Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

A post from a fellow fan.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 bigred

bigred
  • Coach
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:14 PM

I can't believe that at least two posters above have said they would want Hamilton to stay at the club if they won the lottery and invested their winnings!
I wonder if they would have let Jimmy Savile childmind their kids too?
Would have been less of a risk than putting your money in the hands of that fella!
Even Tommy Cone saw sense and kept his money away and he's not the brightest apple on the tree!

#22 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 591 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:26 PM

I can't believe that at least two posters above have said they would want Hamilton to stay at the club if they won the lottery and invested their winnings!
I wonder if they would have let Jimmy Savile childmind their kids too?
Would have been less of a risk than putting your money in the hands of that fella!
Even Tommy Cone saw sense and kept his money away and he's not the brightest apple on the tree!

you are well out of order. Sorry I'm through with this discussion if that's the kind of rubbish being spouted on this topic.

#23 bigred

bigred
  • Coach
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:54 PM

Jeez! Lighten up will you.
It was just a little levity there, with old Jimbo being used metaphorically to describe the potential folly of some people being profligate with their potential winnings!

Edited by bigred, 02 March 2014 - 06:55 PM.

#24 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,672 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:14 PM

given tommys first "splurg" was to buy his daughters new boobs im kinda glad CH turned him down lol

also CH would'nt have access to all the trust membership money....just the season ticket part of the membership money...the rest will be spent on projects decided & voted on by trust members....

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#25 Superdude

Superdude
  • Coach
  • 135 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:20 PM

This may be a stumbling point Spud. I can buy my wife a hoover but ultimately its up to her to use it.

Hamilton is an obstructionist at the best of times. Can you imagine the trust paying wages for an old pro to guide the team round a bit (a Chris Hough type a la Hormets last year) and then being sat in the stands as Hamilton says dont pick him!

Best thing we can do is set up a trust and pay our season ticket, gate money or other spend we would normally associate with OLdham Rugby. When the club moves into administration we will have funds to make an offer to the administrators. We can then take over and have full and proper control of our once great club

#26 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,672 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:20 AM

we can't sit back and wait till ORLFC goes bust....whitebank would be siezed by the creditors as the clubs biggest asset...

we can't afford to wait for that to happen.

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users