Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Best pub to drink Sunday- Turf hotel

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 CrusadersNW

CrusadersNW
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:56 PM

Hi all.
My name is Wayne I'm the landlord of the turf hotel attached to the racecourse stadium here in wrexham and home to the crusaders. We are literately within spitting distance of the turnstiles. The atmosphere on match days is electric and I know the CRU fans along with myself and my staff are very much looking forward to meeting you lot on Sunday. (Playing teams of your calibre is what we have worked for) we have a cracking jukebox (usually blaring out tom jones) beer garden, we also serve very reasonable priced hot food and actually reduce the beer on a match day to £2 for carlsberg or marstons smooth, guest ales are very reasonable also. I have two large car parks and can close one off if you lot wish to park your coaches here for a quick or easy get away. I will need to be informed should anyone wish to park though so I can corner the car park off. Just let me know. 07810323806. Nout else to say other than hope you have a great day out in North Wales and we look forward to seeing you all in the turf for a good song song. CRU CRU crusaders! Cheers Wayne.

#2 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,167 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:42 PM

Hi all.
My name is Wayne I'm the landlord of the turf hotel attached to the racecourse stadium here in wrexham and home to the crusaders. We are literately within spitting distance of the turnstiles. The atmosphere on match days is electric and I know the CRU fans along with myself and my staff are very much looking forward to meeting you lot on Sunday. (Playing teams of your calibre is what we have worked for) we have a cracking jukebox (usually blaring out tom jones) beer garden, we also serve very reasonable priced hot food and actually reduce the beer on a match day to £2 for carlsberg or marstons smooth, guest ales are very reasonable also. I have two large car parks and can close one off if you lot wish to park your coaches here for a quick or easy get away. I will need to be informed should anyone wish to park though so I can corner the car park off. Just let me know. 07810323806. Nout else to say other than hope you have a great day out in North Wales and we look forward to seeing you all in the turf for a good song song. CRU CRU crusaders! Cheers Wayne.

Thank you for the information, will see you there
Im Fev and im proud

#3 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 662 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:42 PM

I can tell you that Wayne and his staff go above and beyond the call of duty in their service to Crusaders fans. They open early for us for breakfasts before away trips. Its the pub that we celebrate our wins and mourn our losses. We sing, drink and eat in the Turf and you are quite welcome to join the Crusaders fans for a pint and a song.  Support the Turf - its a great pub that looks after us all as RL fans.

See you all on Sunday. Welach chi Dydd Sul

Safe journey.

#4 PonteBlue

PonteBlue
  • Coach
  • 103 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:16 PM

Hi all.

Sounds good.

Singing along to Tom Jones eh.........................it's not unusual!

#5 Darren Hill

Darren Hill
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:08 PM

How big is your carpark mate, last count there was four coaches coming. Sounds like it will be a good atmosphereand looking forward to your hospitality.

NL2 GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2007
CHAMPIONSHIP WINNERS 2010
Championship Winners 2011
Championship Champions 2011

#6 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,167 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 03:49 PM

How big is your carpark mate, last count there was four coaches coming. Sounds like it will be a good atmosphereand looking forward to your hospitality.

There's 6 coaches at the last count
Im Fev and im proud

#7 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 662 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 04:14 PM

Can I suggest you ring Wayne on the number above as he's not a regular poster on here.  The car park isn't huge but I am sure he'll make the beat arrangements possible for your coaches.

Have a safe journey to all Featherstone fans making the trip.

#8 The Grinder

The Grinder
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:13 PM

There's 6 coaches at the last count

Maureen,

When was the last time that Fev took 6 coaches to an away league fixture (not playoff or cup game)?

Wouldn't be surprised if it was pre SL.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

#9 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,167 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:49 PM

Maureen,

When was the last time that Fev took 6 coaches to an away league fixture (not playoff or cup game)?

Wouldn't be surprised if it was pre SL.

Dave, I cannot remember, when I helped run the supporters club pre super league, Fev branch used to take two sometimes, and Knottla/Ponty branch took one. The nut- bus crew also had one. This then dwindled to nut- bus plus one Fev supporters as others couldn't raise enough interest to fill their bus.

Edited by Maureen T-k, 01 March 2014 - 10:50 PM.

Im Fev and im proud

#10 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 708 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:59 PM

Can remember a few times when the nut bus had to be a double decker , made on the buses look like university challenge .

#11 The Grinder

The Grinder
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:01 PM

Dave, I cannot remember, when I helped run the supporters club pre super league, Fev branch used to take two sometimes, and Knottla/Ponty branch took one. The nut- bus crew also had one. This then dwindled to nut- bus plus one Fev supporters as others couldn't raise enough interest to fill their bus.

Me neither, as a kid I used to travel on the Knottla bus with my uncle, who would leave me with Bertha (who ran the Knotta bus) to watch over me. Now she was a character :)

#12 The Grinder

The Grinder
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:03 PM

Can remember a few times when the nut bus had to be a double decker , made on the buses look like university challenge .

I can remember when we struggled to fill a minibus "Nut bus" and not that log ago

#13 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 708 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:08 PM

The 80s an early 90s will take some beating for the nut bus used to be great especially up in cumbria ,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users