TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Results 1st March

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 04:58 PM

Can't see any on the website, must be a fault 

Thatto Heath Crusaders 25-18 Leigh Miners Rangers

Great game for the season opener. Miners on top early racing into a 12-0 lead before Heath battled back within two points at half time at 12-10. Miners bossed first 10 mins of 2nd half and score a try and kicked a penalty to open up and 8 point lead before 3 Heath tries (one converted) and a late drop goal claimed the points.

Edited by thestatman, 01 March 2014 - 06:36 PM.

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#2 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 490 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:05 PM

Div 3: Blackbrook 16-16 Crosfields

Soap battled back from 16-0 down to earn the point

#3 Wilber

Wilber
  • Coach
  • 131 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:23 PM

Pats beat Judes 44-14

#4 aussierules

aussierules
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:28 PM

East Leeds beat Hunslet 32-26

#5 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:33 PM

East lost at home to st Anne's after being in charge for most of the game

#6 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:51 PM

Underbank destroyed the Bears 10-44 I think the final score was.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#7 rollman

rollman
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:13 PM

East hull beat dockers 25-10

#8 Havenwarrior

Havenwarrior
  • Coach
  • 622 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:26 PM

Brow 26 Egremont 14

HW

#9 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 360 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:37 PM

Rochdale Mayfield 60 v 20 Millom

Some Conference results are shown on the banner at the top of the NC web site.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#10 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:13 PM

PREMIER DIVISION:

Wigan St Judes 14 Wigan St Patricks 44;

East Leeds 32 Hunslet Warriors 26;

East Hull 25 Hull Dockers 10;

Siddal 26 Lock Lane 18;

Wath Brow Hornets 26 Egremont Rangers 14;

West Hull 34 Skirlaugh 18;

Thatto Heath Crusaders 25 Leigh Miners Rangers 18;

DIVISION ONE:

Dewsbury Celtic 26 Shaw Cross Sharks 25;

Myton Warriors 16 Oulton Raiders 38;

Rochdale Mayfield 60 Millom 20;

Eccles 30 Ince Rose Bridge 6;

Saddleworth Rangers 26 Milford Marlins 26;

York Acorn 16 Normanton Knights 18;

DIVISION TWO:

Leigh East 22 Oldham St Annes 30;

Bradford Dudley Hill 34 Stanningley 22;

Kells 54 Askam 6;

Pilkington Recs 70 Waterhead 22;

Stanley Rangers 42 Castleford Panthers 36;

Elland 0 Ovenden 14;

DIVISION THREE:

Coventry Bears 10 Underbank Rangers 44;

Eastmoor Dragons 18 Featherstone Lions 34;

Peterlee Pumas 8 Heworth 36;

Blackbrook 16 Crosfields 16;

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#11 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,240 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:55 PM

Div 3: Blackbrook 16-16 Crosfields

Soap battled back from 16-0 down to earn the point

Good result for you there against a tough side

#12 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:01 AM

Eccles 30 Ince Rose Bridge 6. Eccles played some great RL and could have scored more if they cut out the mistakes, but to be fair, Ince seem to have lost a few players since I watched them a couple of times towards the end of last season, so I am not getting carried away with the result. Well done Ince for contributing to a good, honest game. Only 5 penalties each in 80 minutes, I don't think any for foul play, and the first one came on 27 minutes for accidental obstruction. Well done referee Liam Moore and his touch judges for letting the game flow and a good all round performance.

#13 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 490 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:58 AM

Good result for you there against a tough side

Thanks, cracking result. Good turnaround from last year where we went down 48-0 & 50-6 in Cup & League

#14 sidsmudge

sidsmudge
  • Coach
  • 214 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:08 AM

Good game at Siddal,well reffed...Siddal 20-0 at h time ,increased that lead to 26-0,then lock lane went the length of the field from a chris brooke interception pass,and scored a futher 2 converted trie ,but Siddal held on for victory in bright sunshine and a healthy crowd !!

