new players

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 245 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:41 PM

Just listned to kears interview and signing maybr annoused tues also a nother one is what he descrives as very exciting. Sounds great wonder who they could be.

#2 Southampton Leyther

Southampton Leyther
  • Players
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:46 PM

Ian Hardman?     :ph34r: 

#3 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:54 PM

Hardman is definitely one. No idea who the other might be, but Kear sounded very excited about the prospect of him joining.

Posted Image

#4 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 371 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:04 PM

I doubt hardman would be one for a number of reasons. firstly do you need a full back ? probably not,
secondly he is the vice captain and is firmly in the coaches plans. He was out injured for the first 2
games and i guess the coach could not drop mendeika after a couple of top performances.
Lastly he is one of the full time players working in the community and in a few months gets married to the chairmans daughter.
taking all this into account I doubt there is a shred of truth in this'rumour'

#5 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:13 PM

I doubt hardman would be one for a number of reasons. firstly do you need a full back ? probably not,
secondly he is the vice captain and is firmly in the coaches plans. He was out injured for the first 2
games and i guess the coach could not drop mendeika after a couple of top performances.
Lastly he is one of the full time players working in the community and in a few months gets married to the chairmans daughter.
taking all this into account I doubt there is a shred of truth in this'rumour'

You'll find that you're wrong.

Posted Image

#6 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:16 PM

He was sat just behind us with a beautiful lass, I thought he was there to support his mate Saxton (who was Fax's MOM by a mile) but perhaps he was sussing out if he'd get in the starting 17 and I don't think he would at the mo  :drag:

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like

expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#7 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 371 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:18 PM

well I'm sure you know him far more personally than i do :)

Edited by Deano44, 02 March 2014 - 07:20 PM.

#8 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 245 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:36 PM

If true would be a strange one as he is a fullback and we need a center or winger so lets wait and see ????

#9 The Grinder

The Grinder
  • Coach
  • 651 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:46 PM

If true would be a strange one as he is a fullback and we need a center or winger so lets wait and see ????

Hardman can play centre with ease

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

#10 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:11 PM

Seemed very coy when one of our group asked him if he was signing, but he went down the tunnel at half time and came back up after, so hes in with either the Batley or Halifax camp.

Matt Gardner from Leigh and the persistent McGoldrick rumour were the others names doing the rounds in the stand today.

None of them fill me with excitement, and JK says one will excite all Batley fans, so assume its none of the above.

Edited by buford t justice, 02 March 2014 - 09:12 PM.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#11 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:16 PM

Andy Kain rumoured to be leaving fev too?

#12 windogs

windogs
  • Players
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:39 PM

Seemed very coy when one of our group asked him if he was signing, but he went down the tunnel at half time and came back up after, so hes in with either the Batley or Halifax camp.

Matt Gardner from Leigh and the persistent McGoldrick rumour were the others names doing the rounds in the stand today.

None of them fill me with excitement, and JK says one will excite all Batley fans, so assume its none of the above.

If none of those players you have mentioned excite you, who would you like to see in a bulldog shirt? At this stage in the season it's unlikely there will be lots of quality players available.

#13 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:44 PM

I never rated McGoldrick at Super League level, but he'd do a very good job for us IMO.

Posted Image

#14 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:54 PM

If none of those players you have mentioned excite you, who would you like to see in a bulldog shirt? At this stage in the season it's unlikely there will be lots of quality players available.

So theres truth in all three then.

They'd do a job granted, but the way Kear was talking, im expecting something bigger and better than the ones mentioned.

Unless his and your version of exciting is different to most of the rest of us.

Edited by buford t justice, 02 March 2014 - 09:57 PM.

#15 Chris_T

Chris_T
  • Coach
  • 402 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:56 PM

McGoldrick could win or loose us games but would certainly be entertaining and Hardman is as good as there is in this league. Be happy with both of them. There a are signs that we could be in for some exciting rugby once the weather picks up. The long passes from leatherbarrow are something I haven't seen since Lawford was here and we seem to be backing up well also. Could be a good un.

#16 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:57 PM

Andy Kain rumoured to be leaving fev too?

THIS.

#17 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:29 PM

Andy Kain is just returning from injury, and rumours that he's out of favour are unfounded so I hear. He'll be back in the Fev team soon. Our halfback options are actually pretty good - especially if McGoldrick arrives as expected and with the prospect of a fully fit (finally) Ben Black to return. Leak is an impressive young player - especially for an 18 year old rookie, and Leatherbarrow will only get better and better.

Posted Image

#18 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:05 AM

Andy Kain is just returning from injury, and rumours that he's out of favour are unfounded so I hear. He'll be back in the Fev team soon. Our halfback options are actually pretty good - especially if McGoldrick arrives as expected and with the prospect of a fully fit (finally) Ben Black to return. Leak is an impressive young player - especially for an 18 year old rookie, and Leatherbarrow will only get better and better.

Have to agree, there are some really positive signs in the team, and i think we will keep improving week on week.

Hopefully the new guys whoever they are will slot right in - As the saying goes 'in JK we trust'.

Very happy and positive about our chances this season today.

#19 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:44 AM

According to this morning's LE, it's a halfback that JK is excited about and hoping to get on board.

#20 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:53 AM

According to this morning's LE, it's a halfback that JK is excited about and hoping to get on board.

It says that he hopes to have 3 additions this week! 

He will meet with the potential half back today and will have an answer then, quote "We are talking about somebody that I think will surprise everyone a bit".  

He also has an amateur international (no position mentioned) and an established Championship threequarter in his sights.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users