Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

And today's Ukip blunder is ...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
110 replies to this topic

#101 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,172 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:19 PM

It could hardly be clearer if that was what we were arguing about however the original point that I still maintain is rubbish was that people were being turned away from nightclubs because they weren't Gay or Gay enough. So far you have been unable to provide anything other than weak anecdotal references so I still don't think it happens. I have never been turned away from a club of any description due to my sexuality, unless being a drunken tw@ counts as sexuality.

https://twitter.com/...247796713586688

That's the Twitter account of G.A.Y.'s promoter

My birthday wish is for little girls to realise that G-A-Y is a lesbian & gay club so there's only ONE DIRECTION & thats No Direction 4 them

I daresay you'll find some pretext for saying that it is merely anecdotal. 

#102 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,172 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:21 PM

Oh and in case there was any confusion.

£3 Wrist Bands for ONE DIRECTION At G-A-Y tonight available at G-A-Y Bar, hoping the name G-A-Y, isnt too Subtle???? It's G-A-Y not Str8

#103 Shadow

Shadow
  • Coach
  • 8,040 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:38 PM

If he actually got turned away in person he'd claim it wasn't the real doorman but actually a lizard in disguise as a conspiracy

It's hard to believe that if there were reports of gay people being turned away from clubs for "being gay" and the (in)justice of this was being debated in Straight Times, that he would say "It's all lies because the owner of the club hasn't admitted it and anyway it's never happened to me".

Shall I bother to take part in this or do you two just want to waffle on about what you think I might say in some frankly ludicrous hypothetical situations you conjure up?

God Rides a Harley but the Devil rides a Ducati!

#104 Shadow

Shadow
  • Coach
  • 8,040 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:40 PM

https://twitter.com/...247796713586688

That's the Twitter account of G.A.Y.'s promoter

My birthday wish is for little girls to realise that G-A-Y is a lesbian & gay club so there's only ONE DIRECTION & thats No Direction 4 them

I daresay you'll find some pretext for saying that it is merely anecdotal. 

Oh and in case there was any confusion.

£3 Wrist Bands for ONE DIRECTION At G-A-Y tonight available at G-A-Y Bar, hoping the name G-A-Y, isnt too Subtle???? It's G-A-Y not Str8

The management are making a point that the bar is aimed at Gay people, not pre-pubescent hyperventilating girls screaming at Harry Stiles.

They are not saying "Straights keep out"

You do know what "proof" means don't you? Just agreeing with each other doesn't make it true.

God Rides a Harley but the Devil rides a Ducati!

#105 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,172 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:20 PM

The management are making a point that the bar is aimed at Gay people, not pre-pubescent hyperventilating girls screaming at Harry Stiles.

They are not saying "Straights keep out"

You do know what "proof" means don't you? Just agreeing with each other doesn't make it true.

I think your definition of "proof" varies from case to case. Certainly nothing would ever be proven if only admission of guilt was seen as proof.

It is certainly strange that the gay press are comfortable about discussing this. Some are in favour of gay only clubs, some not but I've yet to come across anyone who flat out denies that the policy exists. Everyone pro or anti just takes it as read.

#106 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,079 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:04 PM

What about the definition of proof?

:ph34r: ;)

Incidentally, are there any high-profile UKIP candidates that are openly gay? I can't say that I've noticed any with a significant media profile.

I would have thought that standard demographics would indicate that the party must have some gay members. Electorally, it should be engaging with voters from the gay community and seeking donations from the pink pound.

Edited by Wolford6, 10 March 2014 - 08:18 PM.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#107 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:10 PM

Incidentally, are there any high-profile UKIP candidates that are openly gay? I can't say that I've noticed any with a significant media profile.

I would have thought that standard demographics would indicate that the party must have some gay members. Electorally, it should be engaging with voters from the gay community and seeking donations from the pink pound.

There was a lesbian UKIP MEP but she's an independent now. I think she left because she wouldn't sit in the European of Freedom and Democracy grouping due to the presence of the Slovak National Party or something along those lines. Nikki something IIRC

#108 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,172 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:30 PM

On another forum I post on, there are two lefties who have this "hilarious" in-joke that it is an open secret that Farage is gay and they can't believe that the rest of the world doesn't see it.

#109 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:43 AM

On another forum I post on, there are two lefties who have this "hilarious" in-joke that it is an open secret that Farage is gay and they can't believe that the rest of the world doesn't see it.

Now you come to mention it hmmmmm?

#110 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,149 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:52 AM

she wouldn't sit in the European of Freedom and Democracy grouping due to the presence of the Slovak National Party or something along those lines. 

Nikki Sinclaire apparently.  She was expelled from Ukip for it.

On the other hand Trever Colman also left the grouping but has stayed in Ukip.

(Thanks wiki).

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#111 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,629 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:59 AM

This thread has completely lost it. Time to move on.

Locked.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users