  • Coach
  • 304 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:36 AM

- highlights from the game yesterday

Tom Heighton

#53 RobinHoodHawk

RobinHoodHawk
  • Coach
  • 565 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:54 AM

There was plenty of seats available - it was the first match and maybe folk weren't aware of the many bars and seating .

Owlerton has moved a long way since the eighties - dont judge till you have had the experience eh ?

It's 2014 and I want to have a seat at a game.
At this level that should be an absolute requirement.
Sheffield are one of my favourite clubs and I know they are trying to do their best but in my opinion Owlerton is not nearly good enough.

#54 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 886 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:11 PM

I for one really enjoyed yesterday. Looking back at some of the grounds we have played Owlerton is not that bad. Admittingly there were no seats. What I couldnt understand is why have a bar just for season ticket holders. On a cold day like it was I felt kind of sorry for some people. Hospitality upstairs was great but how are they gonna make any money when you employ so many people. I counted at laest 50. Even if they were on minimum wage working 5 hours. Thats around £1500 for the day.

FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#55 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:28 PM

Did the pigs go back straight after the game, and how many were slaughtered for the hog roast?

Great thinking from Morty to hoof the ball upfield

#56 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:42 PM

There was plenty of seats available - it was the first match and maybe folk weren't aware of the many bars and seating .
Owlerton has moved a long way since the eighties - dont judge till you have had the experience eh ?

The two stewards I asked were emphatic that there were no seats.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#57 weststiger

weststiger
  • Players
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:55 PM

Just viewed the clip from Sundays game,a lot to improve on,they let Sheffield in for too many soft metres,but a win is a win,should put town away at home,if they have taken anything out of that game,wish I could be there,used to love the games against wukington in the 70s/80s.

#58 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:13 PM

Just viewed the clip from Sundays game,a lot to improve on,they let Sheffield in for too many soft metres,but a win is a win,should put town away at home,if they have taken anything out of that game,wish I could be there,used to love the games against wukington in the 70s/80s.

You are joking aren't you?

#59 Alias

Alias
  • Coach
  • 247 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:02 PM

It was a 7 minute clip !! You missed one of the best performances in a long time . Good grief man

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users