Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Full Time Batley 10 Halifax 8

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:10 PM

Great finish to I felt like I had run all the way down the field with Vinny when he scored his first  B) I turned to my mate and said it's a good job Potts isn't playing for Fax or he might have caught him only for my mate to reply he was in the pack following in Vinny's exhaust fumes :focus:

The season has only just started and it is looking like a cracker, with Eagles losing to Barra and our noisy neighbours are one of two to beat :drinks:

Edited by Piggy's mate, 02 March 2014 - 07:11 PM.

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#22 ernieone

ernieone
  • Coach
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:21 PM

The Halifax fans were fine today

"Batley Bulldogs, Championship Club of the Year 2011"

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

#23 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,053 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:32 PM

Interesting.  Do you care to elaborate on the theory.  What makes a classic "two year coach"?  (And please don't say he gets sacked in year three).

Fair question.

These are coaches who rely upon their unique motivational abilities. In year one the players respond to the difference and freshness of the approach, In year two he has weeded out the ones who didn't respond in year one. In year three the players have heard it all before and fail to respond and the coach has nothing different to offer. They aren't innovative or creative thinkers and believe in only one way of playing. In my opinion KH is such and doesn't seem to offer anything new in his approach or tactics, and can be sure to start blaming others before too long.

Another case in point was Maurice Bamford. I've known players who played under him and they reported just that - inspiring in the beginning but like a cracked record in the end.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#24 budgiezilla

budgiezilla
  • Coach
  • 183 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:32 PM

Well done Bulldogs !!!

In all media scores, it says att: 300.....Surely Not ! 

#25 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:40 PM

Well done Bulldogs !!!

Bit of a drop from the 4,500 of a couple of seasons ago! ;)

#26 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 208 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:45 PM

I liked kears interview when said heaton didnt ground the ball and three other players said the same. Also y was it he never went to the offical who didnt give the try bit confused there. Yet a gain shoddy refs and questionable decsions but still prevaled on team sprit well done lads brillant display.

#27 PKK

PKK
  • Coach
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:46 PM

I don't think he grounded it either.

Also seen our disallowed supposed double movement try given plenty of times before.
Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

#28 Sir Jekyll Stocking

Sir Jekyll Stocking
  • Coach
  • 885 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:38 PM

Well done Bulldogs !!!

2nd half announcement gave attendance at 1700-ish.

Gutsy performance from the 'dogs today. Always delighted to leave the Shay after a win.

Just wish we'd cut out the suicidal off-loads on the first tackle inside our 20m area.

Edited by Sir Jekyll Stocking, 03 March 2014 - 12:05 AM.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

#29 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:53 PM

Impressed today, despite the negative assessments on the Halifax forum. A virtually brand new team - which included possibly our youngest halfback combination ever, and we managed to pull off a win against a side packed with experience and quality. Our defensive effort was immense. Finigan's first try was sensational, and he's gone a long way to silencing some of his doubters. As I stated some time ago, Mark Aston wouldn't have kept a player for three seasons if he wasn't up to much.

With two new players expected to arrive this week, things are starting to look very, very promising.

Posted Image

#30 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 752 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:07 AM

Miles greenwoods tackle in first half one on one with heaton won it for me there but vinny took his trys well
Applegarth led the pack with smith rowe davies plus the two youngsters gledhill and brennan didn't go down to fax's forwards finally looking like a decent
Can't wait for next week

#31 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:51 AM

Miles greenwoods tackle in first half one on one with heaton won it for me there but vinny took his trys well
Applegarth led the pack with smith rowe davies plus the two youngsters gledhill and brennan didn't go down to fax's forwards finally looking like a decent
Can't wait for next week

Great prrformance from 1-17 - the teamwork, comearderie and effort was there for all to see, that was the most pleasing part for me.

Wasnt sure about Finnigan when we signed him but has been outstanding the last 2 games and look a threat in open play.

Our kicking game once again was excellent too.

Plenty to work on still but a good win and we are moving in the right direction.

Edited by buford t justice, 03 March 2014 - 10:53 AM.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#32 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,594 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:38 AM

Great finish to I felt like I had run all the way down the field with Vinny when he scored his first  B) I turned to my mate and said it's a good job Potts isn't playing for Fax or he might have caught him only for my mate to reply he was in the pack following in Vinny's exhaust fumes :focus:

The season has only just started and it is looking like a cracker, with Eagles losing to Barra and our noisy neighbours are one of two to beat :drinks:

Now that is something I'd pay good money to see. :tongue:  Well done the dogs - HW rules OK ;)

#33 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:58 AM

Well done Batley. I didn't think anything other than a Halifax victory beforehand. Cannot recall Harrison in the Radio Leeds interview actually congratulating his former charges; it was more about his current team playing diabolically.

Perhaps Leigh are going to put 50 past every team, so I think that margin of defeat against them can be forgotten.
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#34 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 497 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:25 PM

Fair question.

These are coaches who rely upon their unique motivational abilities. In year one the players respond to the difference and freshness of the approach, In year two he has weeded out the ones who didn't respond in year one. In year three the players have heard it all before and fail to respond and the coach has nothing different to offer. They aren't innovative or creative thinkers and believe in only one way of playing. In my opinion KH is such and doesn't seem to offer anything new in his approach or tactics, and can be sure to start blaming others before too long.

Another case in point was Maurice Bamford. I've known players who played under him and they reported just that - inspiring in the beginning but like a cracked record in the end.

Cheers BSJ, thanks for your reply.  It's an interesting theory.  Harrison has freshened up the Halifax squad somewhat this year, and time will tell whether its' for the better or not.  I shall take especial notice of their results this season after seeing your comments.

#35 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 178 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:27 PM

Greenwood is consistently brilliant. His only bad decision yesterday seemed to be letting a high ball bounce resulting in a scramble, other than that he did everything right. 

Davies makes 3 tackles in every set. 

#36 phildog

phildog
  • 292 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:06 PM

Halifax should just remember which of the teams was playing at LSV in the Grand Final, after winning AWAY at both Leigh and Featherstone, therefore why shouldn't we go to The Shay and win? It's OK thinking back to last seasons' games against the 4 teams who finished above us, but that was what it was- last season! This season started badly and the usual 'Batley aren't good enough' song started up, but now which team isn't quite good enough, despite believing their own hype?

#37 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:30 PM

Halifax should just remember which of the teams was playing at LSV in the Grand Final, after winning AWAY at both Leigh and Featherstone, therefore why shouldn't we go to The Shay and win? It's OK thinking back to last seasons' games against the 4 teams who finished above us, but that was what it was- last season! This season started badly and the usual 'Batley aren't good enough' song started up, but now which team isn't quite good enough, despite believing their own hype?

I agree Phildog, No club should take any team for granted and "expect" to beat them, especially not a team like Batley in recent years who have turned up and beaten the best.........with the exception of Sheffield :D

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#38 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,053 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:23 PM

I agree Phildog, No club should take any team for granted and "expect" to beat them, especially not a team like Batley in recent years who have turned up and beaten the best.........with the exception of Sheffield :D

I think Phildog is saying forget "recent years" and concentrate upon this one PM

(That's what we're doing across the valley in any case :onthequiet: )

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users