TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

South Wales v Oldham

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:24 PM

http://mobilebespoke...5c38d32071113b2

Spoke to Mike after the game and he said was more than happy for result to stand. Said players were a credit and was no way he would force a reply. Said was pleased with his lads and will build on that

#22 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:45 PM

The result Will stand and Bloomfield said he was suffering from hypothermia the conditions were unbelievable it was virtually unplayable tbh

You lot must be getting soft since you moved from Watersheddings , Now that was a bloody cold place. Second coldest game I ever went to was there one Boxing Day. Coldest was a cup game at York in a blizzard. My mate had a hip flask of whiskey that saved our lives.

#23 john in oz

john in oz
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:14 AM

Spent many cold afternoons at Watersheddings over the years but the coldest match I can ever recall was one New Years Day against Huddersfield at Fartown......my now wife, then my girlfriend , was with me......she must have been bloody mad......well, that's what she's always telling me now !

Edited by john in oz, 04 March 2014 - 07:16 AM.

#24 neanderthal

neanderthal
  • Players
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:51 PM

Boundary Park in the Challenge Cup against Castleford. We were there because Watersheddings was frozen solid. I vaguely remember the Castleford physio running through our line of play and knocking the ball to the ground in the dying moments, just when it looked like we could steal the game. The rest of the team had to pull Andy Goodway off him when the hooter went.

#25 SINGE

SINGE
  • Coach
  • 723 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:49 PM

Roughyeds have been awarded the win.

Credit to South Wales, and to Mike for supporting the decision. Tremendous sporting decision, especially as the opportunity for the extra point meant plenty to play for, if not the result.

(And to JohnnyG for the scooop)

http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/26437025

#26 Ex-scrumhalf

Ex-scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 116 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:18 PM

Spent many cold afternoons at Watersheddings over the years but the coldest match I can ever recall was one New Years Day against Huddersfield at Fartown......my now wife, then my girlfriend , was with me......she must have been bloody mad......well, that's what she's always telling me now !

I remember that game as well. The scoreboard was at one end of the ground, behind the sticks and underneath it was an eight foot high slatted fence with roughly two inch gaps, and me and my mates were stood behind this fence to keep the icy wind off and watching the game through the gaps with mugs of Bovril in hand. I also recall going to HKR one evening soon after they had moved to the new ground. The wind was blowing off the North Sea and it was freezing cold. I had on a thick leather jacket with a suit jacket underneath and on the way home I kept them on and had the car heater on full blast, I was still cold as I came down the hill towards Milnrow on the M62. The coldest I can remember playing in was against Hornets either on Boxing Day or New Years Day on the old Athletic Ground. Later that day I went for a pint in The Sportsmans which used to be on the corner of Featherstall Road and Chadderton Road and I was still so cold I sat in front of the coal fire all night. Happy days.  

#27 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:11 PM

Roughyeds have been awarded the win.
Credit to South Wales, and to Mike for supporting the decision. Tremendous sporting decision, especially as the opportunity for the extra point meant plenty to play for, if not the result.
(And to JohnnyG for the scooop)
http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/26437025

Thank you :)
He was upset that they couldn't get bonus point but said credit to the players in conditions and after the off field issues in pre season was more than happy with the scoreline

#28 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:31 AM

Just aswell it did'nt happen at your place with no hot showers..........

#29 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:46 AM

Just aswell it did'nt happen at your place with no hot showers..........

Yawn getting bored of reading that!!

#30 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:11 PM

Is your main stand still that bus shelter??
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#31 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:16 PM

Funny guy ^^. It might not be the best but its ours unlike your borrowed council house pal.

#32 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:30 PM

Hahaha last time I came I was stood on a tree trunk in the middle of the terraced area. And its in the middle the chatston estate.
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#33 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:42 AM

chatston?? do you mean chatsworth?

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#34 john in oz

john in oz
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:48 AM

Hamilton rubbing shoulders with the Duke of Devonshire ? The mind boggles !

#35 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 360 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:11 PM

Chatsworth = Shameless

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#36 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:14 PM

I remember reading a story in my paper entitled " My worst away day ". It was about a QPR fan who'd travelled up to Boundary Park one Boxing Day for a game. He was already suffering a dose of mild flu. During the second half the poor guy collapsed on the terraces and was taken to the nearby hospital. He developed pneumonia and ended up staying there for a week !

#37 john in oz

john in oz
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:02 PM

Chatsworth = Shameless

Hamilton, the Duke of Devonshire and now Frank.......even more mind boggling !

#38 Cardiff Cymru

Cardiff Cymru
  • Coach
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:29 PM

Guys, our official pub has complemented the Oldham fans. They said you were a great bunch, could put them away, and were well behaved throughout. So nice one.

About time I updated this.

Join Rebtel for cheap international calls

#39 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:48 PM

Guys, our official pub has complemented the Oldham fans. They said you were a great bunch, could put them away, and were well behaved throughout. So nice one.

no worries thanks for that, enjoyed our wkend trip and i gave a scarf to the pub too a Roughyeds one obviously haha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users