#15 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,031 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:12 AM

Well done referee 

well reffed

I think I have wandered into the wrong forum.

Edited by once a ref always a ref, 02 March 2014 - 10:14 AM.

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#16 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:28 AM

I've also been asked to add praise to the referee from the Skirlaugh head coach, despite losing the game Col thought that Gareth (not sure his second name) had had a good game

My thoughts are wests still looked a good team, Aaron Spavin ran the ball well for them. Skirlaugh looked good in patches but we need to do it for the full 80mins

#17 leighminers

leighminers
  • Coach
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:05 PM

Thatto Heath 25 v 18 Leigh Miners

Leigh Miners started their 2014 NCL season with a 25-18 away defeat at Thatto Heath Crusaders yesterday afternoon in what was an entertaining contest throughout on a warm afternoon at Close Street. It was the visitors who started the game the stronger, playing the game fast and having Thatto on the back foot and they got their reward for a good start when centre Sean MacDonald went over in the left corner, Kieran Eccleston converting from the touchline to give Miners a 6-0 lead. Miners increased their lead on twenty minutes when young back rower Ellis Grimes went charging through from about forty out from a tap penalty to score under the post, Eccleston adding the extras to give the score 12-0. Thatto hit back immediately after capitalizing on a Miners mistake, Shaun Quinn going over to make the score 12-4. The home side had their tails up from this score and started to get a roll on and after Thatto had denied Miners from scoring a third try after they broke from deep inside their own half only to be denied by a scrambling home defence they worked their way up field to score under the post, Quinn adding the extras to make it 12-10 to Miners. And that's how it stayed going into the break with Miners taking a two point lead into the sheds in what was an entertaining opening forty minutes of the season.

The second half was similar to the first with Miners again starting really strong having plenty of possession inside Thatto's half, the early pressure told with winger Jack Probert going over in the left corner to score on his debut to make the score 16-10. Miners continued to press and increased their lead to eight points with an Eccleston penalty goal but again Thatto clawed their way back into the game and when Jack Jones scored on the hour mark, Quinn converting to make it 18-16 it really was game on. The home side had plenty of ball in the final quarter and although Miners worked their socks off in defence with them being starved of possession they was unable to prevent two tries out wide from Corey Lee and Jamie Tracy to make the score 24-18, Jack Jones made sure of the victory late on with a drop goal to give last years minor premiers a winning start, while despite defeat Miners will be encouraged by their opening day performance.

Next week Miners are at home to Siddal.

MINERS TEAM = Shaun Dowie, Jake Waterworth, Sean MacDonald, Adam Thomason, Jack Probert, Kieron Eccleston, Scott O’Brien, Martin Gray, Matty Meaden, Darryl Kay, Ellis Grimes, Danny Jackson, Dave Rowlands, Subs = Aaron Gorton, Danny Jones, Tom Farrimond, Matt Astley

MINERS MOM = Darryl Kay

#18 Should of been a 7

Should of been a 7
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 04:14 PM

Thatto and Wath start as they mean to go on!???

Great win for Wath in the Cumbrian Darby!!
(Apparently 1000 supporters!! Is this true??)

Thatto defeat the NCL conferance cup holders in game 1.... Are miners a thret this year???

#19 Havenwarrior

Havenwarrior
  • Coach
  • 622 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:34 PM

Thatto and Wath start as they mean to go on!???
Great win for Wath in the Cumbrian Darby!!
(Apparently 1000 supporters!! Is this true??)
Thatto defeat the NCL conferance cup holders in game 1.... Are miners a thret this year???

Big crowd, but wouldn't have thought it was 4 figures.

HW

#20 Davo5

Davo5
  • Coach
  • 505 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:39 PM

There was a great crowd at the brow/mont match,wouldn't be surprised if it was around the 1000 mark,a good game as well

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users