TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

vasectomy

Good bad and the bruising

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,645 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:20 PM

At the tender age of 38 I now believe it's time for the chop.

Mrs can't have certain contraceptive products, procedures or injections etc etc

So I'd like some advise on what to expect??

Many say it didn't hurt, no issues no problems, however the info sent through the post scares the sssshit out of me.

I'm i being a ####

#2 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,520 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:22 PM

Nowt to it man. I had it done in the morning and went to see the Bulls the same night. Although nowadays I think I would prefer to have it done rather than go to the bulls :P

#3 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:25 PM

You need a consultant who's a cut above the rest!

LUNEW.jpg

#4 Shadow

Shadow
  • Coach
  • 8,166 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:36 PM

You need a consultant who's a cut above the rest!

Mine was done by Mr Cumming.

God Rides a Harley but the Devil rides a Ducati!

#5 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,645 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:42 PM

Nowt to it man. I had it done in the morning and went to see the Bulls the same night. Although nowadays I think I would prefer to have it done rather than go to the bulls :P

Thanks Johnoco, it worries me.

I need to man up then!!

#6 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,621 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:47 PM

I took my mate as his wife couldn't drive.
The waiting room was filled with couples and me with my mate, we had some funny sideways looks.
One by one the men disappeared until there was only me and one lady left.
She was sitting in the next but one chair to me, presently her feller came back and sat in that chair with a groan. I asked " did it hurt?"
"Did it hurt" he replied " that's the last time I come here to get my eyes tested, I'm sure that form said spectacles"

A couple of years later I went for myself, I was the first one in and the team were still pottering about in the operating theatre. Eventually they were ready the head nurse looked at me and said " Right, here we go gathering nuts in May!"
We were going out that evening ( to see Bill Haley and the Comets- it was a while ago) so when the nurse said have a little rest and you can go when your ready I looked at my wife and said "come on let's go"
" Will you be ok to go so soon? "
"yes I said I'm fine"
We set off and half way back home I said to my wife " listen, don't panic but I'm about to feint "which I duly did!
I soon recovered and we made the concert in time.
Don't worry you will be fine.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#7 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,645 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:00 PM

Cheers bearman, I won't be going to any concerts. ;-)

#8 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:00 PM

At the tender age of 38 I now believe it's time for the chop.

Mrs can't have certain contraceptive products, procedures or injections etc etc

So I'd like some advise on what to expect??

Many say it didn't hurt, no issues no problems, however the info sent through the post scares the sssshit out of me.

I'm i being a ####

Tell them to take the pain out but leave the swelling in ;)

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#9 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,422 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:09 PM

I took my mate as his wife couldn't drive.
The waiting room was filled with couples and me with my mate, we had some funny sideways looks.
One by one the men disappeared until there was only me and one lady left.
She was sitting in the next but one chair to me, presently her feller came back and sat in that chair with a groan. I asked " did it hurt?"
"Did it hurt" he replied " that's the last time I come here to get my eyes tested, I'm sure that form said spectacles"

A couple of years later I went for myself, I was the first one in and the team were still pottering about in the operating theatre. Eventually they were ready the head nurse looked at me and said " Right, here we go gathering nuts in May!"
We were going out that evening ( to see Bill Haley and the Comets- it was a while ago) so when the nurse said have a little rest and you can go when your ready I looked at my wife and said "come on let's go"
" Will you be ok to go so soon? "
"yes I said I'm fine"
We set off and half way back home I said to my wife " listen, don't panic but I'm about to feint "which I duly did!
I soon recovered and we made the concert in time.
Don't worry you will be fine.

I don't recall whether Bill Haley often included a rendition of 'Great Balls of Fire" in his set. Did you make a request?

LUNEW.jpg

#10 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,347 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:43 PM

Nowt to it man. I had it done in the morning and went to see the Bulls the same night. 

You must have some balls to do that!

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#11 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,017 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 11:14 PM

What a strange thing to ask a forum.
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#12 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,837 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:54 AM

;)

Seriously, it's a commonsense thing to do. However, at 38 years of age, you've got forty years of potential fertility in front of you. I'd look at getting some manjuice stored in a commercial spermbank.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#13 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,645 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:00 AM

What a strange thing to ask a forum.

Why??

Some people have taken the time to post, which I'm very grateful, I'm scared too death, maybe wimpish, however asking on a forum with people who don't know me hardly makes it strange.

Thanks for responding though, missed being civil too each other :-))

#14 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,385 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:07 AM

When I had mine done the doctor was telling me all about the Man City game he'd gone to at the weekend. I wasn't interested and wanted him to be 100% concentrated on the job he was doing. One slip and all that...

Don't worry Wires, you'll be fine!
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#15 Exiled Townie

Exiled Townie
  • Coach
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:04 PM

Had mine done years ago and not a problem at all, and I would imagine the technique used these days is much better as well.  And of all the lads I knew who had the snip, I can't remember anyone having any problems.  I seem to remember that I was told its something like only 1 in a 1000 that experience any discomfort or pain afterwards.

Jamfree.gifth_jasmax001.jpglaughingstock.jpg
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." G.Orwell.
St Albans Centurions Website & St Albans Centurions Photo Site

#16 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,645 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 12:51 PM

Had mine done years ago and not a problem at all, and I would imagine the technique used these days is much better as well.  And of all the lads I knew who had the snip, I can't remember anyone having any problems.  I seem to remember that I was told its something like only 1 in a 1000 that experience any discomfort or pain afterwards.

Thank you

It's the ball ache that really worries me.

Thanks again

#17 Copa

Copa
  • Coach
  • 6,421 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:48 PM

Mine was done in the doctor's surgery after hours. Just the doc and I and some local anaesthetic. It was tender for a while but no real hassles except for when I went 10 pin bowling when shifting those heavy weights around brought some pain.

#18 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:39 PM

<snip>

Edited by hindle xiii, 02 March 2014 - 08:40 PM.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#19 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:40 PM

Mine was done in the doctor's surgery after hours. Just the doc and I and some local anaesthetic. It was tender for a while but no real hassles except for when I went 10 pin bowling when shifting those heavy weights around brought some pain.

Use your hands.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#20 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,148 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:58 PM

And that's mine done.  In, snip snip, out.  The worst part of it all was the doctor describing exactly what he was doing as he went, "I'm cutting now... I'm now cutting off a bit of the tube...  I'm now cauterizing the ends" and the local anaesthetic injections.  Sitting in bed now relaxing.  The wife refuses to put on her old nurses outfit while looking after me... (she was a part-time dental nurse in her dad's practice as a teenager)

Seriously, not that bad and my imagination caused me more problems than the actual procedure.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Good, bad and the bruising

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users